What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "What is this part/Where is this from" Thread..

That T-piece seems to be for Williams' version of the 'Zipper Flipper', only used on four games in the late 60's. Well, three really, since two of them ('Doozie' and 'Daffie') were Replay and Add-A-Ball variants of the same basic layout. The Williams unit was smaller than the Bally original, see below;

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_704_image_13.jpg

picture from Ipdb. The unit is shown in the closed position.

Apart from worries about copyright infringement, I suppose Williams used this arrangement due to their lack of a modular flipper unit (with all components mounted on a baseplate, and this in turn attached to the playfield). Bally had introduced such a unit in 1965, and their zipper unit appeared the following year.

Last edited:
Wow, very good, a pretty obscure part, typical that I have a bag full of them!

Advertise it as a 'Group Buy' on here :p Maybe it'll go like fishpaper, and even people who don't have those machines will end up buying them, "just in case they happen to own one in the future!"

Found these in my VECTOR - what machine(s) please?

WP_20151022_09_47_25_Pro.jpg

Hi, astyy,

The larger, black one is from an old-time Stern game, that's their numbering format. Game #113, probably 'Galaxy'.

The orange one I'd hazard a guess is from something with a 'punk' theme. Maybe Gottlieb's game by that name?

Thanks for the clue @Jay Walker the part I thought was a sling shot I've found here on a METEOR and you're spot on with the PUNK

upload_2015-10-22_11-7-11.png

The 'Punk' l/h slingshot plastic seems to have been cut down from its original shape, to a more 'normal' one. I've never even seen the actual machine, just glimpsed it in an 80's French film.

I also found this Stern apron which looks like it could be from a METEOR too. It has an interesting PAA Tournament Play sticker. Were these generic as it looks similar to a GALAXY too? Shame I don't have the rest of the METEOR it looks a great theme.

WP_20151022_11_23_40_Pro__highres.jpg

Some of those those prices :thumbs: Mind you some are high for back then considering machines were bought basically blind ...Williams 'Fire' for 500+ :hmm: ??

They were cheap prices as not many people knew about the first auction, that was rectified at the second auction thanks to that report in pinball news. Most items went for ebay prices or higher even though they were buying blind. http://www.pinballnews.com/news/paradise2.html

I also found this Stern apron which looks like it could be from a METEOR too. It has an interesting PAA Tournament Play sticker. Were these generic as it looks similar to a GALAXY too? Shame I don't have the rest of the METEOR it looks a great theme.

View attachment 21690

Stern didn't usually stretch to custom artwork on the apron/cardholder, just different colour options; e.g. Seawitch has the same design in shades of blue. Even the widened item for the wide-body games used it.

Meteor was the first pinball that I saw with a direct licencing deal tied to a film. I thought the fillum turned out a bit lame, but the machine was popular. It's one of those early solid-state games that could've done with 7 digit scoring.

The 'Tournament Play' sticker, or a variant of it, also appeared on Stern's 'Nine Ball'.

Last edited:
Have 4 NOS drop targets that I thought was for Fireball 2. Looking at the IPDB and they're similar but not the same. Any ideas?20160104_114155.jpg

Slingshot plastics identification.
This pair of Ice Hockey players are fitted to a Williams Jolly Roger.
Can anyone name the machine they should be on?
Anyone selling Jolly Roger ones? The chap has some other plastics from this machine that may be a trade off.

Attachments

• 20160116_135712.jpg
    20160116_135712.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160116_135716.jpg
    20160116_135716.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 19
Crikey.
May have a spare Jet bumper cap.
Looking for a source for the flipper bats too.

Attachments

• 20160116_135642.jpg
    20160116_135642.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom