What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a classic. I sold one years ago - think it went 1500 , which was strong money then, to a serious Stern collector in Scandinavia…. Maybe to go in a pin museum or something iirc

Here it is - jeez 8 years ago. That went scarily quick 😬
https://www.pinball info.com/community/threads/very-rare-stern-seawitch-1980.14121/
There may now be a cap on how high a Sea Witch can go.

After all, it is - basically - The Beatles, but with worse music and more b00bs.

I say this as someone who, having played The Beatles, has emailed the owner of the Sea Witch.

Reading your comment, I suspect it will be way above my budget - even for player's condition. Which is fine.

@Gonzo
I noticed you put your name in the hat for the MB. Did you manage to get it or hear anything from the seller?

No mate, more in hope than expectation. I'm sure someone else will have taken it but thanks to David for alerting me to the sale because I'm rarely on FB.

To be honest I'd move it on pretty quickly if I did get it (for the same price obviously) because there's a lot going on in Gonzo Towers at the moment.

I just feel I'd like to get some game time on MB and do a few videos on it because I've only played it twice.

Regret selling mble. Would like another at some point to go alongside mmle and ccle

Now that would be ridiculous! You'd be nuts to even try that!
Suspect some folks think its little more than "just bang a few drop targets, bumpers and ramps down. few lights. job done".
Clearly more to it than this.

Retheming on the other hand.. this appeals to me greatly. (Since I could make [say] a Motorhead pin, and do some more Arduinio stuff :) )

This black rose?
Probably sold outside eBay now.. was asking £2.5k so maybe that.
You never know. I've known people end auctions and agree on less than the starting price so that could mean less.
Also had people say, "I'll end it at x starting price, add an extra £500 and it's yours".

Common sense would say £2,000 (I wouldn't want to pay that for it) however in these crazy times it could be £3,000.

What can look like the hammer price can be either way. Highest bidder pulling out (shilling maybe) and offered to #2 or #3 bidder for less. Take a pinch of salt with any closing price.

Got a spare cab, and a couple of fully populated playfields, if you fancy doing a retheme and homebrew ??
Might take you up on that !
(Going to finish some of the stuff ive started first - and im somewhat low on space currently - the cab for CG is parked under my other pins and the head sitting atop my Robotron machine - which could also use some TLC)

I know these old jpms are going for silly money especially the more desirable ones like rollercoaster, but to think someone will pay 4K for one LOL dude is on drugs, plus selling it in a way to avoid all the fees. So many alarm bells!!!

Anyone fancy a Hook. £5k but it’s been professionally serviced! 🤔
… no.

Anyone fancy a Hook. £5k but it’s been professionally serviced! 🤔
As far as I can see there’s still one for £1800 on Facebook which wasn’t popular at that price. So… no, no thank you.

… no.

As far as I can see there’s still one for £1800 on Facebook which wasn’t popular at that price. So… no, no thank you.

I messaged about this a couple of months back as it was quite local to me. Was sent a few videos of it and it needed abit of work and powder coating due to rust.

I’m not keen on the film or game but offered £1500 as I thought I’d play it for a couple of months before moving it on, but £1700 was the lowest they would go, so that was a no for me.

I messaged about this a couple of months back as it was quite local to me. Was sent a few videos of it and it needed abit of work and powder coating due to rust.

I’m not keen on the film or game but offered £1500 as I thought I’d play it for a couple of months before moving it on, but £1700 was the lowest they would go, so that was a no for me.
I mean £1700 when a RoboCop is going for £3k? I found it enjoyable enough. Depends if you like a project. I love fixing up machines.

I mean £1700 when a RoboCop is going for £3k? I found it enjoyable enough. Depends if you like a project. I love fixing up machines.
Yeah I know £1700 was cheap and I did think about it but I just couldn’t do it, the theme just put me off.

Plus I need to finish my current project before I start anymore 😂 and the games I want to fix up are starting to mount up.

Yeah I know £1700 was cheap and I did think about it but I just couldn’t do it, the theme just put me off.

Plus I need to finish my current project before I start anymore 😂 and the games I want to fix up are starting to mount up.
Got a Shadow and CFTBL arriving mid next week, BOM is already escalating! I want to finish BSD but i'm still waiting on that playfield.

Got a Shadow and CFTBL arriving mid next week, BOM is already escalating! I want to finish BSD but i'm still waiting on that playfield.

Yeah you definitely did well finding those 2 at the same time. I’ve never played The Shadow but does look good. CFTBL is an great game and is also on my list to get.

Are you planning on going to town on either of these or just tidy them up?

When is your BSD playfield due to be returned?

Yeah you definitely did well finding those 2 at the same time. I’ve never played The Shadow but does look good. CFTBL is an great game and is also on my list to get.

Are you planning on going to town on either of these or just tidy them up?

When is your BSD playfield due to be returned?

So I've already spent £900 on Comet LEDs, Pinsound +, New Speakers, New targets, New flipper mechs. I've put my name down for the new run of snack bar mod. I'm eye'ing up the HolomodSP but my god is it expensive.

CFTBL will get most of the love here. Shadow will get its due though.

Playfield is hitting delays due to bad weather (too much moisture in the air) its slowing down the curing process. He doesn't do things by half and has a 6 - 8 week build time usually its more like 10 - 12 now with the delays. There's going to be a lot more competition at Pinfest than I thought now with Stumblor bringing his BOP 2.0 and your T2. There I was thinking mine would stick out lol.

So I've already spent £900 on Comet LEDs, Pinsound +, New Speakers, New targets, New flipper mechs. I've put my name down for the new run of snack bar mod. I'm eye'ing up the HolomodSP but my god is it expensive.

CFTBL will get most of the love here. Shadow will get its due though.

Playfield is hitting delays due to bad weather (too much moisture in the air) its slowing down the curing process. He doesn't do things by half and has a 6 - 8 week build time usually its more like 10 - 12 now with the delays. There's going to be a lot more competition at Pinfest than I thought now with Stumblor bringing his BOP 2.0 and your T2. There I was thinking mine would stick out lol.

EDFAABCB-E02D-405B-ABA9-B81353C2EBB4.jpeg

Creech is a beautiful game when it’s all cleaned up. Mine is loaded with extras but I’d still like to add the Snackbar Mod one day - I hadn’t realised he was doing a new batch .
If yours has a decent green holo I’d leave it original personally.

View attachment 164813

Creech is a beautiful game when it’s all cleaned up. Mine is loaded with extras but I’d still like to add the Snackbar Mod one day - I hadn’t realised he was doing a new batch .
If yours has a decent green holo I’d leave it original personally.
That looks stunning. Can you list out some of the mods you have to give me some idea's? Also any well lit shots of the playfield would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom