What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mandalorian Pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
God there is some miserable peeps on here, not watched the stream yet but I'm excited...

Any new pinball is great for the hobby good or bad... But pinballs with a get IP like Mando is GREAT for the hobby gets people interested and they put a £1 or $1 in and see how fun pinball is and get hooked

Really? Is Hot Wheels that bad? From what I read, most people who have played it, seem to rate it and say it plays really nice.

I think it’s a great pinball licence (But I am yet to play one yet though!).
I've played HW and it's certainly an improvement on Houdini.
The shots aren't too tightly clustered, it's the closest non-Stern to a Stern I can think of, a Stern-Lite😀, and that's meant as a compliment.
It doesn't seem to have as deep a ruleset as recent releases from JJP or Stern, but more than adequate for the vast majority of people.

Back on topic:
I haven't, and won't, watch any stream until I've seen the machine in person myself first. That's the only way I believe you get a decent opinion of if the game would suit you.
I'm waiting for LZ to get to Tilt first.

Game looks to shoot great, assets look great and the rules sounded brilliant from Dwight love the RPG elements he’s bringing into pinball. Only thing that’s left me scratching my head is the magnet above the rollover lanes, it’s already a pretty random thing during gameplay why add a magnet there? Should have been between the flippers for a Grogu force ball save.

God there is some miserable peeps on here, not watched the stream yet but I'm excited...

Any new pinball is great for the hobby good or bad... But pinballs with a get IP like Mando is GREAT for the hobby gets people interested and they put a £1 or $1 in and see how fun pinball is and get hooked

They're not being miserable. They're just saying it's not for them.

I watched the stream, first time in a while I bothered watching one because I’d rather see and play the game in person than watch someone else. Dwight gave me the laugh of the night by saying “I just want to reach in and touch the child, did I just say that out loud? That sounds very wrong doesn’t it? I can’t say that can I!”. Jack followed up by saying yes the glass is amazing or something like that :rofl:

I watched the stream, first time in a while I bothered watching one because I’d rather see and play the game in person than watch someone else. Dwight gave me the laugh of the night by saying “I just want to reach in and touch the child, did I just say that out loud? That sounds very wrong doesn’t it? I can’t say that can I!”. Jack followed up by saying yes the glass is amazing or something like that :rofl:
I enjoyed that too 🤣

I loved the arcade/rpg element to the game of trading in beskar and choosing upgrades.

Very cool.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Also bearing in mind STh had secret UV kit, and LZ had the light upgrade to the cabinet, you think the Mando upgrade will be an interactive Grogu?

Sent from my Atari 2600

I doubt it.

The effort to get something like that approved by Disney/Lucas means they’d probably have put it in the game but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also bearing in mind STh had secret UV kit, and LZ had the light upgrade to the cabinet, you think the Mando upgrade will be an interactive Grogu?

Sent from my Atari 2600
Interesting @Alpha1 .... But that would need a lot of stuff to do, not just a bolt on a coil and be done. Anything like that is prone to failure so why open yourself up to warranty repairs? I mean the mini playfield with constant bending wires will break.

One thing I did notice is that the cabinet has not been routed for the lighting as LZ has. I would of thought that having this feature as an option in all stern games would of been a good thing business wise. It will also make people purchase the official stern side blades, and not after market ones.

Thought those side lights in LZ are pretty awesome, I would imagine stern selling lots of these in future games - but this is not to be looking at the cabinet on the live stream.

Interesting @Alpha1 .... But that would need a lot of stuff to do, not just a bolt on a coil and be done. Anything like that is prone to failure so why open yourself up to warranty repairs? I mean the mini playfield with constant bending wires will break.

One thing I did notice is that the cabinet has not been routed for the lighting as LZ has. I would of thought that having this feature as an option in all stern games would of been a good thing business wise. It will also make people purchase the official stern side blades, and not after market ones.

Thought those side lights in LZ are pretty awesome, I would imagine stern selling lots of these in future games - but this is not to be looking at the cabinet on the live stream.
I noticed it missing also. Hence my interactive Grogu thought. Otherwise maybe it's just custom plunger, rails and a topper and that's it.

Sent from my Atari 2600

Interesting @Alpha1 ....

Apparently mandolorian was in development before zepplin and they weren’t to sure how the lighting would be accepted so it wasn’t put in to mando

Last edited:
There is a podcast premiering in 2 hours comparing Stern's Mandalorian with Zen's Mandalorian. Maybe the only time its happened, a new physical and digital table based on the same licensed IP releasing at essentially the same time.

The pro looks perfectly fine. I'm not sure Carl Weathers voice is very well suited to pinball callouts though personally.
Pro looks like the winner here, not interested in that pointless magnet. It’s just a shame that up/down loop isn’t in the pro, that’s the only thing in prem/le I really like the look of.

lots of other call outs though from Mando himself which I didn't hear during the first reveal. which is epic.

I don't know about the game play yet but the LE looks epic :D but the pro also looks good.

Neil.

I think the plastic ramps across the Pro look hideous! They are blocking a lot of the view. It’s like they had to de-value the Pro, instead of adding extras to the Premium and LE.

I imagine there will be after market wire forms for the Pro.

I think the plastic ramps across the Pro look hideous! They are blocking a lot of the view. It’s like they had to de-value the Pro, instead of adding extras to the Premium and LE.

You will be able to order those wireforms, I’m tempted to get a pro as I have zero interest in the LE features. If I do I’ll be grabbing those wire forms to add to the pro.

there will also be aftermarket wireforms coming from a reliable source on Pinside.

Are you sure? Stern are pretty shroud with their parts and what they sell. I tried to get a Comic Art Translite and was told I would need a serial number of my Star Wars Comic Edition, which I obviously didn’t have.

The Pro game play looked good, but think I prefer the upper playfield on the LE.

Last edited:
I think its more than just the wireforms I think its the fixings too. I think it might be harder to get them but not impossible.

That Is what they always do. Build the LE and then take stuff out for the pro.

I am down for pro and premium but I have said from day one that the pro is where the smart money is at
The mini playfield does look cool but I would imagine in practice it’s pretty lack lustre like most mini playfield and the extra magnet does nothing

That Is what they always do. Build the LE and then take stuff out for the pro.
Doesn’t it depend on the designer? Some design the Prem/LE as the base game and then work back removing stuff to fit the pro budget, while others design the pro as the base and add stuff in for the Prem/LE.

Can’t remember who does it which way now but Borg and Ritchie have both answered which they design and build first.
Maybe it was Borg who stated he designs the pro first and foremost and then adds to the LE which is maybe why his pros always seem so loaded?

watched the rest of it and the audio has moved on massive

call outs from mando
call outs from grogu
call outs from the robot
Moff and a bunch of other guys including
the guy they spring from prison call outs.

Doesn’t it depend on the designer? Some design the Prem/LE as the base game and then work back removing stuff to fit the pro budget, while others design the pro as the base and add stuff in for the Prem/LE.

Can’t remember who does it which way now but Borg and Ritchie have both answered which they design and build first.
Maybe it was Borg who stated he designs the pro first and foremost and then adds to the LE which is maybe why his pros always seem so loaded?
That would make sense as Turtles Pro was loaded!

I think it was George that said that was the process. But you got to be building knowing you have two formats...

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom