What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! The Walking Dead Pro

R

robertlucas1970

Just thought I would see if there is a Pro about before I order a new one ?
Also like with all my other pins I have offered it back to the seller at the same price a few months later, so would always come back your way.
Many Thanks

Try and get an LE if you possibly can, I've not played the pro but am reliably told the LE is much better game.

Premium is the same as LE, minus the cosmetic changes. Finding an LE for LE's sake when there are premiums that play exactly the same isn't worth the bother.

Both play great!

I find the Crossbow slows the LE/Prem down a bit, but the LE/Prem has a far better lightshow.

I could downgrade my LE for a Pro without too much loss of sleep. Particularly if that downgrade included a Metallica Pro! I only bought the an LE because it was the only 2nd-hand Premium version i could find within my price bracket.

Last edited:
Thanks but just want the pro as don't think the extra bits are worth the 3k extra when so many people say very little difference.

The Premium/LE has a fantastic light show as Paul stated above. Let's look at the physical differences.

Left Ramp. The Pro's ramp is butter smooth, really satisfying.
The Premium ramp is clunky because of the cat flap and how steep it is.

Bicycle Girl. Does the game really need a third bash toy ? I prefer the loopability of the Pro and the choice to make the final shot an X multiplier shot.

Spinner. All games should have a spinner.

Well Walker magnet. Pointless addition, adds nothing.

Drop target. Waste of time.

Crossbow. Utterly destroys the manic nature of the game.

Walker Bombs. Extra Ball button. Just makes the game easier.

There is a lot on the Pro and I can't help but think that they just shoe horned stuff into the Premium to try and justify the extra cost.

The Premium/LE has a fantastic light show as Paul stated above. Let's look at the physical differences.

Bicycle Girl. Does the game really need a third bash toy ? I prefer the loopability of the Pro and the choice to make the final shot an X multiplier shot.

There is a lot on the Pro and I can't help but think that they just shoe horned stuff into the Premium to try and justify the extra cost.
I thought they start with a premium and then rip it to bits to make an affordable pro? Seems to be the other way round with this one.

All good points. I (and others) had intermittent issues with the crossbow not deploying properly. A light mod for Bicycle Girl on the Premium is essential if you want to see her. The lighting on the Premium was a big decision in me choosing it over a Pro, but for 2K less I would be happy with a Pro.

Agree on all counts.

I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere, but to save my fingers... what does locking the food, weapons & first aid do on the Pro again.. if it doesn't light the Prem/LE's button to press? A button, i'll add, that gets me out the **** on many occasions.

Agree on all counts.

I'm sure it's on the internet somewhere, but to save my fingers... what does locking the food, weapons & first aid do on the Pro again.. if it doesn't light the Prem/LE's button to press? A button, i'll add, that gets me out the **** on many occasions.
It has something to do with the multiballs I think. I could be wrong though.

I thought they start with a premium and then rip it to bits to make an affordable pro? Seems to be the other way round with this one.
I get the impression that it depends on the designer. Look at Transformers. Seems to me like they just threw two crappy mini playfields on the top of the ramps.

Now Game Of Thrones has a proper mini playfield on the Premium/LE models although, again, many don't like it and prefer the Pro.

It's about time they ditched the whole Pro/Premium/LE model. By all means release collectors editions with unique artwork (for daft money) but FFS just design one game.

The same chap who replicated the light show on Metallica is hopefully going to release the same for TWD at some point.

Besides the light show and spinners I think the pro is the better buy.

The kits cost roughly £250.

The same chap who replicated the light show on Metallica is hopefully going to release the same for TWD at some point.

This looks insane. So does this not happen in the pro but it does in the premium?

Any links for where to purchase it ?

This looks insane. So does this not happen in the pro but it does in the premium?

Correct, Hoarde mode start on the premium is awesome!

Any links for where to purchase it ?

Not available yet, he's working on a new fiber optic ramp kit for Tron and X-Men at the moment. Hopefully he'll get onto it after that. He started the same for Spider-Man too.

Phil is out of stock of the pro, any thoughts on Home Leisure as they have one left ? But if they have a bad rep and not very good after service I will wait............
Many Thanks

Phil was out of stock when I wanted one too, and at that point he couldn't get one from America either or I'd have probably waited.

Instead I used Liberty Games in Epsom. The order took four weeks to delivery, which is exactly what they stated when I ordered it.

It's difficult to recommend them on just one purchase - nothing's gone wrong with my TWD Pro so I never tested their guarantee or their after sales service. They could be useless in that department for all I know.

They do, however, seem a decent bunch. I gave them a write-up here:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/liberty-games-in-epsom.32851/

Last edited:
Phil was out of stock when I wanted one too, and at that point he couldn't get one from America either or I'd have probably waited.

Instead I used Liberty Games in Epsom. The order took four weeks to delivery, which is exactly what they stated when I ordered it.

It's difficult to recommend them on just one purchase - nothing's gone wrong with my TWD Pro so I never tested their guarantee or their after sales service. They could be useless in that department for all I know.

They do, however, seem a decent bunch. I gave them a write-up here:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/liberty-games-in-epsom.32851/

Thanks for the info, if they take 4 weeks I can only think they dont hold stock and yours was ordered in from Stern, they sent me an email saying they have one left, I will ask how long delivery is.

Thanks for the info, if they take 4 weeks I can only think they dont hold stock and yours was ordered in from Stern.

Well, I was a bit confused by the four week delivery too, but at that point Phil was saying he couldn't get one from the US so presumably nor could Liberty Games.

Incidentally, I think there were a few complaints on here about Home Leisure. Not from me, I have never used them, but it might be worth doing a forum search before going there.

Last edited:
Phil is out of stock of the pro, any thoughts on Home Leisure as they have one left ? But if they have a bad rep and not very good after service I will wait............
Many Thanks
Have you asked Phil if he can get one ? Given the choice I would definitely buy NIB from Phil if at all possible.

Stern are just impossible to deal with of late, I dont want to order anything off them because whatever timescale they quote me, it won't be accurate..... so thats why I dont want to get involved in trying to get a pro....

Back
Top Bottom