What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Next In Line Tournament 2022 - DOMINO Arcade 15/16th April

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Neil McRae added a new event:

The Next In Line Tournament 2022 - DOMINO Arcade 15/16th April

Tournament at mine £20 for the weekend - three tournaments - all the usual you expect from the DOMINO Organisation.

1: Target Matchplay 10:30 -> 18:00 Friday
2: 3 Strikes Tournament 19:00 until finish Friday night
3: Matchplay top 16 in Finals. Saturday

Trophies for all events plus positions for all three count towards winning the Golden Domino!
Decisive are sponsoring -> 1st £500 2nd £150 3rd £100 4th £50 5th £50 Best placed woman £100 Best placed under 16 £50

52 players.

Registration opens...

Read more about this event...

Last edited by a moderator:
Usual Good Friday Tournament at mine £20 for the weekend - three Full tournaments - all the usual you expect from the DOMINO Organisation.

1: Target Matchplay 10:30 -> 18:00 Friday
2: 3 Strikes Tournament 19:00 until finish Friday night
3: Matchplay Tournament - Full Matchplay tournament for all players with top 16 in A Finals next 8 in B finals. Saturday B final will be open to anyone >1500 in the IFPA Standings.

Trophies for all events plus positions for all three count towards winning the Golden Domino!
Decisive are sponsoring -> 1st £500 2nd £150 3rd £100 4th £50 5th £50 Best placed woman £100 Best placed under 16 £50

52 players.

Registration opens at http://playpinball.uk/ This Saturday 12th at 12:00!

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you're not in the top 16 and don't qualify there's no point booking a hotel for Friday night?

Asking for a friend...

no - but well spotted.

Saturday is an entirely new event i.e. a new matchplay event with finals the previous day is target matchplay with no finals. and I'm going to run a top 8 B final. to give the lower players something to ai for!

Hi Neil, apologies for maybe being a bit dim (and my ability with google seems to also be lacking), but is there a link to anywhere that explains the various tournament formats? Despite playing a few tournaments, it would be helpful/interesting to understand the differences between strikes, target matchplay, matchplay, and the various other competition formats.

In terms of this event, would I be correct in taking it that:
If you come in the top 16 of the Friday events, you qualify for the A finals on Saturday.
If you are placed 17th-24th, you qualify for the B finals on Saturday.
Also if you are ranked better than 1500 in the IFPA rankings, you will automatically be included in the B finals if attending, regardles of performance on the Friday?
(last one definitely not relevant to me)!

Also, is your position on the Friday based on the results of the Target Matchplay, the 3 Strikes, or a combination of both?

Apologies if the above is obvious to most reading it, but someone once told me that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! 🙂

Hi Neil, apologies for maybe being a bit dim (and my ability with google seems to also be lacking), but is there a link to anywhere that explains the various tournament formats? Despite playing a few tournaments, it would be helpful/interesting to understand the differences between strikes, target matchplay, matchplay, and the various other competition formats.

If you come in the top 16 of the Friday events, you qualify for the A finals on Saturday.
Also if you are ranked better than 1500 in the IFPA rankings, you will automatically be included in the B finals if attending, regardles of performance on the Friday?

Also, is your position on the Friday based on the results of the Target Matchplay, the 3 Strikes, or a combination of both?

Apologies if the above is obvious to most reading it, but someone once told me that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask! 🙂

+1

Top 16 in which, 1 or 2 on Friday?

Neither. Friday's two tournaments have no finals. Saturdays Matchplay has a final with top the 16 from that tournament in the A final and the next 8 in the B final.

Neil.

No sorry thats not correct (And no its not obvious either! my fault!) and I admit in my head its clear but my keyboard fingers has not made it so clear ! :D

The only linkage between the tournaments will be your seeded position in the next tournament, nothing else.

Tournament 1: Target Matchplay is we play until someone gets 30 points. There are no finals. Uses PAPA scoring of 4 2 1 0
Tournament 2: 3 Knockout Strikes Matchplay is we play until 1 person is left. Strikes are awarded for the bottom two players in a four player group or the bottom person in a three player group.
Tournament 3: Saturday's Matchplay is traditional matchplay with 12 rounds with IFPA scoring 7,5,3,1 - with the top 16 playing in the A final and the next 8 playing a B final.

All of these tournaments have trophies.

These are all then entered onto a tournament series and the winners announced for the golden domino and the prizes.

Hope that has made it clearer and apologies for the confusion.

Neil.

No sorry thats not correct (And no its not obvious either! my fault!) and I admit in my head its clear but my keyboard fingers has not made it so clear ! :D

The only linkage between the tournaments will be your seeded position in the next tournament, nothing else.

Tournament 1: Target Matchplay is we play until someone gets 30 points. There are no finals. Uses PAPA scoring of 4 2 1 0
Tournament 2: 3 Knockout Strikes Matchplay is we play until 1 person is left. Strikes are awarded for the bottom two players in a four player group or the bottom person in a three player group.
Tournament 3: Saturday's Matchplay is traditional matchplay with 12 rounds with IFPA scoring 7,5,3,1 - with the top 16 playing in the A final and the next 8 playing a B final.

All of these tournaments have trophies.

These are all then entered onto a tournament series and the winners announced for the golden domino and the prizes.

Hope that has made it clearer and apologies for the confusion.

Neil.

Thanks Neil - that explains it perfectly - much appreciated!
Dates now in my diary, and looking forward to it (provided I get in early enough for the registration).
👍

I had read this as that you are only eligible for the B finals if your ranking is worse than 1500 (i.e. you are between 1,501th and 7.9billionth), so that the B winner is someone who doesn't normally get a trophy, and is delighted by it, rather than someone amazing having an off day, who is disappointed to even be in the B finals.

spot on Nick - if you qualify for A then you are in A no matter what.

she's live!

note you don't need to login and I recommend that you don't!

If you booked for multiple players let me know who here please and I'll update the attendees list.

Neil.

Think we're busy. Or at least have a gig in London the Saturday.
Sounds fun tho! 😁

yup - still about 15 spots. I expected less folks this time owing to 2 days and easter. You don't have to do both days though and if its less than 40 people it saves me lugging three games over to the house :D

Neil.

Would it still be worth attending if I could only make the Saturday?

Yeah, definitely. The Saturday comp is completely separate from the two comps on Friday.

The only thing linking them is the golden domino trophy for the person who does the best combined from all 3 comps.
Ok Cool, I’m down for Saturday then, looking forward to it :thumbs:

Yeah, definitely. The Saturday comp is completely separate from the two comps on Friday.

The only thing linking them is the golden domino trophy for the person who does the best combined from all 3 comps.

and the money :)

Back
Top Bottom