What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

When I was a kid my Asian and Afro Caribbean friends had those along with the clear carpet runner protector, guess if you spilled some curry they were ruined😂

Did yours have the tail that goes into the shooter lane?

My one did and it caused nothing but grief.

It also kept leaving 'sweat' patches on the playfield which looked awful.

I've got one on DINER, no sweat patches... Surely that would be a sign of the clear still trying to cure but not getting air?

I think diner plays great with the protector on. It has its issues though.

Can’t remember but it played perfect, came fitted already by @RudeDogg1as he did a nice restoration on it.
No sweat patches that I have noticed on the ones I fitted here.

They have their place, but I’m fitting a new playfield on FT as CPR have just made some after a 10 year wait. Only because I will never sell that one.

I did see some footage of a Firepower recently that had one fitted and you could see it laying flat where the ball was rolling across it, looked terrible.

Will probably also get one for a Future Spa I just picked up that’s probably got cupped inserts, only a hardtop available for that but I did send a pic to Kevin at CPR who thought it was “ A fine specimen“ as he is looking for a good one to copy as he said most over there are trashed.

So as you can see I don’t mind them, rather have a nice playfield without but not life changing in a negative way with them for me as long as they fit properly and lay flat. Sometimes they might need a bit of cutting to fit properly. Expensive for what they are though.
Honestly they are a rip off..

Its likes what about £20 worth of PETG that they sell for £150?!

Yes I know they had to cut it to the dimensions of the playfield but honestly for what they are it's a bit of a joke.

I'd rather pay for a proper clear that will out last any cheap filmsy plastic.

I've got one on DINER, no sweat patches... Surely that would be a sign of the clear still trying to cure but not getting air?

I think diner plays great with the protector on. It has its issues though.
it had about 4-5 months to cure so I doubt it.

Can't help but feel they've gone a bit overboard with the packaging here.

PXL_20220712_092428859.jpg

Still, fits like a glove. I'm actually surprised how good these are. Bit of a must have I'd say. Put the silver adhesive pad thing ever so slightly in the wrong place and you can see it from above. Doing nothing for my OCD. Anyone know where I could get another? Or a different way to stick it down perhaps?

PXL_20220713_092023815.jpg

Thought I’d buck the trend and get something that isn’t Godzilla.

D9CB2E54-237F-4D8D-9038-DD7A8E802ABB.jpeg

A3893112-E472-4964-A5B8-D0F9C12D02CA.jpeg

Probably would have ordered GZ Prem instead, but I have a trade in the works with my JPLE for a NIB GZ Prem down the line. Always fancied a DP Prem and after a few too many beers one night took the plunge. Only had one quick game but no regrets, drunk me clearly makes good decisions.

I gots one of them too for the club. unboxed it last night at home and noticed it has a new style of coin door that will let you use the stern headphone accessory!

Attachments

• 405FEF70-DEBD-4BB7-BC44-05E786230675.jpeg
    405FEF70-DEBD-4BB7-BC44-05E786230675.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 46

View attachment 175683

View attachment 175682

Probably would have ordered GZ Prem instead, but I have a trade in the works with my JPLE for a NIB GZ Prem down the line. Always fancied a DP Prem and after a few too many beers one night took the plunge. Only had one quick game but no regrets, drunk me clearly makes good decisions.

Mate, nor should you regret it. She's a beauty 😍

Yeah must admit, I do feel it at the mo.

Afm blew me away when I played it at electric circus but didn’t think in my wildest that I would own one so quickly.

Thought I’d have to wait for the “Great pinball price crash of 20??”

View attachment 175683

View attachment 175682

have you got a cassette tape in your goodie bag? Here it is with the LP I got with the LE.

D255012B-E41E-4F79-932A-D05D43CEB6C9.jpeg

Collected this yesterday. Got it for free but made a charity donation of €100 for it.

Surprised with the build quality really. It's all plywood and not half as bad as I thought it would be.

Has an error code on it but I'm thinking I'll turn this into a virtual pin.

Anyone else have experience with these?

PXL_20220718_165514636.jpg

Collected this yesterday. Got it for free but made a charity donation of €100 for it.

Surprised with the build quality really. It's all plywood and not half as bad as I thought it would be.

Has an error code on it but I'm thinking I'll turn this into a virtual pin.

Anyone else have experience with these?

View attachment 176037
TNT is a dream theme of mine.

Back
Top Bottom