What's new

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played this machine while collecting my eBay Black Knight a couple of weeks ago. It was way out of level, but seemed to work ok. It has some broken plastics though (i grabbed some photos while I was there)
That’s so funny !
I saw your black knight and the banzai Run when was there collecting my RFM 😂😂
I believe he had a Diner and space invaders too

Wasn’t someone after one of these?
s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Banzai Run Pinball Machine
I was me looking for one had one in place but unfortunately I could not buy it at the time was gutted 😢

If anyone bought the Minizag playfield on ebay and fancies selling the plastics...let me know ;) thanks

Banzai is now up to 3500. I bought mine in Dec 2015 when one went on ebay and was bought off market for 1350. I know of another private sale at 1350 that year. I bought mine for similar money

Cpi at 5.5 per cent?? Petrol ? Electricity ? Gas ? Used cars ? Don't think so

Banzai is now up to 3500. I bought mine in Dec 2015 when one went on ebay and was bought off market for 1350. I know of another private sale at 1350 that year. I bought mine for similar money

Cpi at 5.5 per cent?? Petrol ? Electricity ? Gas ? Used cars ? Don't think so
Do I blame n00bies? No. We're all clearly earning 2.5 times as much as we were 5 years ago!
NOT!
I've moved my budget expectations upwards but it's still not even close to being enough. If parts shortage leads to more broken pins being listed for more reasonable money then I don't mind that.

Hmmm tempted by that BR... It's such a different game! But don't think I could fit it in my garage, and let's not even talk about moving the damn thing 😱

What do people reckon it will go for? Last couple on here sold for 2.3 and 2.8k...

Yeah I think you are spot on

Case in point that I was making a few months ago. Pricing pinball at the moment is incredibly hard. I think there are very few people in the UK that can speak with any authority when valuing machines. We all have a value that we think a game is worth to us, but a national value is something different. If we want a flow of games being sold on here and a healthy community, we have to understand this and know when to not speak, otherwise it just becomes a page of Wanted ads and machines being sold on eBay. The TSPP thread the other day was just awful, the seller was clearly a stand up guy selling a lovely machine, he named his price and so many people shot him down. Let's learn from these mistakes and make this a place where we feel happy to sale a game on again

Case in point that I was making a few months ago. Pricing pinball at the moment is incredibly hard. I think there are very few people in the UK that can speak with any authority when valuing machines. We all have a value that we think a game is worth to us, but a national value is something different. If we want a flow of games being sold on here and a healthy community, we have to understand this and know when to not speak, otherwise it just becomes a page of Wanted ads and machines being sold on eBay. The TSPP thread the other day was just awful, the seller was clearly a stand up guy selling a lovely machine, he named his price and so many people shot him down. Let's learn from these mistakes and make this a place where we feel happy to sale a game on again

well I didn’t shoot him down I just noted that the price for such a poor game was crazily high compared to what you can get for the same money. What about the buyer who buys it then gets left with a turd that he can’t sell? When I bought my first game via here a few folks told me I was paying top dollar for a poor game and I’m glad they did.

the only price of value is what you value it at. Simpson’s is a £3.5K game tops, if I wanted one that’s the most I’d pay for it.

Neil.

Simpson’s is a £3.5K game tops, if I wanted one that’s the most I’d pay for it.
The market price isn't exactly defined as "what Neil would pay" :p

I wouldn't pay 5k for a banzai but clearly there's more than one person who would.

2 years ago paying £12.5k for a NIB LE sounded mad; not so much nowadays.

The market price isn't exactly defined as "what Neil would pay" :p

I wouldn't pay 5k for a banzai but clearly there's more than one person who would.

2 years ago paying £12.5k for a NIB LE sounded mad; not so much nowadays.

This is true. Pinball is still a very small niche hobby. There weren’t dozens of people bidding on Banzai. All it ever takes is 2 very keen bidders and the sky is the limit.
As we have seen before though once a game sells for £xxxx that ,at least in the short term ,can become the perceived ‘value’
Banzai always gonna be a wild card mind due to its relative scarcity and unique design.

Pinball prices have always been something of an oddity.

With the possible exception of mega rarities like pinball circus, games tend to be priced according to how much fun they are. EMs come very cheap. Historically there were very few buyers for Bally SS - but more folk now appreciate their beauty.

Addams is common. We have all played it, many of us for 30 years. It lasts forever. Yet it remains one of the most expensive wpc titles.

Classic car prices are not like this, and the market is far more developed. Prime cars from the 1970s are very basic/ inefficient/ unreliable, yet really valuable. A lamborghini miura would get beaten for comfort, reliability, cornering, acceleration by a 10 year old m3. Other Italian exotica - the 1970s v6 ferrari dinos for for serious coin, yet are pretty average performance wise. Their rarity, sound, design philosophy and beauty drives the price (maybe Bally SS will do the same thing one day).

For banzai to go for 5 grand versus sub 2k for many system 11s actually has some logic to it. Banzai is slow, clunky, huge, heavy, impractical awful to work on..... but very special. It makes no sense that Banzais cost about the same as Whirlys/ Elviras a few years back.

There is nothing like it

This is true. Pinball is still a very small niche hobby. There weren’t dozens of people bidding on Banzai. All it ever takes is 2 very keen bidders and the sky is the limit.
From by my experience running multiple 100+ item board game auctions, this is true.

I sold a small cardboard box containing thin tokens and bad artwork for £80 because it was an out-of-print game by a popular designer that two people had played at a convention, and both really wanted to play with friends. I had got it free in a trade…

The winner agreed to play it with the loser at a different convention.

Absolutely Chicken Oriental. Like that Dredd at 2.4K I couldn't part with that cash for that. This feels more like a hobby of the really affluent, I know I'm getting priced out of the hobby.
Next thing people will be scratch building games!

For anyone intrested a rare classic stern seawitch in U.K. just went up for sale on pinball owners

Next thing people will be scratch building games!
I did a pretty comprehensive BOM for fathom to build my own. the cost , using second hand mechs, comes in at just under £6k. I even started buying some of the mechs.

Then I bought a fathom project £1,700. New backglass and stencil kit, plastics, drop targets, paints and materials and i’m currently at £2580 spend. Cpr fathom playfield is their most expensive now at $1200 plus postage (duty??). I’ll probably end up at around £4,500 when it’s finished. So cheaper than building one from scratch and 1/2 the price of a haggis remake (I may even put in rgb lighting to rival the haggis one a bit !!

For anyone intrested a rare classic stern seawitch in U.K. just went up for sale on pinball owners
It is a classic. I sold one years ago - think it went 1500 , which was strong money then, to a serious Stern collector in Scandinavia…. Maybe to go in a pin museum or something iirc

Here it is - jeez 8 years ago. That went scarily quick 😬
https://www.pinball info.com/community/threads/very-rare-stern-seawitch-1980.14121/

It's always the case that second hand goods after a while are cheaper than their parts.

That ten year old Ford Fiesta for £500 would cost a lot more to make, and if stripped down and melted might be worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom