What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I have a Bally Elektra that I love very much although it is in need of TLC... but my desire for an ACDC Premium is apparently stronger. I'm trying to bring my budget up to the price of one that has been advertised near me recently, I'm about £1,500 short. Would anyone like to suggest how much I might get for an Elektra that basically works but has a number of issues, some cosmetic, some electronic? From memory, some wire guides at the top need reshaping to prevent balls from getting stuck sat on them, and the lower playfield flippers are weak. It may well also be running from an Altek MPU board, I need to open it up and remind myself... I will go and get some pictures when I get a moment.

I found a few other things I had forgotten that I had while taking pics of Elektra ...
Backglasses in medium to good condition for:
  • Fathom
  • Centaur
  • Flash
What looks like a knock-off translite for a DE:SW.

There's also what looks like a full set of plastics for Fathom where all but one are unused and still have their protective cover - it looks to me like someone bought a full set just to replace one cracked one. Probably forum regular Phil who sold me most of these things many years ago.

Elektra is running on an Altek, but I also have the original MPU too - I must have swapped it out for some reason but I can't remember why. I also have what appears to be a used set of plastics for Elektra (I didn't stop to see if it was a full set). I remembered now the biggest problem with Elektra, the back panel of the main cabinet is damaged, it could do with replacing or repairing. A simple enough bit of carpentry, and then a case of trying to match the paint colour - I just never bothered because it was one of those "out of sight, out of mind" things.

Would anyone like to suggest values for any of the above? Can I reach my goal of raising £1,500 extra to buy AC/DC with that lot? Happy to post pics if people want to see them.

i think with those desirable (fathom and centaur especially) backglasses plus the elektra you should get £1500. elektra is a very frustrating game but has a unique charm

Evening All,
I’m a newbie here so I hope I have the right place for this.
Considering the attached Metallica pin but have no bearing on prices for this pin. Have had a quick search but can’t find anything recent.
Would anyone be kind enough to offer me a guide on price. Supposedly refurbished but not seen in the flesh.
Appreciate this may be a how long is a piece of string question so apologies in advance if so.
Cheers. Phil.

I was desperate for one and would have paid close to 6k for one like this. I think it would sell in minutes on here at 5k, and worth every penny too in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a perceived rarity around MET games which is keeping the price up for some reason, but pretty sure the same number of TWD and GB have moved around in the same time period, all 3 games IMHO are £4.5 - £5k games, pusing the top end with CDMD and maybe slightly over with + mods.

There was a new Metallica LED for sale on Pinball Universe recently for under £5k, was very tempted but sold now.

What does a Batman 66 go for these days? Quite fancy one at some point after I'm done with Jurassic Park

I feel like I saw an ex-routed one on here for 6 g's back along? Might have made that up, not sure

For any newer people, Metallica is worth 4 - 4.5k , but is a fanboy pin at the moment, and so hyped up to 5k +. So the 1 caveat I would say is you may lose 1k on it over the next couple of years. Same goes for Batman 66.
It is a very good game, but thousands out there , same happened with AC/DC few years back, not saying met not worth 5k, just that it’s currently punching way above the average

If you said you had 5k in your pocket and could collect today l still think MET wouldnt come out the woodwork

For any newer people, Metallica is worth 4 - 4.5k , but is a fanboy pin at the moment, and so hyped up to 5k +. So the 1 caveat I would say is you may lose 1k on it over the next couple of years. Same goes for Batman 66.
It is a very good game, but thousands out there , same happened with AC/DC few years back, not saying met not worth 5k, just that it’s currently punching way above the average

That said both myself and another forum member have recently scored a Metallica for under 5k so good deals are out there [emoji1598]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my T2, that's basically been sat in the garage for the best part of the last 12 years. It plays fine, just needs some care/work from someone who knows what they are doing (not me). There's damage to the cabinet at the front where some *** has tried to pull the security bar off I think. Also the apron (i've just been told that's the technical term!) needs some love. Like I say though, it boots up and plays fine.

Looking for a rough valuation, will be grabbing some more pics when I get a chance.

Thanks

20200921_151626.jpg
20200921_151633.jpg
20200921_151617.jpg
20200921_151648.jpg

Hi all, would appreciate some help working out the market value of the following pins (Not Ebay prices- couldn’t even afford a Thunderbirds on there 🤑) I’m interested in getting my foot into the hobby and want something I can learn to maintain but not fix from the get go (so if anyone has some ideas what games to avoid for mechs breaking etc I’d appreciate your input) Players condition valuations fine:
Monopoly
Roller Coaster Tycoon
World Poker Tour
Big Buck Hunter
NASCAR / Grand Prix
Would love a Shrek as it would sway if with the kids and missus. Have fond memories of playing Family Guy and apparently this is a re-skin.

thanks,

Peter

Hi all, would appreciate some help working out the market value of the following pins (Not Ebay prices- couldn’t even afford a Thunderbirds on there 🤑) I’m interested in getting my foot into the hobby and want something I can learn to maintain but not fix from the get go (so if anyone has some ideas what games to avoid for mechs breaking etc I’d appreciate your input) Players condition valuations fine:
Monopoly
Roller Coaster Tycoon
World Poker Tour
Big Buck Hunter
NASCAR / Grand Prix
Would love a Shrek as it would sway if with the kids and missus. Have fond memories of playing Family Guy and apparently this is a re-skin.

thanks,

Peter

I would say all those listed, with the exception of BBH, are sub 2K games, possibly slightly more depending on condition. I might wrong, but that's where I would value those.

Players condition valuations:
Monopoly £1500
Roller Coaster Tycoon £2000
World Poker Tour £2300
Big Buck Hunter £2500
NASCAR / Grand Prix £2500.

would appreciate some help working out the market value of the following pins

I'd say somewhere around the below but expect to pay a bit more in these crazy pinball pricing times!
  • Monopoly - £1500 to £1800
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon - £1500 to £1800
  • World Poker Tour - £1800 to £2200
  • Big Buck Hunter - £1800 to £2200
  • NASCAR/Grand Prix - £2000 to £2300
Shrek is an interesting one as it holds it's value really well, I'd say somewhere in the £2500 to £3000 region :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom