What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next In Line Tournament 2022 - DOMINO Arcade 15/16th April

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Damn guys you're out late, thought you'd all preserve your energy ready for tomorrow 🤣

As usual a great couple of days of friendly pinball competition. I managed to actually play near my best for almost all of my games - with the exception of the final with a pitifully low score on AIQ.

Congrats to @RuyLopez for the win in the final with a great first 2 balls - it's always nice to plunge and walk away with the win on your last ball, and to Phoebe for getting the U16 & Womens prizes.

(Thanks to Neil for the help and advice on getting the bits to allow me to do a decent streaming rig - and with such a range of games I've been able to boost my achievements on Insider Connect 😁)

Can't thank Neil and Mandy enough for putting on a fantastic event - so much fun, superb competition, great food and drinks - was really great to see and meet everyone and having time to be able to hang out, especially with the weather being so nice too!

Congrats to Wayne for some stellar play all weekend - don't worry all, we will get him at Electric Circus Classics League - that's where the real battles are waged! Hehe 😉

Till next time all - take care and enjoy yourselves out there!

Gene

Also just want to say a huge thanks to Neil and Mandy for hosting a great event.
Compliments to Chef Mandy cooking up a superb Curry.
I could only make it for the Saturday, but really enjoyed myself catching up with old friends and meeting new people as well.

Such a great choice of lovely pins to play as well, like being a kid in a sweet shop.

Congrats to all the winners 👊🏼

Phoebe must get it from her mother, 😂😂 @DanLewell
Haha, yeah it does feel like that sometimes. 🤣

Thanks to Neil and Mandy for an awesome weekend. We all loved it, and pheebs is super happy with prize money!!

Although she is now closer to being able to afford a puppy which until now I was happy to bat away with "wait until you've saved the money and then we can discuss it" so no more prizes for juniors or women please!!! :eek:

Massive thanks to Neil and Mandy for organising such an excellent event, and thanks to the brilliant people who turned up to make is a very special weekend.

I took one or two photos, some of which are below, and the rest are now on my FlickR album here.
Feel free to download any photos you want from FlickR - just follow the link above, click on a photo, then the down arrow and choose "original size" for the high resolution version.

Cheers everyone, and looking forward to the next one!

52010943826_4849718013_c.jpg52011492500_35220a007e_c.jpg52011490220_3e4720f6ea_c.jpg52009949767_b7a01ab17d_c.jpg52011216019_95e0aa57ab_c.jpg52011484025_f474ce8a78_c.jpg52010967681_3998524470_c.jpg52011209409_55c8fc253b_c.jpg52011479410_8a2c727b79_c.jpg52010962746_d5d9e08177_c.jpg52011205549_1af807b2f7_c.jpg52011476140_8fc992a553_c.jpg52010960601_137161907b_c.jpg52011012478_7c37b41185_c.jpg52011200349_c996d26dd4_c.jpg52009931622_6044fce134_c.jpg52011006978_872424c179_c.jpg52011006538_c29d27b316_c.jpg52011467385_9e0272ca68_c.jpg52011195334_b8ff326e34_c.jpg52009926052_35e8a033ae_c.jpg52011199829_fd6bd7a42e_c.jpg52011194459_8e24b4b0ce_c.jpg52010946661_622be63855_c.jpg52009921897_5856975cc9_c.jpg

Last edited:
Huge thanks to Neil and Mandy for hosting the biggest and bestest Domino Arcade event in history... so far... although I genuinely struggle to think how it could be improved.

Congratulations of course to Wayne, Rich, Phoebe and everyone else who played well over the two days.

Great to see everyone again and enjoying the fine Woking weather and later the local drinking establishments was a great way to spend an Easter weekend!

Sunday was a day of rest.

Firstly - huge thanks to everyone that came! And as above thanks Conrad for the amazing photos!

Loads of people helping on the day, special mention to @Diane B and SarahV who where superstars in helping tidying up. Thanks to @Itch for helping with getting stuff moved

The stream turned out epic and huge thanks to Tom from Foxcitiespinball and Karl from IEpinball in helping me migrate quickly to OBS as I kept hitting a bug on Xsplit and the many folks who commentated. There was a couple of epic games - one JP2 that I'll be editing as a separate film especially. Thanks to everyone that jumped on the mic! I also had a record number of viewers with £52 going to NAS as a bonus!

It was great to have Colin Macalpine fly over for Saturday also; Colin was watching the stream in his hotel in AMS and he pinged me about heading over for Saturday, 4 hours later he is at my house!

Big shout out to some great play - Wayne, Thomas, Rich, Pete B, Ed, Tim with some amazing play, Matt V putting in a couple of hundred million on JP3 with 2 dangers Phoebe, Sarah V played brilliant too. First two comps I did not bad in either! Also thanks to Keith for helping check out AIQ when we had the flipper issue. And Tim and Colin on DI!

I bought 30 boxes of bud - 1 was left! :D :D :D :D :D

massive thanks to my wife Mandy who looked after us with bacon, epic curry, sausage rolls and loads of other stuff. The food was amazing!

3 tournaments are into IFPA.

Target Matchplay:
1 Wayne Johns
2 Kirk Sadler
3 Josh Iles
4 Peter Blakemore

3- Strikes:
1 Wayne Johns
2 Josh Iles
3 Tim Thornton
4 Neil McRae

Matchplay Finale
1 Rich Mallett
2 Thomas Evrenos
3 Colin MacAlpine
4 Wayne Johns

And Overall top 4:

1 Wayne Johns
2 Rich Mallett
3 Thomas Evens
4 Peter Blakemore

for those that brought Mandy stuff to thank her - many thanks from me!

See you at PBR in May!

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
A very big thank you from New Forest Pinball. What an epic event!
Only made the Saturday but still well worth it. Domino arcade is full of so many wonderful games. Many of which I had the privilege of playing for the very first time! It’s very kind and generous of you Neil to share these games with us all, thanks very much.
Judging by your big smile Saturday, we all saw the truth in the fact that “there is more happiness in giving than receiving “.
Very apt considering the time of year. (Let the reader use discernment). Such generous hospitality, the veggie curry was excellent. Great to catch up with everyone, and meet Colin, who’s knowledge of moderns, (along with Jacks, who’s always saying stuff like “Dad, why are you not shooting “x”, or do you realise “y” is lit” 🤓) got me out of a lot of trouble.
Really enjoyed the day. Good to catch up with folks again , and meet a few new people.
A big well done to Wayne, Rich and Phoebe. Whom all played awesome. The competition and the games were fierce, so many good players. Very fun day.
Thanks again Neil and Mandy. And all behind the scenes that made this event possible and run so smoothly.
Keef. 😎 (P.S. wot no classics!!?.......out of my comfort zone or what!.........)

A very big thank you from New Forest Pinball. What an epic event!
Only made the Saturday but still well worth it. Domino arcade is full of so many wonderful games. Many of which I had the privilege of playing for the very first time! It’s very kind and generous of you Neil to share these games with us all, thanks very much.
Judging by your big smile Saturday, we all saw the truth in the fact that “there is more happiness in giving than receiving “.
Very apt considering the time of year. (Let the reader use discernment). Such generous hospitality, the veggie curry was excellent. Great to catch up with everyone, and meet Colin, who’s knowledge of moderns, (along with Jacks, who’s always saying stuff like “Dad, why are you not shooting “x”, or do you realise “y” is lit” 🤓) got me out of a lot of trouble.
Really enjoyed the day. Good to catch up with folks again , and meet a few new people.
A big well done to Wayne, Rich and Phoebe. Whom all played awesome. The competition and the games were fierce, so many good players. Very fun day.
Thanks again Neil and Mandy. And all behind the scenes that made this event possible and run so smoothly.
Keef. 😎 (P.S. wot no classics!!?.......out of my comfort zone or what!.........)
It was nice to meet you mate,

Brad

Also as soon as the trophies arrive I’ll get them out to the folks who are owed them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom