What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Sick of struggling up my steps,i got this ,tried it out on the wheelie bin and its just brilliant .If you have got steps no more hastle and easy on your own.

How are you finding munsters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Received my new Bally MPU and LED boards today.

The MPU boards cost roughly £28 each and the LED boards cost roughly £9 each.

For anyone looking to restore old Bally, Gottlieb or Stern pins I’d definitely recommend building the PCB boards yourself, the savings are incredible!!

Alltek MPU = £187
5 x Rottendog 7 digit LED = £187
5 x Rottendog 6 digit LED = £187

Total = £561

VS

LISY MPU = £28
5 x LISY 7 digit LED = £45
5 x LISY 6 digit LED = £45

Total = £118

Attachments

• 8836BD81-82EB-4E10-9338-34F739EC36EA.jpeg
    8836BD81-82EB-4E10-9338-34F739EC36EA.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 31
Wow is there a link to the website? What else is available? And is there an idiots guide?

20210306_125717.jpg
Perfect timing, as I'd promised myself I wasn't playing AIQ again until they arrived.

(As a bonus no additional duty or vat charges)

Last edited:
Are manufacturers doing anything about this, I'd be classifying this as a defect, seems s*&t that a 2020 title needs this IMO or am I missing something?

Bally Williams games won’t as they have 2 coil windings not one like stern it’s the flipper holding that causes the heat I lend my friend games all the time and he is an awesome player he has never mentioned this once Gotg finished first game st le completed in about 10 games long ball times and games
I think your average player would see no or little difference fitting the fans

Bally Williams games won’t as they have 2 coil windings not one like stern it’s the flipper holding that causes the heat I lend my friend games all the time and he is an awesome player he has never mentioned this once Gotg finished first game st le completed in about 10 games long ball times and games
Not quite true Chris.
I'm a pretty poor player, but even then if you play for hours at a time you will notice fade.
I suffered badly on long games on Hobbit and it appears that GnR will be the same.
I think any game that is multi ball heavy, such as the 2 above will suffer.
I guess if you play for half and hour at at time you won't notice, but Hobbit games could easily last for 45 minutes. You only need 2 or 3 of those and the coils are stinking hot.

AIQ is the only game I have had this problem on. It's certainly not all games, not even all Sterns. I didn't notice any significant deterioration on WPT after 30hrs constant play!

It's noticeable after less than 30mins playing on AIQ, probably due to the near constant mbs available.
It starts off by shots being in a slightly different place on the flippers, by the time you get to the stage where you can't make ramps there has been an issue for some time - most people just put it down to their accuracy deteriorating

Not quite true Chris.
I'm a pretty poor player, but even then if you play for hours at a time you will notice fade.
I suffered badly on long games on Hobbit and it appears that GnR will be the same.
I think any game that is multi ball heavy, such as the 2 above will suffer.
I guess if you play for half and hour at at time you won't notice, but Hobbit games could easily last for 45 minutes. You only need 2 or 3 of those and the coils are stinking hot.
Read Chris's post again and you will see he is talking about Bally/Williams games not JJP games.

I think he says you won't suffer with Bally/Williams games.
But then goes on to talk about Stern games and says average players won't notice a difference.
I was just saying below average players (me) do notice on JJP games.
Hope this clears it up for everyone. 😆

Back
Top Bottom