What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

I got my shooter rod last week, what a ****ing con - its **** poor.
How many negative forum points do I get for disparagingly comparing something to the shooter rod? 🤣

[I mean, honestly, if you can’t find something nice to say…]

Last edited:
@Neil McRae is right on these, for $179, it doesn’t light up, the paint work is OK, but not to the standard of previous shooter rods.
Okay. I‘m due to pick one up from you, and I didn’t think it was a very nice thing to say to someone who’s just posted about receiving something new (or if anyone else is waiting for one) - that’s all.

I think it’s OK, and you are welcome to take a look at it before you part with any cash.

But, as brutal as Neil can be 😉 he is right on these.
It should pulse or something.

Looking forward to the $$$ on the topper 😂
I‘ve had a look on the Pinside mods thread and, to be honest, although there are loads of gorgeous Godzilla mods, the only alternative shooter rod I’ve seen so far is a flying saucer, which I found pretty ugly.

The motha egg looks to have a good size and shape, and I quite like the idea. I could imagine sticking a chunky Godzilla onto the shooter rod, but I doubt it would be comfortable to make the skill shot. 998C1597-33A9-4DDE-8D57-6C0E0152ED8A.jpeg

Aaaannnnddddd…

@Dave Bishop spare shooter rod.

Maybe I have low standards, but I really like it.

It’s quite heavy and substantial, but not so big that I’ll worry about my toddler knocking himself out on it.

26C129DB-E8D8-426E-964C-F30F1889DF95.jpeg

Most pinball mods I’ve purchased seem overpriced - with the exception of Col’s lovely plastic protectors and laser-cut designs. I guess it’s, in part, due to low-production runs.

Most pinball mods I’ve purchased seem overpriced - with the exception of Col’s lovely plastic protectors and laser-cut designs. I guess it’s, in part, due to low-production runs.

Stern cashing in on high cost, low production. Oh well suppose it's Easter its fits the season at least. :D

Well, I would say that it was just Stern's attitude of "you've paid a tonne for a pin already, so you won't notice us fleecing you for a few hundred extra quid" [sic 🤮], but non-Stern mods are often pretty expensive, as well, for what you get.

So, not just Stern...

The only cheap stuff is odd spare parts for old B/W, from what I can see. And rubbers...

Screenshot_20220413-134302_Shop.jpg

Received an LVDS to HDMI board from Geekworm (Thanks @Neil McRae for the pointer).

Nothing so unusual in that, except for the route it took.

According to the tracking its route was:

ShaTian - China
Lancashire - UK
Conneticut - USA
Heathrow - UK
Washington - USA
Wolverhampton - UK
Manchester - UK
Walsall - UK

A distance of roughly 19,737 miles!

All for $3.99 postage

Last edited:
View attachment 166875

Received an LVDS to HDMI board from Geekworm (Thanks @Neil McRae for the pointer).

According to the tracking its' route was:

ShaTian - China
Lancashire - UK
Conneticut - USA
Heathrow - UK
Washington - USA
Wolverhampton - UK
Manchester - UK
Walsall - UK

All for $3.99 postage

Sounds about right.

My ramps from the netherlands are currently in this place..

postboxcouriersonos23.jpg

View attachment 166875

According to the tracking its route was:

ShaTian - China
Lancashire - UK
Conneticut - USA
Heathrow - UK
Washington - USA
Wolverhampton - UK
Manchester - UK
Walsall - UK

A distance of roughly 19,737 miles!

All for $3.99 postage

Did you get it working? I can show you it plugged in on Friday at some quiet time :D

Did you get it working? I can show you it plugged in on Friday at some quiet time :D
Cheers, only got the HDMI cable yesterday (thought I had one, but turns out it was a USB extender cable), will take a look at yours over the weekend to check I know what I'm doing?

Massive thanks once again to @Colywobbles received lots of plastic goodies for Alien and Gb just fitted all the Alien plastics in green along with green and purple rubbers, its hard to get a decent pic, but looks great in the flesh! Think its fully complete now

Attachments

• 20220422_214454.jpg
    20220422_214454.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220422_214500.jpg
    20220422_214500.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220422_214451.jpg
    20220422_214451.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20220422-WA0016.jpeg
    IMG-20220422-WA0016.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20220422-WA0024.jpeg
    IMG-20220422-WA0024.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 32
After very casually looking for a Firepower for around 3 years I got one last week.

When I went to see the machine it was obvious that it had a few small electronic issues. The top right eject hole was firing multiple times on boot and there was some funky stuff happening in game with sounds and ghost scoring. Some computer controlled lights were out on the back box and it wasn't saving settings.

This is my first System 6 game so it took me a little time to get used to the menu system but I've had it home for a little over a week now and all of these issues have been ironed out.

‘Not saving settings' was as suspected just a dead CR2430 battery on the Rottendog MPU. The top right eject that was firing at boot and the other funky goings on was just down to a coin switch that was stuck closed and the cpu controlled lights in the back box not working was just a wire that had become disconnected so it was soldered back in place.

The machine has LED's in the GI above the playfield and incandescent under inserts and in the back box. I will make sure to swap out the incandescent bulbs in the back box for LED's (That is a given to protect that artwork)

I haven't yet decided whether to go LED on the inserts or not. I do like having brighter inserts but feel you do loose that nice swooping motion you get in attract mode that you get with incandescent.

Overall a nice honest Firepower. Chuffed.

F7F0606E-0C4A-479A-92B8-5FC32EC69140.jpeg

449E9BB4-C0CF-46F5-948A-12FE19C5CAC7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom