What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Looks gorgeous, what's the underside of the bowling lane look like, always been intrigued how that operates

You really are missing your day job aren't you? :rofl:

Lesser spotted Martin popped by today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful, Scared Stiff is on my list, they don't seem to come up on here at all!

You really are missing your day job aren't you? :rofl:

Beautiful, Scared Stiff is on my list, they don't seem to come up on here at all!
Oddly I do miss it... Give it a week after I get back and I'll be complaining like f**k again about it though 😂

Just received my replacement TZ Invader topper, the first one was noisy so sent it back. I was going to keep it and put an inline switch for the motor feed which I mentioned but Pedretti wanted me to send it back and send me the mk2 version with improved motor and a nice surprise an on/off switch for the motor on the back of the topper.
Bit disappointed as the new one is noisy too but I’m just going to turn it off which will put less stress on the power board anyway.
Looks good without the antenna turning anyway.

Attachments

• B95D6E86-F7D6-4187-BA13-83D3812A7510.jpeg
    B95D6E86-F7D6-4187-BA13-83D3812A7510.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 44
  • 350893DD-8D24-4283-87D2-8D90FC49D25A.jpeg
    350893DD-8D24-4283-87D2-8D90FC49D25A.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 33
Is that one of those Arcade1up versions? If so is it any good and where did you get it from please.

Yes mate, @tyke posted a link on his 1up sale thread to the best seller on eBay in the states but whilst I was looking I found one up the road in Glasgow only a few months old.

Back panel decal, candles and skull pile LED’s. Enjoyed tinkering and installing these.

7e18419edf0d0dea5cbd12a9ae0bc2c1.jpg

For the last 3 days I have been trying to fit new magnetic cores to my twilight zone what a job it turned out to be
Initially i tried to unscrew the massive bolt on the back of the magnets whilst still attached to the playfield..big No No potential table destruction.
Searched the forum for a solution and a chap in 2014 actually wrote up the whole scenario perfect:)
i didnt have a vice so I basically drilled a 20mm hole in some solid timber and placed the magnetic mech into this and screwed it down tight ...the damned bolt was never gonna move it was rock solid so had to drip un-cure onto the threads of the core to try and remove the thread lock that been applied originally.
After 2 days of constant topping up the un-core I finally had the bolt off hallelujah.
I have now seated and fixed the new cores onto the table and played some pinball with a well deserved beer in hand :)

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 52
Yes mate, @tyke posted a link on his 1up sale thread to the best seller on eBay in the states but whilst I was looking I found one up the road in Glasgow only a few months old.

Ha ha so it was you who bought it I had it in my watch list for a few days trying to make up my mind as it was only 30mins away from me then decided bugger it I'll get it and it had been sold
If you don't mind me asking what did you end up paying for it as I think it had a crack in the protective plastic on the control panel but didn't look to bad.
Cheers Brian

Ha ha so it was you who bought it I had it in my watch list for a few days trying to make up my mind as it was only 30mins away from me then decided bugger it I'll get it and it had been sold
Ahhh how funny, he was a nice chap who was ordering the sit down version. If I'm right you have actual game cabs which would make this look like a toy but it will sit nicely next to my sf2 one coming from Tyke. He bought it from the seller in the States Tyke also recommended who I think has 1 left for sale if you still want one. If the crack bothers me I can make a replacement but it doesn't at the mo and I payed £20 more than you had offered apparently! Not that I knew it was you at the time!

Ha ha very good glad it was only £20 more than me;) saw tyke was selling a bundle of three which was a good price for them,there's a fella on ukvac who is going to be a UK distributor for these so hopefully he will get a few star wars and some others.
What does your family think of it because I was going to get it to put in my sons room who is eleven hoping he would love it well that's what my excuse was to the wife.

Ha ha very good glad it was only £20 more than me;) saw tyke was selling a bundle of three which was a good price for them,there's a fella on ukvac who is going to be a UK distributor for these so hopefully he will get a few star wars and some others.
What does your family think of it because I was going to get it to put in my sons room who is eleven hoping he would love it well that's what my excuse was to the wife.
Haha same excuse here but actually my 2 girls, 4 and 6 both really do like it! The originals are mega expensive so this is a fun and cheaper option, personally I highly recommend it! I'll keep my eye out on ukvac as I may well add to the collection over time....

There was one of these for £250 BiN on eBay about 3 years ago (it was real), doubt there’s more than a handful in the country. One of the few DMD games I haven’t played
You should of bought it for £250 😂 Apart from targets breaking all over the place it's a fantastic machine

😂 @J.C.Rox and @Pharo
I too was watching that Star wars and thought if it went cheap enough I may nip across and get it (I'm over in Fife). Wasn't really surprised to see it was in high demand but thought since it was in Scotland it may go cheaper.

Watch when you get the SF2 one. The control panel on the first batch comes off like chalk.

That guy on ukvac will probably make a few sales. I quite fancy the golden tee and a few of the new ones coming out.

"cuts through the nose juice"

They should use that quote on the bottle
Yeah loads around the house, dogs like to put there noses against the windows and warn people off so always needs doing and this cuts through it easier than other stuff I’ve tried👍

Best thread ever. Just sitting here reading all this with a glass of wine delivered by Amazon Fresh ,Very entertaining ....:rofl:

The box said JP...

001.png

...but inside was the GB I bought off @Beowulfz07

002.png

To say I am ecstatic is a bit of an understatement. Just waiting for it to get a bit darker so I can get the full benefit.

003.png

Reckon if I shift them both left a foot or two and get rid of that light in the corner I can squeeze in a third machine...

Must add a final thanks to @philpalmer who helped accommodate getting this across the Irish sea.

The box said JP...

View attachment 109157

...but inside was the GB I bought off @Beowulfz07

View attachment 109158

To say I am ecstatic is a bit of an understatement. Just waiting for it to get a bit darker so I can get the full benefit.

View attachment 109159

Reckon if I shift them both left a foot or two and get rid of that light in the corner I can squeeze in a third machine...

Must add a final thanks to @philpalmer who helped accommodate getting this across the Irish sea.

Congrats mate! Must have felt like opening a NIB with it coming like that. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom