What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Pinball Chinwag Podcast UK

Great chinwag guys, its addictive listening.

@Gonzo I had the same feeling as you about the upper left flipper in Godzilla. It seems to me (I have watched the whole stream) that the right ramp isn't makeable with that flipper. Which I think is a real shame, as I thought that was genius on AIQ. I hope I'm wrong and it can be done, but I don't think so. There is however another shot with that upper left flipper which is amazing. Keith cashed in a 40m+ Jackpot shot at one point in his big game after making a bunch of loops and then hitting the lower little loop around Mechagodzilla, it's a very late shot from that top flipper and looks amazing.

The other thing that I'm intrigued by that I've not seen anyone mention is the gap above that upper left flipper. Because of that gap and because it doesn't roll down the sidewall each time, it's going to be slightly different each time, I can see that being something tricky to master. Keith made it look easy, but I feel like its not going to be, certainly much harder than looping on Maiden for example. I think it's going to be something that lots of people talk about once machines are out there

Thanks mate.

I'm starting to have my doubts to be brutally honest. Clearly I didn't see anyone make the ramp from the upper flipper but I'm also slightly concerned how infrequently the left ramp was made. I have a suspicion that I may well play the game and wish that it was AIQ.

It's highly likely to be fantastic as are all of his games but it's a hell of a lot of money to risk.

Nice chinwag fellas, and good to put a face to the name @Juggler Spencer. Hocus pocus is a great feature I agree!

The three letter word is BOM - Bill of Materials :)

That's the one Davey, cheers mate.

In essence SR got tuppence to spend on Star Wars and KE spent 4 grand on Godzilla 😉.

I have a suspicion that I may well play the game and wish that it was AIQ.

I really, really hope that's not the case, but I'm a bit scared I'll feel the same way.

Whats the current damage on a NIB AIQ prem?

I really, really hope that's not the case, but I'm a bit scared I'll feel the same way.

Looks to be about the same now on PH, prices gone up across the board. I think I remember Phil saying that was going to be the case.

£9495 mate

I might be completely wrong and let's be honest . . . . . AIQ & JP2 have some very tight shots on them.

However AIQ is a bit forgiving. If you miss the ramp from the top flipper the ball is likely to loop around so you'll make a shot anyway.

Thanks mate.

I'm starting to have my doubts to be brutally honest. Clearly I didn't see anyone make the ramp from the upper flipper but I'm also slightly concerned how infrequently the left ramp was made. I have a suspicion that I may well play the game and wish that it was AIQ.

It's highly likely to be fantastic as are all of his games but it's a hell of a lot of money to risk.
Until we actually get a hands on review or see one in person it’s pure speculation. Fingers crossed 🤞 it’s the game we are expecting.

Thanks mate.

Yeah fair enough mate, the thought of shelling out that kind of cash on a game that I've never played is pretty scary and something I've never been in a position (had the guts) to do myself.

Saying that......and not hoping to add any more fuel to the hype, I think this is the most excited I have been about a new title. I literally can't wait to play one. I have no care for the theme, i'm indifferent to it, but its very clear that Keith really really cares about the theme (you can see the kick he is getting out of the quotes and callouts as he's playing) and wants it to be perfection in his eyes, which leaves me feeling very excited. It completely suits his dry sense of humour and I just think the combo of a theme that he loves and his passion and dedication to making something as good as it can possibly be within the constraints of the business, is enticing. Iron Maiden (Archer) was a game that he had literally been thinking up and then creating over a period of years. But it wasn't the theme that he wanted, the theme was just placed on top of the game and made to work. With everything that he has learned from his past three games, with (I think) a theme that he really wanted to do, I think it has the potential to be part of the canon of pinball history in the same way as Gorgar, Space Station, TAF, MM are etc. Oh god, i'm such a fanboy it's sickening!

Another great one, really enjoyed watching Gonzo & Spencer in a 3 way.
STAR TREK HAS 6 MODES! 😂

Great watch again. In regards to the Godzilla upper flipper reaching that ramp, not sure if this shot gets all the way up as it rattles a bit but I think it makes it. (1.20mins in video) Wont be too long before people are playing them and we find out for sure!

I'd guess that ramp shot will be makeable with the upper flipper if the ball is away from the flipper ( i.e. you can backhand more extreme angles when the ball isn't on the flipper ) but with the ball against the flipper I'm dubious. Saying that the feed from the magnet looks pretty variable so you never know.

I'd guess that ramp shot will be makeable with the upper flipper if the ball is away from the flipper ( i.e. you can backhand more extreme angles when the ball isn't on the flipper ) but with the ball against the flipper I'm dubious. Saying that the feed from the magnet looks pretty variable so you never know.

That's true. Almost like a volley type shot mate

Episode 16 and a massive thanks to @ronsplooter who was great to talk to and the 90min just flew by. The story of hanging off a trailer on the side of a Welsh mountain to transport a pinball machine is ridiculous 😂. Thanks mate.

All of the links to threads mentioned are in the chat are listed below

Loved that Chris and Kris. Some wonderful stories, I too miss the chase of the old days. Not heard from Eddie Mole for a few years but think he might still have a game or two.

Love Stargazer, such a great story and a new playfield included 😍 great stuff gents

Episode 15

Thanks to @Juggler Spencer and @windoesnot.

We discuss Cactus Canyon, take a closer look at the shots on Godzilla, discover Ian has had lunch with Lyman Sheats and plan how to poison the competition during a pinball tournament.

Also and more importantly we look ahead to the play expo in Blackpool

Back
Top Bottom