What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Dr Dudes on EBay both currently at £1020.
The better one sold recently at around £2k but now back on again. The other one looks manky and probably a heap of trouble!

Is the seller of this a member on here ?
Claims to be home use only and one owner.
Many Thanks
View attachment 151600
No dont think he is its his son selling on his behalf due to moving i was tempted as always fancied a St but not had the spare time to pop and see it, and decided think i will hold out for a nice Gb to pop up 😆 as i love the game but not really a massive Trekkie

Just looked and it’s ended. I knew a guy called Andrew Smith who had a Star Trek but not sure if it’s the same guy. (Andrew S in display).
Why do you ask?
I have done the deal on it, just wanted to see if he was on here or if anybody knows anything about it.
You know what eBay is like, half of them are scams.
It's a 2.5hr drive each way, I hope it's a genuine nice game and not some old banger.

Anybody know the seller of the Time machine on ebay? Got a Batman for sale too. Says he is well known to the community but I don't recognise the username.

I have done the deal on it, just wanted to see if he was on here or if anybody knows anything about it.
You know what eBay is like, half of them are scams.
It's a 2.5hr drive each way, I hope it's a genuine nice game and not some old banger.
I hope it’s not faded like it appears to be on the photos. You can see the sun beaming in to that side on the other photos.

I hope it’s not faded like it appears to be on the photos. You can see the sun beaming in to that side on the other photos.
I hope not, it's hard to get any info, will just have to do the drive, he said it's a very nice machine and described correctly.
But if it's not as I expect I will walk away and have no problem if he wants to leave negative feedback.
Nothing worse that getting a machine that you are not happy with. It should be mint if he has had it from new.

I hope not, it's hard to get any info, will just have to do the drive, he said it's a very nice machine and described correctly.
But if it's not as I expect I will walk away and have no problem if he wants to leave negative feedback.
Nothing worse that getting a machine that you are not happy with. It should be mint if he has had it from new.
As a seller he can only leave positive feedback so no problem in walking away from it

Just picked the eBay Star Trek up and for the first time I am happy with a eBay pin !
It's like new, still has the goody bag, not a mark on the back.
He said they had it new and was also setup for them, whoever did it would remember the house as it was like a stately home with a mile long drive and bronze statues all over the grounds.
IMG20211101180119.jpg
IMG20211101180548.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've agreed the price with the guy but there is something wrong about him. Sends same messages few times, avoiding answers, provided his own email for communication... etc. I would be very careful.

I've agreed the price with the guy but there is something wrong about him. Sends same messages few times, avoiding answers, provided his own email for communication... etc. I would be very careful.
It could be him trying to avoid eBay algorithm from picking up a sale outside of their platform. But yes could also be a total scam.

Low feedback score as @AlanJ pointed out.

Exactly. He agreed to process the whole transaction through ebay but then stopped responding when I've asked him to add "make an offer" option
If it is legit then agree on the price and make sure you're the highest bidder and have him end at that price and bill you the rest (settle to full amount on collection). Sometimes revising stuff can be a right PITA so maybe he'd go from there. If it is in Ireland then that's another problem again.

If your Spidey-sense is tingling then be careful, webslinger...... (yeah, I know, wrong game.)

You could ask him to duplicate the listing as a Buy it Now at the agreed price. I wouldn't count on being protected though just because it's through eBay. Once it's been collected by your courier he's covered.

You could ask him to duplicate the listing as a Buy it Now at the agreed price. I wouldn't count on being protected though just because it's through eBay. Once it's been collected by your courier he's covered.
Thats exactly what I've done. Either to add "make an offer" option or create new listing. No communication since then. Better leave it. I'd love to have TZ. One of my holy grails, but maybe next time.

**** me. Someone paid over £7K for that?!?
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 18.39.41.png
The best part of £8K with that amount of cabinet fade? Yikes. Maybe someone keen to get rid of some Bitcoin bucks.... or launder some cash. That would make sense I 'spose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom