What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Worth 6.5 -7k, but at the moment probably higher as still in vogue.

Tony do you per chance have a Deadpool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A very enjoyable game and no doubt there is still a lot of demand for it so 7.5K-8K would be about right depending on condition.

Gottlieb timeline? non worker i’ve been offered. know nothing about SS gotts. any idea of value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xfiles fully working just needs a good clean any idea of price?

What's a reasonable price for a good condition Amazing Spider-Man (Gottlieb)?

I see Coin-Op King have a nice-looking example for £2.6k, which I'm sure someone will bite hard on but seems well OTT to me. I thought one had changed hands here relatively recently but can't find it (searching for Spiderman is made difficult by the various Stern offerings).

What's a reasonable price for a good condition Amazing Spider-Man (Gottlieb)?

I see Coin-Op King have a nice-looking example for £2.6k, which I'm sure someone will bite hard on but seems well OTT to me. I thought one had changed hands here relatively recently but can't find it (searching for Spiderman is made difficult by the various Stern offerings).
Less than half of 2.6!

I agree with Paul re: what the price should be for one of these but you rarely see them for sale so if it’s something you really want then expect to pay over the odds for it. I’d definitely advise playing it before buying if you can as it’s a pretty dull game IMHO

I agree with Paul re: what the price should be for one of these but you rarely see them for sale so if it’s something you really want then expect to pay over the odds for it. I’d definitely advise playing it before buying if you can as it’s a pretty dull game IMHO

Played it in Chicago some years back – one of the good things about not being so experienced around pinball is that the apparently dull games don't seem that way. I liked it a lot, and the art is stunning.

Yeah, I agree on the looks, its a stunning machine.
I quite enjoy playing it but it gets critisised for comps as you get good players shatzing to build the bonus rather than playing 'properly'.
There used to be one at SWL. @Moonraker will know where that went.

Shatzing can be stopped by swapping the inlane and outlane switches over.

@mission65 grabbed it, about 18 months ago I think.

I payed 1500 for mine, and if someone is selling one for 1-1.5 k please get in touch as I would be interested . If you are a comic fan then this pin is the ultimate pin in my eyes. same goes for Hulk which I have not managed to buy a half decent one. Seen a few Wrecked spideys and hulks but most are very worn.

Sounds expensive to me - I wouldn’t pay more than £500 for a Gott spidey - the hulk is the game you want to get and that’s worth £1500ish. Some nice ones for sale in Europe and the US if you put the effort in.

Sounds expensive to me - I wouldn’t pay more than £500 for a Gott spidey - the hulk is the game you want to get and that’s worth £1500ish. Some nice ones for sale in Europe and the US if you put the effort in.

Not for me - not fussed about the Hulk theme.

Neil, if You are not into comics or spidey then other pins will appeal , but spidey Is the consummate comic pin to most comic people I have shown pics of my pins to.
It’s a style thing :p:rofl:

from a pinball playing POV, I rate HULK more than Spiderman. but if you want the ultimate collectible comic pin its Superman - no question. But ITS ALWAYS Superman when collecting comics.

LOL Spidey is what the clueless "comic experts" collect :D so many flunkies hit me with "I've got an original Amazing Fantasy #15' that's worth thousands, then you show them your Action Comics #1 and watch them make up some yadda yadda about how they had one but sold it.

Neil.

just wish Stern had done Superman '78 !

I'm more of a batman collector which I agree with Tony Spiderman is more valuable and more collectable but Superman people pay stupid money for anything, when Reeve died the prices for his stuff went nuts - I think the Spidey and batman stories and drawings are better than Superman - XMEN also and Fantastic 4.

I used to get the **** ripped out of me at school for collecting all these comics - now they are the biggest thing in Movies and TV makes me chuckle.

Neil

PS and of course , its worth what someone will pay for it :D

I love most comics so all the greats superman, Batman, xmen, rogue trooper, but I now buy mainly Omnibus books for my reading , I would love to hold an Action comics #1, never mind owning it :)
Do have some nice original comic art though

I always find it interesting when all such things get bundled up together. I’ve got no interest in Hulk, Superman has always bored the **** off me, but Spiderman comic art, covering most eras, has always just looked cool.

Mrs Wot is the actual Spiderman fan, and Gottlieb did a phenomenal job with the look of the table. I won’t pretend it’s the best game in the world, but feels a lot like in among any collection we assemble, that table’s got to be in there.

Hmmm, I've never played a Hulk but theme wise it would fit in nicely - I assume not many about in the UK as can't be ****d with trying to get stuff imported.

But ITS ALWAYS Superman when collecting comics.

Well, you're just wrong!

Superman is so boring as a character throughout most of the comics and the villains are really poorly developed. Batman is really an exception for DC as was at times very well done.

Marvel in general did a much better job with fleshing out the baddies and providing main characters with interesting opponents.

I always find it interesting when all such things get bundled up together. I’ve got no interest in Hulk, Superman has always bored the **** off me, but Spiderman comic art, covering most eras, has always just looked cool.

Mrs Wot is the actual Spiderman fan, and Gottlieb did a phenomenal job with the look of the table. I won’t pretend it’s the best game in the world, but feels a lot like in among any collection we assemble, that table’s got to be in there.

I really like Hulk and the artwork for the character has evolved a lot over the years, probably more than many others. I did think there would be some sort of Marvel Avengers machine made with the huge success of the films recently, then again, you'd struggle to fit all the avengers onto one machine!

Back
Top Bottom