The "What is this part/Where is this from" Thread..

• Hi Guest,

Want lots of pinball Machines to play in one place??

One low cost price to let you play all of these??

If you Fancy visiting the BIGGEST and BEST Pinball show of 2019 Click Here

(Click the "x" in the top right corner to get rid of this message :D )

jaywire

Sep 16, 2015
Durham
CuriousGamesCo.com
hi all,

i've been working on a zaccaria shooting the rapids for about 4 months now and have almost brought it back to life. I'm now down to the last few things and they're all pcb repair work. i know what i need but i dont know what the parts are called! trying to find something on farnell or rscomponents without a name is a bit heavy :D

so, can any of you good folk tell me what they call these display ribbon cable pcb terminals? the ones i'm replacing have 19 pins but thats not too much of an issue. it looks like just a standard display ribbon connector wire to pcb.

here's two pics of what i need:

and a link to what i can replace it with (the blue connector):

Any help or a link to it on rscomponents site would be a big help :)

And another pic just for the crack:

thanks!

Sam C

Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2012
Kettering, UK
Reactions: Colywobbles

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2016
Sunderland

kevlar

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2013
Newport, South Wales
Found this in my Star Trek pro cab the other day and can't see where it came from. Also everything works fine. I know I've seen one of these before but can't think where. Anyone?

a.jpg

kevlar

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2013
Newport, South Wales
Thanks Andy, I'll check that now. What are the consequences of not having that fitted? I understand EOS not working correctly on modern machines doesn't lead to burnt out coils? or does it?

Sam C

Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2012
Kettering, UK
@Sgt GrizZ So the 3 square ones go in front of the drops that block Itchy & Scratchy.

The circular one looks like a covering for this portion of the playfield but I have no idea why, seems out of place. But clearly it's the back of this ladies hair and the base of the Jebediah Springfield statue.

Reactions: Sgt GrizZ

Sgt GrizZ

Staff member
Jul 21, 2011
40 clicks North of Saigon (or Brighton beach )
@Sgt GrizZ So the 3 square ones go in front of the drops that block Itchy & Scratchy.

The circular one looks like a covering for this portion of the playfield but I have no idea why, seems out of place. But clearly it's the back of this ladies hair and the base of the Jebediah Springfield statue.

View attachment 85656
Cool. Well spotted. Yes that's a weird place

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Sgt GrizZ

Staff member
Jul 21, 2011
40 clicks North of Saigon (or Brighton beach )

View attachment 85656
Oh.... did some TSPP have option of a center post?? This would cover the unused hole maybe. Not sure positioning is right - just a wild guess

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk