What's new

The (not so new!) eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2022 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one?

Realistically that was an absolute bargain for the amount of work that went into it. Or if you want 4k for it Alan, I'll take it 😊

A strikes and spares went for 1.4k on ebay. Single ball. No speech.

Centaur is another dimension, and with Fathom, the top end of talking, multiball Bally SS before the 1982 cost cutting.

A strikes and spares went for 1.4k on ebay. Single ball. No speech.

Centaur is another dimension, and with Fathom, the top end of talking, multiball Bally SS before the 1982 cost cutting.
There’s a grand for new playfield before extensive time on the cab , all new parts , another dimension or not it’s a wreck and needs a boat load of money throwing at it

its a project for sure , its had a rough life see where it goes take a lot to fetch her back
playfield is pretty good for a centaur - they were normally played to death and very worn. All the mechs look to be there, only missing MPU and SD boards which are readily available.
backglass looks really good, minor wear
cab and head woodwork and artwork look ok - passable for a players condition machine.
There is some rust but that will clean up easily.

This one?

Realistically that was an absolute bargain for the amount of work that went into it. Or if you want 4k for it Alan, I'll take it 😊
add a couple of £k and i’d still say no thanks. The average parts cost to do up these classic bally ss games, including new pf, plastics, drop targets, a lot of other new upper pf parts, then flipper rebuild kits, switches, lamp holders, leds, rubbers, stencil set, paints, clear coat, metal bits, etc. runs £2.5k-£3k. add the cost of a base game and you’re over £4k. start putting in new boards and a new backglass, led score displays and you can spend a lot more.

plus 150 hours of time and effort.

There’s a grand for new playfield before extensive time on the cab , all new parts , another dimension or not it’s a wreck and needs a boat load of money throwing at it

Only if you want to go that far. To me it would make a decent players condition game when you replace the boards, clean it up and replace any missing or broken parts.
Then in future I'd look at a new playfield.
The cab doesn't look bad to me at all, structurely it's all there,unless I'm missing something?

Only if you want to go that far. To me it would make a decent players condition game when you replace the boards, clean it up and replace any missing or broken parts.
The cab doesn't look bad to me at all, structurely it's all there,unless I'm missing something?
Rust and lots of it. It's been damp at some point.

I paid 4k for a not minty Centaur (bit with all the bits to mintyfy it) having missed the one @AlanJ snagged (I procrastinated for a whole 30 mins about getting another)

if your happy with a rough players condition and to pay through the nose for it then great, classics like this deserve to be brought back to there glorious old self and in order to do that they need a boat load of money spending on them, if your happy to pay silly for this then spend a load more on getting it going to have a 3k players condition pin because youve overpaid in the first place then great , remember alanj bought his super minty for 4k ....horses for courses

if your happy with a rough players condition and to pay through the nose for it then great, classics like this deserve to be brought back to there glorious old self and in order to do that they need a boat load of money spending on them, if your happy to pay silly for this then spend a load more on getting it going to have a 3k players condition pin because youve overpaid in the first place then great , remember alanj bought his super minty for 4k ....horses for courses

I really don't think it's that bad, I have my price in mind and have an idea of what I'd need to spend.
I'm not going to go mad with new playfields and cab work unless I love the game. I like to enjoy a game first then if it's a long term keeper I look into doing it up, by then it's not money wasted as what other opportunities to get certain games are there?

Our Diner was a wreck, we've spent about as much as it would sell for but it's still got a crappy playfield with a
pf protector on it... As it's a keeper we don't mind getting a new playfield in the future when the time is right and going the extra mile on it.

I don't have a lot of money but can do stuff gradually. I think it's only money wasted if you hope to get it back when selling. I do know a lot of people who overpay and then expect the money back when they sell.

🤣 ****ing hell David that Diner was bloody lovely.
A general observation not directed at you. If you buy an older game by which I treat as mid 90’s down to 1930’s. Condition is contextualised by its age. Your diner was lovely.
Next to Godzilla it’s a bit rough round the edges.
It a genuine survivor. Cabinet is lovely. Playfield tiny amount of wear, few niggles to sort out. Par for the course.
If you bought a Godzilla with that wear and tear it would be a wreck. Something that’s 32 years old. Well. It’s Damn near minty 🤣.
Try and find a system 11 in that condition. They’re out there but 8/10 are tired and battered.
Comparing conditions to new games is like comparing apples to oranges

***ing hell David that Diner was bloody lovely.
Wreck was a strong word, I shouldn't have used, but I mean the boards cost us hundreds to fix. Plus a lot of rust, worn and risen inserts.

It seems a wreck going by the standards of people in this thread if that centaur is a money pit, because really I agree with you. I don't see a point in making a game super mint, it's not always necessary.
There's still odd bits of rust and wear on Diners legs and a few parts but it doesn't bother us.

There is a space invaders on Ebay, with spare pf and overlay BUT with badly flaking backglass, however another seller has a much better backglass (complete front door unit). Could be a useful project if you grab both.

Well this is a big haul of pinballs and jukeboxes and signs / etc up for auction in London. 131 lots and some nice classic Bally and Gottlieb pinballs plus others.

Just remember the 30% sales fee to add, bidding starts today 11th 7pm and ends 27th at 7pm. The only difference on this auction is any bids entered within 5 minutes of the end extends the auction until no one else bids👍

Make some space and drain your savings accounts 👍

Well this is a big haul of pinballs and jukeboxes and signs / etc up for auction in London. 131 lots and some nice classic Bally and Gottlieb pinballs plus others.

Just remember the 30% sales fee to add, bidding starts today 11th 7pm and ends 27th at 7pm. The only difference on this auction is any bids entered within 5 minutes of the end extends the auction until no one else bids👍

Make some space and drain your savings accounts 👍

Some of the starting prices - mame cabs especially - are a joke. The signs are all nice.

Thanks for sharing. The price is the price. But many of these prices seem mad.

NSM wall mounted jukeboxes tend to go for 300 to 400 on ebay. But at this sale the opening bid is 1000, with a 1000 to 2000 estimate

There is a space invaders on Ebay, with spare pf and overlay BUT with badly flaking backglass, however another seller has a much better backglass (complete front door unit). Could be a useful project if you grab both.
Originally had an £850 buy it now so hope no one goes above that 🤦‍♂️

Like all older games , the mint ones tend to be the unpopular titles that weren't played . I had a gorgeous bugs bunny but every elvira party monster I've has had a hard life . Was overjoyed with the TAXI I picked up this year which is a real survivor.

And my mobile data let me down trying to bid on those manuals. A real bargain there and 4 of them l needed for my own games. Oh well. Snooze you lose lol

With the spare pf and overlay, there’s half a chance of making a reasonable game
Overlay looks like it's been very badly rolled.
Suspect my S. O. Will take a very dim view of me getting yet another... Not that that's ever stopped me.
😂
I should resist though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom