What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I wondered if the photo was from you - when it popped up on Facebook I couldn’t believe it.

Whats the going rate for a STTNG these days please. Seen one on FB for £4k. Good deal if its all in good order?

Cheers,
D
4k is OK dependant on condition.

For 4k I would want it free of any mechanical issues. Playfield could have some worn area's as long as they could be covered by Cliffy protectors then no biggy.

All working lights with no blown.

Rubbers I would expect worn but not to the point where immediate replacement is required.

Standard DMD, Colour would be a bonus.

Check the machine over before handing the cash. Get the glass off and inspect. This machine is bloody expensive to repair and not friendly to newbies to service.

If you are unsure, walk away.

Scott

Thanks Scott. As a newbie I think I'll find something less complicated. Appreciate the info though.

If you could get £250-£500 off it would be a no brainer in my opinion assuming the playfield is good. Great game but you will get your hands dirty at some point like all old 90s games.

what’s the big maintenance issue with sttng? never having owned one?
The cannons love to play up. Typical other stuff is opto's.

If you are confident in doing your own repairs then it's not such a major factor. If you plan on using professional services for all repairs pick on easier pins.

what’s the big maintenance issue with sttng? never having owned one?
Pretty straightforward, cannon looms break from the movement, Opto’s, diverter can need adjusting for staging in the subway plus the usual WPC.
Just sold a nice one that was running like clockwork😎

Pretty straightforward, cannon looms break from the movement, Opto’s, diverter can need adjusting for staging in the subway plus the usual WPC.
Just sold a nice one that was running like clockwork😎

…. plus eddy sensors and the hidden drop target that the whole game depends on playing up at least once a year. It’s still worth it though!

…. plus eddy sensors and the hidden drop target that the whole game depends on playing up at least once a year. It’s still worth it though!
Never had any problems with the eddy sensors on the 2 I have owned but the drop target does just like on BSD but that’s a given and an easy fix😁

Hi, looking for current price for a fully working, nice Demo Man please. Very nice playfield. Cabinet good but some wrinkles on backbox decals. LEDs in playfield GI and inserts. Small repair to top of a ramp towards back of playfield (size of 5p coin). Thanks, Paul

20220201_130944.jpg
20220201_130855.jpg
20220201_130907.jpg
20220201_131113.jpg
20220201_131251.jpg
20220131_160055.jpg

Last edited:
The cannons love to play up. Typical other stuff is opto's.

If you are confident in doing your own repairs then it's not such a major factor. If you plan on using professional services for all repairs pick on easier pins.
Even Steve Ritchie admits the complexity of TNG was at the limit of what operators could use on site. Hopefully by now those left have had niggles ironed out but the cannons and optos could be troublesome out the box

My Black Rose....

Fully LED'd except a few flashers that were far too blinding.

Playfield with typical insert wear and a bit of planking. Two bits of mylar to protect wear and one insert.

Cab has typical wear and fade of an early 90s game.

I'd say good players condition for A Rosie that hasn't been fully restored.
It's been around the community for years and I've left my mark by fixing niggles and tuning it in 😊

Can upload pictures later but wondering what a rough price would be?

Added some old photos

Attachments

• 20210514_183514.jpg
    20210514_183514.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211027_144432.jpg
    20211027_144432.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211113_161151.jpg
    20211113_161151.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Rosie maybe 2k-ish? Not a WPC title so snobs don't want it. Great first pin imo.

IMdn pro probably 6k+/- now depending on condition/mods. More if it has the disco music 🤣

Last edited:
Rosie maybe 2k? Not a WPC title ....
Sorry to contradict, but it is an early WPC title. All the 90s Bally/ Williams DMD titles were WPC (ie WPC, WPC-S, WPC 95), along with a handful of the last alphanumerics (BoP, Funhouse, Harley Davidson).

Today, these very early WPCs can seem basic compared to the likes of the later fancier titles - Twilight Zone, MM, CV ..... but when they came out they were up against much less sophisticated competition (Bad Cats, Swords of Fury, BoP, Checkpoint, TMNT ....)

Sorry to contradict, but it is an early WPC title. All the 90s Bally/ Williams DMD titles were WPC (ie WPC, WPC-S, WPC 95), along with a handful of the last alphanumerics (BoP, Funhouse, Harley Davidson).

Today, these very early WPCs can seem basic compared to the likes of the later fancier titles - Twilight Zone, MM, CV ..... but when they came out they were up against much less sophisticated competition (Bad Cats, Swords of Fury, BoP, Checkpoint, TMNT ....)
Just seeing a dot matrix screen was cutting edge in those days. It seemed marvellous at the time.

Rubbish Dave.
Rosie is a stone cold classic from that ere defo not basic by any means.

Back
Top Bottom