What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Little mini product review on those felt polishing wheels I got from China. They're very good! Same diameter but much thicker than the last lot I got off eBay from a UK seller. But more importantly they're denser, so they're tougher, do the job quicker and last longer. Only negative so far, and this is just a case of getting used to them, but I did rip them off the mandrel by pressing too hard. Solution was to switch from the screw-on mandrel to one with a fixing nut that holds the wheels on tight.

image.jpg

Is that mandrel with the fixing nut a standard dremel part? I don't think I got one of those in my starter pack and as i've just ordered 100 of those pads from China I should probably pick up the suitable mandrel too.

Hoping to start doing some polishing soon so i'll be looking for tips from 'The Master'. ;-)

I got a pinsound in the post today.
Its for my roadshow that's out of action :( so I'm a little bummed.
Also have you seen Rick from PPS is threatening the guy that's doing the re orchestrations? The whitewater one might never get into the wild. What a jerk.

Is that why all the audio has been pulled from the pinsounds website too? I used to love going on there and randomly playing the ringmaster audio clips from CV.

I'd love someone to redo the audio for R&B and stick it out there for a Pinsound, but I just don't know if it would ever happen. For one thing most of the original voice actors who were involved have died now so they'd need to find some really good people to get it sounding just right.

Must be. The guy going it got some of the original voice actors and all. He did the Indiana Jones one too and that's also "gone" too . He redid all the music from scratch.

I had similar issues with PPS when I showed a demo of a dmd colouring alternative - I got a friendly warning!

Is that mandrel with the fixing nut a standard dremel part? I don't think I got one of those in my starter pack and as i've just ordered 100 of those pads from China I should probably pick up the suitable mandrel too.

Hoping to start doing some polishing soon so i'll be looking for tips from 'The Master'. ;-)
The mandrel in question is one of the ones used to hold the little sanding cylinders. Undo the screw and slip off both the sanding cylinder and rubber tube. Then pop on a little nut or couple of crinkly washers to pad the space and grip the felt wheel. Stuff on the wheel and tighten back up again. I'll post a picture later.

I had similar issues with PPS when I showed a demo of a dmd colouring alternative - I got a friendly warning!

Could this dmd colouring alternative not be accidentally released online?

The mandrel in question is one of the ones used to hold the little sanding cylinders. Undo the screw and slip off both the sanding cylinder and rubber tube. Then pop on a little nut or couple of crinkly washers to pad the space and grip the felt wheel. Stuff on the wheel and tighten back up again. I'll post a picture later.
Aaaah, got you Peter. Picture would still be appreciated. Hoping to get some more progress done on this over the weekend.

I think @Nedreud is referring to the mandrel used for this part - this came with my Dremel 3000 kit.

Nedrued what is the width of the Chinese felt wheels?

images.dremeleurope.com_gb_en_ocs_image_ocsjpg_405_248_sandingband_mandrel13mmgrit60_2264.jpg

I think @Nedreud is referring to the mandrel used for this part - this came with my Dremel 3000 kit.

Nedrued what is the width of the Chinese felt wheels?

images.dremeleurope.com_gb_en_ocs_image_ocsjpg_405_248_sandingband_mandrel13mmgrit60_2264.jpg
Yep, exactly that @astyy. Take the fixing screw out of the end, pull off the sanding cylinder and rubber tube, then pop on one or two M3/M4 washers to fill up the space a bit. Stuff on the felt wheel (may need to enlarge the hole a little - use a nail or small screwdriver), pop on another washer and then refit the screw.

But whilst rummaging through my Dremel bits I found another type-401 mandrel that had a slightly thicker and slightly longer screw thread. I put on a single M4 washer before screwing on the felt wheel to give a bit more grip in the middle and it's worked perfectly now through the life of 2 wheels.

1-401[1].jpg

What a surprise! I got a cheque in the post for £37.68 from HM Paymaster General! It's a refund on overpaid tax from when I was made redundant in 2003!

So along with another £10 eBay sale this morning it seems I have enough funds to finally order myself a Lyman Pro 1200 Tumbler :D

What is it?

Attachments

• 20150411_154021.jpg
    20150411_154021.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 30
Spent a while back just collected it today in the trusty kia Rio..

Any more guesses?

Sorry not Tron. Clue: It's a pin or is it..

True. Just stand it up in the corner. Think I need sell some arcade cabs..

Got this today, didn't get away wit0thout paying the duty but wasn't to bad for a change.

P_20150411_190218.jpg

Iron Man was lacking in one area,

P_20150411_190304.jpg

So checked these out and they are the best quality I have ever seen, all metal surround and heavy so are not going anywhere and will take a beating if needed with no damage.

P_20150411_193950_001.jpg
P_20150411_193906_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom