What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "What is this part/Where is this from" Thread..

Can anyone help me identifying which bulbs are in the back of the PF on a Met Pro (see pic below)? ; are they #44 (Bayonet) - not the #89 flashers which hang down, but the one labeled "3" below. Many thanks, DenMET Bulb.png

Chaps,
Snapped the head off one of these taking it out of a post.
Struck out at B&Q + Screwfix
Measured circa 2.5mm x 3.5mm width
Am I right in saying this is part compatible:-
Pinball mania:-
Machine Screw #6-32 x 1"

Thanks in advance 👍
FECA325A-F789-4A9E-97F2-C25A2A33C2E1.jpegDDD109F6-D3C6-4D8D-A7EA-32DC463CC01A.jpeg7BF607F2-D8AD-44CB-A7A6-3679D5A56979.jpeg

Chaps,
Snapped the head off one of these taking it out of a post.
Struck out at B&Q + Screwfix
Measured circa 2.5mm x 3.5mm width
Am I right in saying this is part compatible:-
Pinball mania:-
Machine Screw #6-32 x 1"

Thanks in advance 👍
View attachment 158419View attachment 158420View attachment 158421

This place is great for US size screws, bolts etc (x10 for £2.14!)
And yeah - that does look like a 6-32 👍

What is this? It’s from my Godzilla Prem.

I don’t seem to need it and wondered if I should throw it away.

1E24DAE2-3748-41CD-AAB8-82AA57196ED5.jpeg

Some home use pin nerds don’t have bank accounts.
Copy what they do and get yourself a coin mech and start using as a savings device 👍

Don’t throw it away 😮
Okay. We’re using the coin box for pinball document storage, e.g. the manuals, the shop log, spare balls, etc. inside the pin.

So, we don’t really have the space to put the lid on. Thus, I took it off (without knowing what it was) and it’s now floating around our basement like a rubbish vibranium shield.

Okay. We’re using the coin box for pinball document storage, e.g. the manuals, the shop log, spare balls, etc. inside the pin.

So, we don’t really have the space to put the lid on. Thus, I took it off (without knowing what it was) and it’s now floating around our basement like a rubbish vibranium shield.
I’m confused lol if you took it off the coin box yourself surely you realised it was the lid?

I’m confused lol if you took it off the coin box yourself surely you realised it was the lid?

No. There was a bunch of stuff taped up inside the NIB pin, inc. a shallow plastic tray full of promos, balls, etc. and this metal thing that looked to be part of a coin door, but which didn’t seem to fit or attach somewhere.

I obviously kept the manuals tidily inside the plastic box/tray at the front of the machine along with spare balls, shop log, etc.

And initially I also left the metal thing (lid) there, as well, but then ran out of space after I’d left some mods that need fitting in there as well. So, I took the metal thing out and dumped it in the cellar.

I had no idea how it fitted on the pin, and I didn’t understand how the plastic box attached either. The plastic box was useful, the metal thing wasn’t, and it didn’t seem to affect anything. As I don’t like accumulating junk, I figured I’d ask what it was before throwing it away.

No. There was a bunch of stuff taped up inside the NIB pin, inc. a shallow plastic tray full of promos, balls, etc. and this metal thing that looked to be part of a coin door, but which didn’t seem to fit or attach somewhere.

I obviously kept the manuals tidily inside the plastic box/tray at the front of the machine along with spare balls, shop log, etc.

And initially I also left the metal thing (lid) there, as well, but then ran out of space after I’d left some mods that need fitting in there as well. So, I took the metal thing out and dumped it in the cellar.

I had no idea how it fitted on the pin, and I didn’t understand how the plastic box attached either. The plastic box was useful, the metal thing wasn’t, and it didn’t seem to affect anything. As I don’t like accumulating junk, I figured I’d ask what it was before throwing it away.
It slides on to the plastic box.

Good rule of thumb is never throw pinball parts away. The next week you can guarantee you’ll need it .

What is this? It’s from my Godzilla Prem.

I don’t seem to need it and wondered if I should throw it away.

View attachment 164946
Don’t throw it away! Keep the spares elsewhere and keep the lid on the coin tray where it belongs, there’s a metal loop inside the cab that pokes through the slot to keep the tray/lid in place. No sense at all in binning it 🤦🏼‍♂️

Can anyone help me identify this plastic protector set? Pulled it out of between a load of other bits. I think it might be from Tron due to the large semi-circular plastic that I would have thought goes over the recognizer.

Don't really want to unbag it if I don't have to.

EDIT: Since sussed apparently it's for an AC/DC.

20220401_132059.jpg

20220401_132630.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get one of these, with a couple of extra pins for when I bugger up crimping them? It's the end of the cable assembly on my LW3, part number 5036-5258-00. I can always unsolder this one from the lamp unit if needed, but I'd rather not have to.

1653077347048.png

Stew

Anyone know where I can get one of these, with a couple of extra pins for when I bugger up crimping them? It's the end of the cable assembly on my LW3, part number 5036-5258-00. I can always unsolder this one from the lamp unit if needed, but I'd rather not have to.

View attachment 171306

Stew
Pinball Mainia sell the connectors and the pins. Just ask Andy and he will sort out what you need.

Any help welcome on identifying what this little glass tube is with the the two lines of it is? Resistor? Capacitor? Fuse?Where might I get a replacement, the corner has snapped off. It’s In a stern transformers and connects to the Optimus prime ramp motor. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 97CCD4FB-1697-4D22-B55E-8B8ECADA4472.jpeg
    97CCD4FB-1697-4D22-B55E-8B8ECADA4472.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 12
  • E1BB7DCD-ACA1-4BAE-8006-177F727B83F5.jpeg
    E1BB7DCD-ACA1-4BAE-8006-177F727B83F5.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 12
Thank you! Ordered. Digging a bit deeper I’ve found out it’s for surge protection on the motor (which was, but isn’t currently turning) so potentially should work without it(?) will do some more investigating to find out the cause.

….

Has anyone got one of these? My motors not turning the ramp up and down and I can’t see any breaks in the connection under the table…

stern 041-5103-00

Back
Top Bottom