What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

All done, ...machine is completely mint, have to say after second game this is already my favourite, helps that I love the band 👍
Even got some free bee, pin butts, playfield cleaner and was surprised it had the Airball mod fitted.
Even had the lollipop armour fitted on NIB which I didn’t think you got and has traditional lockdown which is cool. The bar definitely feels heavier...
Service from Pinball Universe has been Outstanding. Pin turned up on pallet with Stern packaging then fully protected in additional packaging and wrapped to be almost bulletproof.
The guys over there checked the machine over, did upgrade etc..... then repackaged prior to shipping. All was seamless.
Slipped the delivery guy a tenner and brought it to my front door - job done.F9776372-6CE3-46B6-9207-45DEDA111992.jpeg8FADD048-3C64-42D9-806B-62A9B520E982.jpeg7312F41B-4955-4C78-8A84-2DC909CBB872.jpeg

It arrived at one of my pals a couple of weeks back, but brought this little beauty home today. AA3026A9-5527-4B19-8F51-74ADFA1EC3F2.jpeg

Powers up and boots up okay, sits in attract mode happily.

Plenty to do on it though, it’s still in old German 1 DM coins, guess it’s not done much for a while. So hopefully getting it working when time permits, then a clean up and tidy up.

Soooo excited.

Woo hoo!

Chris.

It arrived at one of my pals a couple of weeks back, but brought this little beauty home today. View attachment 89052

Plenty to do on it though, it’s still in old German 1 DM coins, guess it’s not done much for a while. So hopefully getting it working when time permits, then a clean up and tidy up.

Soooo excited.

Woo hoo!

Chris.
Such a great game.hate to ask such a crude topic, but how much cheaper was it from them?

Cheers
No worries mate, in total I saved 1k GBP - no other hidden charges.
I’ve got a 2 year parts warranty also.
No distribution rules are being broken as I explained to them I couldn’t source this particular PIN anywhere else in UK so they are therefore happy to sell to me 👍

No worries mate, in total I saved 1k GBP - no other hidden charges.
I’ve got a 2 year parts warranty also.
No distribution rules are being broken as I explained to them I couldn’t source this particular PIN anywhere else in UK so they are therefore happy to sell to me 👍
Not bad considering the shocking exchange rate. Looks like you could have snagged the last Premium as it’s not listed anymore, probably one of the very last NIB left now it’s out of production.

Not bad considering the shocking exchange rate. Looks like you could have snagged the last Premium as it’s not listed anymore, probably one of the very last NIB left now it’s out of production.
@mark9 yeah, it was the last Premium for sure but they have some NIB pros left and if your really feeling flush a NIB MoP @ 14K 👍

It arrived at one of my pals a couple of weeks back, but brought this little beauty home today. View attachment 89052

Soooo excited.

Woo hoo!

Chris.

Want Want Want (dibbs!) ;) :D

Thats a lovely machine!

@mark9 yeah, it was the last Premium for sure but they have some NIB pros left and if your really feeling flush a NIB MoP @ 14K 👍
Already owned a pro, sold it with the intention of upgrading to a premium sometime, LE would be great too but not sure how they justify that price tag.

Already owned a pro, sold it with the intention of upgrading to a premium sometime, LE would be great too but not sure how they justify that price tag.
Agreed, really not sure why they have priced this so high - if it was 11k EURO I would have pulled the Pin but not at current price.
I did ask them about the MOP and it is def NIB in unopened / unused state sat in their warehouse just up the road from their showroom.

Soooo excited.

Woo hoo!

Chris.
Great pin, we have one, very unique, good luck with whatever work you do on it

Great pin, we have one, very unique, good luck with whatever work you do on it

Many thanks, just started on it, it now boots and now the displays pretty much work, neither of which it did originally. Waiting on some components....

Do you know how many are about, i believe not so many?

I'll maybe start a tread on it as this thread isn't the right place.

OMG it looks so cool though :cool:

Many thanks, just started on it, it now boots and now the displays pretty much work, neither of which it did originally. Waiting on some components....

Do you know how many are about, i believe not so many?

I'll maybe start a tread on it as this thread isn't the right place.

OMG it looks so cool though :cool:
Don't know how many still in the UK, can't be many. We have 2, one working and one that needs some board work. Pinball owners show only 18

Today I made the shortest trip I've ever made to collect a pin, just 4 miles door to door! The machine has been in storage for 15 years! so needs a little TLC as can be expected but I'm pretty excited to own AFM

Should look pretty sweet next to my MM :D

View attachment 89657

For a pin that has been in storage for 15 years looks fairly clean/well looked after so not been in a barn then!! :)

For a pin that has been in storage for 15 years looks fairly clean/well looked after so not been in a barn then!! :)

He described the lockup as a warehouse so I suspect it's been stored in decent conditions and the cabs condition would also support that.

He took AFM home with him in hope that his son would be interested in playing before he sold it but I think he was more interested in playing Fornite :eek:

I've been cleaning up the legs this morning, a combination of the bathtub and a good rub down with some Autosol. I might do a restoration thread soon. The game has started resetting so I suspect the 5v needs a rebuild which is the first thing my attention will be on when I get started. There are some disconnected harnesses under the playfield so no doubt I'll find other issues but you have to expect these things given the circumstances. I'll slowly make a list of things that need attention and work through them in order of priority.

Last edited:
He described the lockup as a warehouse so I suspect it's been stored in decent conditions and the cabs condition would also support that. The guy closed the business about 15 years ago and has only just started sorting out what he has to sell. He says he has lot's of old cigerette machines, fruit machines, video game machines and a few other pinballs to go through!

He took AFM home with him in hope that his son would be interested in playing before he sold it but I think he was more interested in playing Fornite :eek:

I've been cleaning up the legs this morning, a combination of the bathtub and a good rub down with some Autosol. I might do a restoration thread soon. The game has started resetting so I suspect the 5v needs a rebuild which is the first thing my attention will be on when I get started. There are some disconnected harnesses under the playfield so no doubt I'll find other issues but you have to expect these things given the circumstances. I'll slowly make a list of things that need attention and work through them in order of priority.

Nice, me jealous! Did you get a bargain? I'm nosy lol. Yes do a thread

For the resets reseat all the plugs on the boards and the connector on the big transformer, had a few do that then never again after

Nice, me jealous! Did you get a bargain? I'm nosy lol. Yes do a thread

For the resets reseat all the plugs on the boards and the connector on the big transformer, had a few do that then never again after

It wasn't a bargain but it was on the cheap side for an AFM but you know how these things go it's not been used properly in years so I'm going to have to throw more cash at it. Before you know it you're back up to what a fully working example might have have cost. Unless I get very lucky of course. Hard to pass on something that is literally up the road.

I won't be buying new decals and a colordmd they can wait. If I still have the game in a few years I might treat myself, for now the idea is to just make it a clean and fully functional table to enjoy above all.

Last edited:
Looks like I got lucky with this one. I couldn’t help myself and had a fettle last night and also this morning. I reseated all the connectors and I’ve not had another reset (yet) Need to give it a good soak test to verify.

Someone had disconnected the mothership cables so I reconnected them expecting to blow a fuse but the mothership works perfectly (even the strobe light to my surprise) The game is also surprisingly clean.

So far I can’t find a single issue :D

B37D7F2C-2C6D-4D92-8926-DBACA87F98F6.jpeg

Looks like I got lucky with this one. I couldn’t help myself and had a fettle last night and also this morning. I reseated all the connectors and I’ve not had another reset (yet) Need to give it a good soak test to verify.

Someone had disconnected the mothership cables so I reconnected them expecting to blow a fuse but the mothership works perfectly (even the strobe light to my surprise) The game is also surprisingly clean.

So far I can’t find a single issue :D
Looks really nice mate, nice find!

Great find! Get some comet LEDs and it’ll look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fantastic buy Scott. After seeing how little it has taken to get this sorted, it would be tempting to whip out the credit card and go buy the rest he has in storage haha.

Fantastic buy Scott. After seeing how little it has taken to get this sorted, it would be tempting to whip out the credit card and go buy the rest he has in storage haha.

Now I’ve verified the working condition it seems it was a bit of a bargain after all so yeah, looking forward to hopefully checking out his other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom