What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMNTs leaks apparently

I was a huge fan of TMNT back in the day so I'm hoping this comes fruition. I would imagine we're not likely to see this for quite sometime though.

TMNT is quite a weird theme. For me it’s like licensing He-Man or another 80s kids show. These shows were huge for a very specific age bracket and there’s lots of nostalgia there but slide up or down 5 years and no one cares. (Battle of the planets was what all the cool kids were into anyway 😉)

Does anyone over 50 care about this theme? I was aware of the show in the 80s but was too old for it. Are the people clamouring for this pin in the 40-47 bracket?

there’s nothing wrong with Stern going for a very specific demographic and If you are 60 and a huge turtles fan then good for you.

Just wondering if we are going to start seeing a new trend where 90s TVs shows start getting used as those kids have now hit 40 and have the disposable income to start buying games.

Have to say I am not a fan of this theme. And no it was Ulysses 31 John! ;)

Game has to be really good for me to be interested and so far I’m not seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No I’m the right side of 45 I’m afraid John LOL

TMNT is quite a weird theme. For me it’s like licensing He-Man or another 80s kids show. These shows were huge for a very specific age bracket and there’s lots of nostalgia there but slide up or down 5 years and no one cares. (Battle of the planets was what all the cool kids were into anyway 😉)

Does anyone over 50 care about this theme? I was aware of the show in the 80s but was too old for it. Are the people clamouring for this pin in the 40-47 bracket?

there’s nothing wrong with Stern going for a very specific demographic and If you are 60 and a huge turtles fan then good for you.

Just wondering if we are going to start seeing a new trend where 90s TVs shows start getting used as those kids have now hit 40 and have the disposable income to start buying games.
I'm 25 and loved the show as a kid, not overly sure if it was just reruns from the 80s I saw or if they were new cartoons at the time. I definately think the age bracket for this theme is larger than people think. Although I'm not a lover of Sterns I do hope this is actually happening as they can't make a worse game than the DE Turtles.... Surely?? 😂

I may be very wrong about younger people being into the theme. I can’t remember either of my kids ever watching it but I might have zoned out. I do remember shaving to sit through some god awful remake of the power rangers Shows do tend to get recycled for different generations. I was thinking more about older potential punters.

I think it’s a theme that has massive appeal to some people but possibly to a slightly younger demographic than the one stern normally target. Nothings wrong with that. I’d 100% play it but can’t ever see me wanting to buy one new or second hand.

Suspect stern will do a lot to ensure this is a hit on location given location places have taken a hard hit over the past three months.

The only exciting thing about TMNT is whether or not it has internet connectivity. If Stern do it right in a Golden Tee style where you can play head to head it would be a great way to play against others, Stern could sell a camera as an add on and you could play your mates head to head (on the same machine) over the net

I've got the Ulysses 31 box set, Nono bash toy for the win :) They could do a mash up of the best 80s cartoons, Dogtanian, Dungeons & Dragons, Mysterious Cities Of Gold, Danger Mouse.....

I've got the Ulysses 31 box set, Nono bash toy for the win :) They could do a mash up of the best 80s cartoons, Dogtanian, Dungeons & Dragons, Mysterious Cities Of Gold, Danger Mouse.....
Did any of those 80s shows have a proper ending? Did the D&D kids get back to earth? Did the people in cities of good find elderado and celebrate by ransackOMG it for culturally sensitive artifacts ?

Did any of those 80s shows have a proper ending? Did the D&D kids get back to earth? Did the people in cities of good find elderado and celebrate by ransackOMG it for culturally sensitive artifacts ?
Ulysees 31 has a proper ending And strong to the core story. - for me that’s what made it stand out.

I used a thing called Google @johnwhitfield , today i'll be your bitch:

No ending to D&D, there is a script for the final show though here https://web.archive.org/web/20110720142026/http://www.michaelreaves.com/pdf/requiem_sec.pdf

Cities of Gold:

Eventually the Olmecs succeed, at great cost, in taking control of the Great Legacy. It begins to melt down without the moderation provided by Tao's jar. The resulting earthquakes and volcanism destroy the City of Gold. A world-threatening meltdown is avoided by the personal sacrifice of Esteban's father who, acting as the High Priest of the Cities, is presumed to be dead after replacing the jar. At the end of the series Mendoza, Sancho, and Pedro, having salvaged some gold before the City's destruction, return to Spain—while Esteban and his friends set out across the Pacific on the golden condor in search of the remaining Cities.

let’s hope they don’t Star Wars it for you.

This is the trouble man, you never quite know what the Stern quality lotto will produce.

And regarding the D&D kids. The never made it back, the show was cancelled before they could get home so they're forever lost in the magical realm, bit grim!

I used a thing called Google @johnwhitfield , today i'll be your bitch:

No ending to D&D, there is a script for the final show though here https://web.archive.org/web/20110720142026/http://www.michaelreaves.com/pdf/requiem_sec.pdf

Cities of Gold:

Eventually the Olmecs succeed, at great cost, in taking control of the Great Legacy. It begins to melt down without the moderation provided by Tao's jar. The resulting earthquakes and volcanism destroy the City of Gold. A world-threatening meltdown is avoided by the personal sacrifice of Esteban's father who, acting as the High Priest of the Cities, is presumed to be dead after replacing the jar. At the end of the series Mendoza, Sancho, and Pedro, having salvaged some gold before the City's destruction, return to Spain—while Esteban and his friends set out across the Pacific on the golden condor in search of the remaining Cities.

Esteban and his friends didn’t find any more cities and they all now run a Taco Bell franchise in south Central LA

Esteban and his friends didn’t find any more cities and they all now run a Taco Bell franchise in south Central LA

Given its come back for another 2 series (soon to be 3) I'm pretty sure they can't have had 52+ episodes without finding another one.

Around the World with Willy Fog had a proper ending, its the one that couldn't fail to have an ending really.

Zero appeal for me and the dollar has even less appeal at 1.21 cant see many le s coming at probably 12k and I think the pro will be pushing 7k

Announcement this week and distributors show today!

Back
Top Bottom