What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to panic buy the petrol now guys ...

The sky is falling in!
The sky is falling in!
🤦‍♂️

'Threads' was first shown in this day in 1984. A terrifying dramatisation of a Russian nuclear attack on Britain and the effects

20210924_034911.png

Of course, Russia never did launch those nukes. But maybe they found a different way ... 🤔 (Cough, Brexit, cough)

'Threads' was first shown in this day in 1984. A terrifying dramatisation of a Russian nuclear attack on Britain and the effects

View attachment 148215

Of course, Russia never did launch those nukes. But maybe they found a different way ... [emoji848] (Cough, Brexit, cough)

If only brexit it was to blame.

The key issue is the volume of supplies on the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unfortunately somebody reversed into my EV two months ago and it has been at the bodyshop since awaiting an unavailable part (I'm sure if they did a survey of motor part distributors Brexit['s probably to blame for that too). I'm told it will be returned next week so only a few days worrying about where to get dirty diesel from for the rental car they sent me. Then back to filling up at home for me.

I was driving on fumes this morning so I drove to my local forecourt and the queues to fill up were around the block. I told the lady behind the till that she should be allowed to slap anyone who isn't spending a minimum of £25 at the pump.

..which the Road Haulage Association blame mainly on Brexit.

View attachment 148218

Of course the government could fix this, by allowing emergency visas to EU nationals working in haulage. But they won't. Because Brexit and the immigration figures.
The shortages are from covid. The usual 40,000+ drivers that retired last year weren't replaced as they'd stopped the testing for new drivers.

This is from the horse's mouth I know a few drivers that saw this coming last year.

The shortages are from covid. The usual 40,000+ drivers that retired last year weren't replaced as they'd stopped the testing for new drivers.

This is from the horse's mouth I know a few drivers that saw this coming last year.
Agreed! Plus the fact that (listening to a number of drivers on the radio this morning) they face many hours at the RDC's waiting to unload which has a knock on effect.... one guy missed his morning delivery slot of fresh produce by 10 minutes and was told to come back the following day at midday.... The supermarkets have a lot to answer for on this one i'm afraid... however are the ones complaining that there arent enough drivers...

Yep, approx 25,000 down due to covid (figures are in the report I linked above). That's a factor, but still, the RHA - and I don't know of any more official source than the people that are actually doing the job - puts most of the blame for this on Brexit. They've asked for emergency EU visa waivers so that we can get back the drivers that we lost.

Strange it seems unique to Britain when Covid is world wide.

interestingly had to pop in to the local morrisons garage this morning (Not panic buying - only 20 miles left in the tank, and due to a recent op havent been able to drive anywhere for the last 2 weeks)... to see cars queueing out the entrance.. The ladys behind the counter were chatting... now bear in mind this is in a relatively rural village... they had sold 10k litres more than usual since opening this morning.....

Thinking i should have filled up rather than just throwing £50 in.....

Last edited:
Looks like all the tw@'s who bought all the toilet paper last year are now at at the pumps this morning, no doubt putting an extra fiver's worth of fuel in their 4x4's to last them another day.
The same people will then be moaning that the price of petrol has gone up in the coming days.

interestingly had to pop in to the local morrisons garage this morning (Not panic buying - only 20 miles left in the tank, and due to a recent op havent been able to drive anywhere for the last 2 weeks)... to see cars queueing out the entrance.. The ladys behind the counter were chatting... now bear in mind this is in a relatively rural village... they had sold 10k litres more than usual since opening this morning.....

Thinking i should have filled up rather than just throwing £50 in.....

I'm old enough to remember when £50 would have filled up many of the cars on the road. Though not old enough for it to be multiple cars.

Plus, my old bangers don't seem to be approved for E 10 (the fuel, not London E10).

Last edited:
Shortage of drivers is due to all of the factors mentioned, just a cumulative effect.
Local Tesco and BP closed for fuel. Another filling station I drove past was absolutely rammed causing traffic chaos on a fairly major road into town.

Total muppetry

Not the best day to get a new car delivered with an empty tank as it turns out. *sigh*

My only worry is will I be able to get fuel for the van I'm picking my pinballs up in next month 😅 Priorities.

This is not my post but I copied it from a mate.
So, after seeing the news last night about fuel shortages, I popped in to Tesco at 0530 when I should have been sleeping! I spoke to a very nice tanker driver who was rather informative and told me that the boats carrying fuel are arriving daily at Plymouth, the two depots in Plymouth are extremely well stocked and there is no shortage of drivers. His only concern was news articles misleading the public. He finished by explaining that it is only BP who have issues. Back to bed....

And there's me thinking driverless technology was going to solve this type of problem 🤣

Jeez what is wrong with people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So clare panicking cos her car is out of fuel nearly, so here we are at 8:45 pm. busy as heck. silly cnuts filling their cars and large jerry cans in the boot of their cars ****eeers.

Back
Top Bottom