What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Also got these - one to replace the one of iron maiden that some tosser vandalised and the other to deal with a chip in the bar that I think was there from arrival. Oh the the wife bought me the big stream deck for my birthday!
23E66393-DF76-4C70-97A9-6B9C21B4992A.jpeg

Ghostbusters talk on the previous page so this is as good a place as any to ask I guess. Is GB a Spike 1 game? Are none of it's boards compatible with Spike 2's? Are parts likely to become hard to acquire for it?

The major difference between spike 1 & 2 is the MPU board. That may become hard to get spares for.

The node boards are also different and one went on my game of thrones and I got very lucky in that electrocoin had one spare. Nobody else on the planet had one.

WWE and got have early 4 driver node boards ghostbusters is later type 8 driver node boards like spike 2 not sure about kiss

So it's just the CPU board in the back box which may become tricky to find? All the Nodes under the playfield are interchangeable with modern Stern's?

So it's just the CPU board in the back box which may become tricky to find? All the Nodes under the playfield are interchangeable with modern Stern's?

I don't think you'll have trouble getting the CPU. just make sure the node board is supported in software.

Funilly enough i was looking for a Spike 1 CPU last night - Unless you want to pay over $600 + Import VAT etc then they are nowhere to be found :( :(

KMS had them I bought one as a spare but they had two more that they must have sold on. Drop chris at electrocoin an email.

Neil.

Looks awesome. Wanted to powder-coat spiderman but how do you remove the side-rails?
Side rails are easy on the spike era sterns, just 2 screws and 2 bolts per rail. I'm not sure about Sam machines like Spiderman although they're probably the same. I've heard some machines, probably older ones, have double sided tape under the rail but not sure which.

I can’t honestly remember either way but I don’t remember it being anything but straightforward so probably not
There definitely wasn’t on Metallica, and that’s the same era, the screws closed to the lockdown bar needed a bit of persuasion -ie: a few hammer taps, just be careful you don’t split the wood, otherwise it’s all very straight forward.
Taped side rails were 90’s Bally/Williams I think.

Back
Top Bottom