What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Remember a lot of things influence this, ambient temperature, how long you play, play style and your vantage point. A few folks playing at home vs my experience at a lot of comps both playing and as TD.

I agree with Chris that BW stuff copes the best but on long games I can tell you on my Theatre of Magic and ST-TNG suffer from flipper fade after playing for a few hours and At NYCPC the AFM that was there absolutely suffered from it, in the morning you could make the lock shot no problem, afternoon after the game had been hammered for hours it was reject central. WPC is not as bad as Stern for sure but its there.

All the JJP games suffer from it, DI suffers from it but the game's design means its much less noticeable, GN'R is hugely impacted.

LOTR suffers from it. I can't remember about WPT, but LOTR and Simpsons do suffer from fade on long games in my experience.

If you are making shots and scoring points and not noticing anything strange then keep playing if you aren't then get the fans it will help. A really easy way to not need them is play alternate games and allow them to cool.

Have you mounted these yet? Any photos?
No photos, but they're mounted.

Super easy install, with clear and precise instructions enclosed, wires all cable tied neatly with the provided ties.

Although they run the whole time the machine is powered on, they are super quiet and can only just be heard in an otherwise silent room.

No photos, but they're mounted.

Super easy install, with clear and precise instructions enclosed, wires all cable tied neatly with the provided ties.

Although they run the whole time the machine is powered on, they are super quiet and can only just be heard in an otherwise silent room.
Fitted on cabinet floor?

Have you noticed a significant difference? I've got a set coming from Stranger Things thanks to @Neil McRae and I'm considering getting a three fan set in the future for Rick and Morty if it turns out to be a keeper.
I haven't got any yet (in on Neil's order) but everything I've read suggest they work. All being well I'll pick up a Stranger Things in future so mine are in preparation for that, or any other Pin that needs them. Mr Monk says the original ones are all sold out so we will be getting the updated versions.

I've got them in my STh and they make a massive difference. If nothing else is on you can quietly hear them same fans as the stern PSU replacements.

Busy day today for a change, even had a blowout at a ton. Funnily enough just realised the exhaust fell off collecting a TAF at exactly the same spot but on the other side of the M4 a couple of years ago!!!
Nice Spare partly populated DI CE playfield and a decent Operation Thunder with 4 or 5 coils not working that needs a good shop. Eject eject eject.
Can stay in the van tonight☺️
A53BA2C9-2DF2-4E8B-BE93-F013158F6D88.jpeg

Busy day today for a change, even had a blowout at a ton. Funnily enough just realised the exhaust fell off collecting a TAF at exactly the same spot but on the other side of the M4 a couple of years ago!!!
Nice Spare partly populated DI CE playfield and a decent Operation Thunder with 4 or 5 coils not working that needs a good shop. Eject eject eject.
Can stay in the van tonight☺️
View attachment 134636
What happened to the rest of the DI pin? 🤔. Not exactly an old machine

Yep, I got it from the same person I got my DI CE pin from. There was more on it but bits have been used elsewhere.
And it weighs a ton, I was shocked when I lifted it!
Sound.
Now possibly a dumb question.
You going to construct a new DI ?
Some project if you are 👍

Sound.
Now possibly a dumb question.
You going to construct a new DI ?
Some project if you are 👍
No chance, way beyond me. I was going to mount it on the wall and take bits when needed but I’m not so sure now unless I strip the playfield.
Looks great with the bits on, will think about it for a while.

Broke my maintenance cherry yesterday - an edge of one of the slingshot plastics snapped on my Doctor Who. Replacement arrived, so finally acquainted myself with how you take the glass off machines (I know, I know).

Bound to be a slippery slope, I realise. Next to attend to is an issue where there’s an alarmingly loud pop when you earn an extra ball (sounds like it’s around the “Continued” light at the bottom of the playfield) ... plus I’ve got a Dalek-motorising kit to install at some point.

Attachments

• 0D02AE82-CEEB-4429-BAA1-A0EA388E06D3.jpeg
    0D02AE82-CEEB-4429-BAA1-A0EA388E06D3.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 14
Next to attend to is an issue where there’s an alarmingly loud pop when you earn an extra ball (sounds like it’s around the “Continued” light at the bottom of the playfield)
🤣🤣 mate I love the innocence of complete beginner. I remember thinking the same. The loud pop is designed to alert you in a busy noisy arcade that you have earned an extra ball/credit etc....
No need to be alarmed

Broke my maintenance cherry yesterday - an edge of one of the slingshot plastics snapped on my Doctor Who. Replacement arrived, so finally acquainted myself with how you take the glass off machines (I know, I know).

Bound to be a slippery slope, I realise. Next to attend to is an issue where there’s an alarmingly loud pop when you earn an extra ball (sounds like it’s around the “Continued” light at the bottom of the playfield) ... plus I’ve got a Dalek-motorising kit to install at some point.
Well done mate, glad it got to you quick. Pete

Pinball Life order from 4 days ago! I’ll be using them again.
GOTG rails & side blades
JP Shaker Motor and a few other bits.

81aa909082606d6e0cfee1f89b977fc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom