What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Tired old BoP to become BoP 2.0

Julian

Site Supporter
After 24 years she is a little worn and tired, good thing is the previous owner had owned her for 10 years so its in not in horrible shape but time to breath another 25+ years into her.

Starting with a full cabinet refresh, now not being any good with wood working I have opted for the lazy approach of sending her down to have a month's holiday by the sea side in the gentle hands of Manny ala WoodTech.

When she gets back I will start the playfield and parts refresh, BoP 2.0 I am told is about a month or so away from Dutch Pinball as such I should have most of it done by the time the kit arrives.

So to start with some before photos;

57.JPG
Playfield is quite dirty, where the machine was the glass would not come off so I guess it was not cleaned for 10 years, some things do not work like the left sling-shot as the coil plunger's linkage was broken, plastics look OK but where the are attached with screws the plastic has broken so these will be added to the parts list.

image1.JPG
Very dirty inside.

image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG
Art work and amour has seen better days.

image5.JPG
As had the cabinet.

image6.JPG
No side art, nice!

Looks great.

Especially like Mannys logo routed into the back box. Is that a coat hook or something on the top corner of the backbox (2nd picture)?

Oh my word. I'm gobsmacked. What sort of cost are you looking at for this type of work?

Oh my word. I'm gobsmacked. What sort of cost are you looking at for this type of work?

Not really wanting to discuss cost of work, but I consider it a good price.

Manny is you man if you fancy getting a price for high-end cabinet restoration, drop him a line he's all over eBay.

More photos as I get them and even more once the machine is back at home.

Looks great.

Especially like Mannys logo routed into the back box. Is that a coat hook or something on the top corner of the backbox (2nd picture)?

Actually thats the one thing i would hate about it.... Would specifically have to have it done without....

I know what you mean, I guess loads would want it looking like the original but I like it

I would think it would be something that could be left off if required

I chose the Manny logo, as this was offered to me by him, in fact all the way he has kept me informed and made suggestions thus far a great service, I can not wait to see it.

Also felt that as Manny's work is second to none and the routed logo looked really cool I'd have it.

Planning to have all metal uber shiny, still waiting for new playfield as the existing one had loads of planking, but going to try and clean the old one up best as I can.

manny has just replaced my tz cab, stayed all day and half the night :), i was very impressed with his work and nice bloke, made i laugh all day.
also did my afm backbox.
not cheap but worth every penny,

and that BOP looks lovely ( but then all of Julians games look nice)

Coin door is in, must be close to collection time....

image7.JPG image8.JPG image9.JPG

At this rate it will be a sin to attach legs, let alone play it!

Reminds me of a scene from Spinal Tap;

Great work thus far Manny.

Shiny, very shiny. Just curious as I know Manny is a dab hand with making metal shine too. Going to look awesome. Is already looking awesome! I wish I could afford Manny's services. He's a true master. Considering how long it must take and the level of skill and effort required his time is probably very reasonably priced.

Yeah that is new, the old one was really bashed in.

I think I made a mistake as I believe Manny stips the black from the coin door and then polishes the coin door!! Even more amazing for the chap...

Ah, a trip to the chromers explains everything! I wondered how he gets his lock-down bars so such a good mirror polish. I got a pretty good finish on my PARAGON lock-down bar but had a feeling that the only way to achieve a true mirror-like polish was to chrome them.

I shouldn't be following this thread, your pin is making my BoP look like a pile of poo! Maybe I should do something like this as well, I've owned her for 15 years now.
When are you expecting the conversion kit? I played Nigel's at the Lights on Sunday, but one game wasn't enough to convince me I should get one, considering the price...

Back
Top Bottom