What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to panic buy the petrol now guys ...

My fuel light has been on for a couple of days so I had to try and get some.... Well done everyone

PXL_20210924_153706067.MP.jpg

Our local garage. Cockwomble! (Wonder how that'll be asterisked)

View attachment 148284
That's interesting. My missus has just shown me this exact picture and said it was showing as being from Huntingdon Shell! Media hyping this all up so the numptys come out in force. She currently has enough fuel to get to work tomorrow but not back unless she can fill up on the way in. I might have a quiet weekend...

That's interesting. My missus has just shown me this exact picture and said it was showing as being from Huntingdon Shell! Media hyping this all up so the numptys come out in force. She currently has enough fuel to get to work tomorrow but not back unless she can fill up on the way in. I might have a quiet weekend...
Yeah - just seen it on a tweet, too (does look very like our local, but then they do all look pretty similar) - still a cockwomble though.

Anyone would think the media are trying to cause a news story so they have more news stories to report……….
You only have to look at the front page of the Sun yesterday. Showed pump and the last drop dripping out….. shock horror fuels running out everyone panic!!!!
If you read inside it’s says BP’s usual deliveries are something like 450 a week but now they’re down by 20 deliveries a week because of staff shortages….
I mean really!!!
Totally irresponsible reporting.
And I wouldn’t put it past Tesco and BP making their statements to increase sales.

You only have to look at the front page of the Sun yesterday. Showed pump and the last drop dripping out….. shock horror fuels running out everyone panic!!!!
If you read inside it’s says BP’s usual deliveries are something like 450 a week but now they’re down by 20 deliveries a week because of staff shortages….
I mean really!!!
Totally irresponsible reporting.
And I wouldn’t put it past Tesco and BP making their statements to increase sales.
Just re read the story from Friday’s Sun and I was slightly wrong…..BPs contractor Hoyer quote “ are typically 20 short of the 400-450 a day needed “
This is deliveries per day for smooth operations.
What a load of bo*llocks then.
News organisations whether left or right leaning need a good slap in my opinion.

There is a body of thought that this whole "fuel crisis" has been concocted by companies fearful of rising lorry driver salaries - so they want the government to allow overseas guys work permits. ie increase driver supply to suppress wage inflation

The 2000/ 2001 ? fuel crisis was the only time that William Hague's conservative party was ahead of Tony Bliar's labour party in the polls

So a fuel crisis is an extremely effective lobbying tool

Eleven posts up (reply #30) must've been buying for all their neighbourhood, I thought there's a limit on how much petrol can be kept at home, apart from in a vehicles' own tank.

For much of yesterday, the BBCs headline on the front page of the web site was about not panic buying, yet had a picture of 4 petrol pumps with notices on saying they were empty. They know exactly what they were doing with this, causing the plebs to panic whilst they laugh into their soy lattes served from an avocado. And they’ll keep doing this whilst they are not being held accountable for their actions. And the public has to fund these cockwombles via the TV tax

You could abstain from said Tax by just watching streaming services only (minus iPlayer). ;)

There is - 30L
I thought there was also a limit on how much could be taken from a pump at once, something like a single 5litre plastic or 2 x 10litre metal cans for petrol, but that is from information on the pump.

Just looking up now the 30 litre limit is for 2 x 5 litre plastic and 2 x 10 litre metal, and you are not allowed more than 2 of each so you cant have 6 x 5 litre plastic.

On Thursday BBC Scotland reported only a handful of BP stations nationwide would be temporarily closing and mainstream media appear to have blown it up.

Another theory; if Boris knew he'd be forced to do a U-turn on EU visas then doesn't this legitimise it for even hardended Brexit supporters.
I must be out of date, then. No change there. I had the impression it was 5 litres in plastic container, and 10 in metal.
2 X 5L plastic or 1 X 10L metal at my local ASDA

Another another Theory: Its distracting peoples attention from the energy company problems and high prices.
Another theory; if Boris knew he'd be forced to do a U-turn on EU visas then doesn't this legitimise it for even hardended Brexit supporters.

There is a body of thought that this whole "fuel crisis" has been concocted by companies fearful of rising lorry driver salaries - so they want the government to allow overseas guys work permits. ie increase driver supply to suppress wage inflation

The 2000/ 2001 ? fuel crisis was the only time that William Hague's conservative party was ahead of Tony Bliar's labour party in the polls

So a fuel crisis is an extremely effective lobbying tool
Yes my thoughts exactly. All the alarmism from the fuel companies and supermarkets has been to put pressure on the government. Interesting that one of the arguments of the Remain campaign was that an influx of foreign workers didn’t drive down wages for local workers. As soon as the EU drivers aren’t here UK companies are falling over themselves to put up wages.

LOL the conspirancy theory ******** on this forum sometime cracks me up. Its simply bad management by BP, Total and ESSO. Shell have no such problems but now the stupidity is causing them to have to deliver more. If you think any government could orchestrate this stuff then you really don't understand how the government works.

Looks like the BBC are at it again, news story about a chilled food delivery company going under so theyve found a stock photo with an empty chiller end shelf, if you look at the picture all the other shelfs in the chillers look fully stocked with price labels in them, but the empty one has no price labels and has clearly been blocked off so not sold out.

Queue the panic buyers heading out past their piles of toilet paper and pasta into their fully fueled up cars to empty the shelves of fresh food now.

On the plus side it will free up some more HGV drivers to go and work for BP to get the fuel pumps full again.

Beeb.jpg

From what I understand, 1.2% of the entire country's fuel outlets have had to shut due to supply problems. That only leaves 98.8% of outlets open to fill the gap - wow, PANIC.
No conspiracy.
No problem.
Get a grip.
Hold the media to account, maybe a class action?

Drove to reading and back on 20% tank, prob not best idea as seams impossible to now fill up lol

From what I understand, 1.2% of the entire country's fuel outlets have had to shut due to supply problems. That only leaves 98.8% of outlets open to fill the gap - wow, PANIC.
No conspiracy.
No problem.
Get a grip.
Hold the media to account, maybe a class action?

where did you get the 1.2% from? I called about 30 stations today to see if they fuel all empty. at work we are running a P1 incident to manage this situation as its affecting many things int he supply chain.

where did you get the 1.2% from? I called about 30 stations today to see if they fuel all empty. at work we are running a P1 incident to manage this situation as its affecting many things int he supply chain.
Loads around Bristol are out as well eat more then 1.2% hehe

Back
Top Bottom