What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

This thread is a great idea, but prices are just so wild at the moment, I don't believe that anyone can say with absolute authority a machines value at the moment. More recent titles are easier, but 90's Bally/Williams games, it's a bit of a shot in the dark.

Congo literally used to get parted out to turn into Medieval's. It can't be a 5k game, it can't, it's 3k surely, but honestly I have no bloody clue! Things are so wild, I guess thats why we are seeing more eBay sales and less on here, as at least an auction gives a somewhat accurate reflection of a machines value at the time it's sold.

How about this as a test. How would somebody like to give me a fair, current market valuation of all my games in my signature. Not what you would like them to be worth based on your opinion of the game etc, but what you think they would actually achieve if they were to be auctioned in the current market. Or put up for sale here at a fair price.

For sake of ease let's say they are all in fair, players condition, fully working playing well, nothing Rosco, but also not mint, no mods, no colour DMD's etc, standard games. Other than Flash Gordon which has had the works done, new playfield, restencilled cab etc from Keith.

I've just gone through and priced where I think they might sit in today's market. Let's see if we agree

How about this as a test. How would somebody like to give me a fair, current market valuation of all my games in my signature. Not what you would like them to be worth based on your opinion of the game etc, but what you think they would actually achieve if they were to be auctioned in the current market. Or put up for sale here at a fair price.

For sake of ease let's say they are all in fair, players condition, fully working playing well, nothing Rosco, but also not mint, no mods, no colour DMD's etc, standard games. Other than Flash Gordon which has had the works done, new playfield, restencilled cab etc from Keith.

I've just gone through and priced where I think they might sit in today's market. Let's see if we agree

I like the sound of this game mate 😃 I'll have a go tomorrow when I'm on my laptop as can't see sigs on my phone for some reason 👍

@roadshow16 here's my thoughts on prices:
  • Roadshow - £.3.5K to £4K
  • Creech - £4K to £4.5K
  • Flintstones - £2.5K to £3K
  • Demoman - £2.5K to £3K
  • STTNG - £3.5K to £4K
  • HS2 Getaway - £2.5K to £3K
  • Fish Tales - £2.5K to £3K
  • Jackbot - £2.5K
  • South Park - £3K to £3.5K
  • F14 Tomcat - £1.8K to £2.2K
  • Flash Gordon (restored) - £4K to £4.5K
  • Centaur - £3K to £3.5K
  • Paragon - £2K to £2.5K
  • Barracora - £1K to £1.5K
  • Meteor - £1.5K to £2K
  • Star Trek (I've assumed this is the Bally one) - £1.5K
  • Phoenix - £1K
For a total of between £42.3K to £49.2K :thumbs:How close did I get to your numbers?

Nice mate 🙌 very close.

Obviously I'm basing it on the actual machines. The Centaur also went through Keith, it's actually his profile pic, not a full restore but very nice.

Good work though mate, on the same page!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-20-10-05-53-116_com.miui.notes.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-20-10-05-53-116_com.miui.notes.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 88
It would be interesting for someone newer to the hobby to give their thoughts as I wonder if someone with less experience buying and selling games than me or you (or just generally having less time in the hobby) would price things differently?

If anyone wants to do the same for the games in my sig then feel free :thumbs:Some less common stuff in there so might be a bit trickier to price?

Agreed mate. It's weird, not sure whether being in the hobby for so long skews my thoughts on pricing.

What do you think @Hullshark? Would you have priced any of them differently Wayne? Or anyone else?

Someone have a go at Chris' list, fun and maybe helpful game 👍

It would be interesting for someone newer to the hobby to give their thoughts as I wonder if someone with less experience buying and selling games than me or you (or just generally having less time in the hobby) would price things differently?

If anyone wants to do the same for the games in my sig then feel free :thumbs:Some less common stuff in there so might be a bit trickier to price?
Just briefly looking thru, I’d add a £500 to FS, STTTNG, DM and SP, based on recent sales/ asking prices. Don’t know if this would be the same throughout.

Not selling up mate, just thought it was a worthwhile conversation, esspecially as mine are primarily Bally/Williams games which is where prices seem the hardest to guage 👍

Is that southpark potentially for sale? :D
Unfortunately not mate, it's actually going to my 9 year old nephew for Christmas, he has been super keen on the machines recently, esspecially the one that farts 🤣

I will keep you in mind if I do move it on though, esspecially as your local!

Unfortunately not mate, it's actually going to my 9 year old nephew for Christmas, he has been super keen on the machines recently, esspecially the one that farts 🤣

I will keep you in mind if I do move it on though, esspecially as your local!
No worries, id appreciate that :)

Agreed mate. It's weird, not sure whether being in the hobby for so long skews my thoughts on pricing.

What do you think @Hullshark? Would you have priced any of them differently Wayne? Or anyone else?

Someone have a go at Chris' list, fun and maybe helpful game 👍
A few on there that surprise me.
Can't believe FS is now a 3k game. I bought and sold one for 1.9k about 18 months ago on here.
Have prices gone up that much.
Same with FT, I wouldn't want to pay 3k for that, but obviously all these prices are dependant on machine condition.
And I don't think in the 3 years I've been on here I've seen a machine sell for 1k, although I'm sure people will now produce a big long list of things gs that have passed me by.
What is driving the prices up? Is it the hike in the NIB prices that then filter down to the 2nd hand market?
How much was a NIB Stern Pro in 2018? It's now 7.4K

I think the greater concern here is in the event of anyones sudden death, their partner selling their games for what they told them they paid :rofl:
Well they were all £600 when i bought them... however because pinball prices have gone through the roof they are all worth <insert actual prices here> ;)

I think the greater concern here is in the event of anyones sudden death, their partner selling their games for what they told them they paid :rofl:
I've got a couple of good friends to step in and make sure they will be sold for a fair price.
I think the wife will be pleasantly surprised as she has no idea of there true value.

@roadshow16 Craig you would get more from me :-
  • Roadshow - £.3.5K to £4K
  • Creech - £4K to £4.5K
  • Flintstones - £3.5K
  • Demoman - £3.5K
  • STTNG - £3.5K to £4K
  • HS2 Getaway - £3K
  • Fish Tales - £3K to £3.5K
  • Jackbot - £2.5K
  • South Park - £3.5K
  • F14 Tomcat - £2.5K
  • Flash Gordon (restored) - £4.5K
  • Centaur - £3.5K
  • Paragon - £3K
  • Barracora - £2K
  • Meteor - £2.5K
  • Star Trek (the Bally one) - £2.5K to £3K
  • Phoenix - £2K
So a total of around £54K but would probably make more

Congo receives a premium in my view due to reduced numbers as you say from parting out, they are out there but the numbers have dwindled. I think you will be lucky to find someone who will let it go for £3K

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom