What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them sell it on there own it’s well presented but it’s rusted to **** I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole , some mug will buy it fail to fix it and list it later this year for half as much I reckon it’s going to cost fortunes for a fairy Average game

"As found in a house clearance". Might this become the most valuable Elektra of all time ?

Look what they sent me about the original sale.
Screenshot_20210302-215847_Gmail.jpg

I've put a bid in to £1k next bidder please..

@Arv and @Pinnovice - that doesn't really solve the problem, these are bids that could win it and take it home....

Surely the person to take the hit is the one who bids £10k and potentially trashes their ebay account with the negative feedback?

He still stands by his guns that it was a clerical error and not in the name of greed.

Legal Wise : They offered an item, at a price. You accepted and paid. Therefore you should get the item. Contract is formed. If they said the item was damaged theen they would have a reason to cancel the sale, however they have made clear that they have cocked up.
Real World : They will do what they want as they think they can do what they want.

The above applied especially if they have a retail shop/establishment

If they listed it wrong, it is THEIR responsability to have sorted that prior to sale.

They offered (Invitation to treat), you accepted and paid. Contract in place.

Sellers can’t leave negatives. It’s happened to me many times where there’s no contact from winner, all eBay say is send them a message.no matter how long it’s gone on. You just have to cancel sale and realist for refund of sellers fee. eBay used to say they’d list a black mark against buyer but you need several before they’d consider suspension of account.

Ebay will side with a seller of that kind due to the amount they sell.
Its looking like all I can do is leave a negative review after 7 days.

I've had an idea about how we could help get this pin back to it's rightful owner Wintonmartin.

Realistically this pin shouldn't sell for more than £900 in it's current state, if there was 20 of us on here who were willing to donate £28.75 each, that would cover the difference of £575.

Wintomartin paid £325, combine that with £575 would give him the £900 he needs to win.

If it goes for more then £900 then Wintonmartin could decide if he wanted to pay the difference or we could donate a little more each.

It would be great to see some justice for Wintomartin and bring some faith back into the community.

What does everyone think?

@8bit-1up If you're all upbidding the auction then it's going to sell for more than £900 though isn't it? A nice gesture but not very realistic I'm afraid.

I'm sorry you missed out on the Electra @Wintonmartin, another game will come along for you, don't give the seller the satisfaction anymore, they're sadly just a bunch of bums

@Arv and @Pinnovice - that doesn't really solve the problem, these are bids that could win it and take it home....

Surely the person to take the hit is the one who bids £10k and potentially trashes their ebay account with the negative feedback?
You cannot leave negative feedback on a buyers account.

If you're all upbidding the auction then it's going to sell for more than £900 though isn't it? A nice gesture but not very realistic I'm afraid.
I couldn't possibly something as sketchy as this, but I will.

Unless all the sh1llerz here pull their bids last minute. The seller probably thinks, "I'm gonna make a killing!". Prospective bidders will have passed it up and stayed out of the way, Bids get pulled, leaving all but Winton to hopefully take the pin to victory....

hqdefault.jpg

Or the seller gets miffed at the pesky time wasting sh1llerz, shame.

That's a very thoughtful gesture. I'm more than happy to pay more for it. Just the seller has it in his head that it's some super rare antique and he's gonna get 1400-1600 for it.

I don't think justice will be served as it will sell in the end, and higher than the initial price.

I'd still like to get my hands on it but thought you have to request from the seller to cancel the bid?

That's a very thoughtful gesture. I'm more than happy to pay more for it. Just the seller has it in his head that it's some super rare antique and he's gonna get 1400-1600 for it.

I don't think justice will be served as it will sell in the end, and higher than the initial price.

I'd still like to get my hands on it but thought you have to request from the seller to cancel the bid?
You have the sellers address, go down and collect your machine.
I would.

I'll be retracting my bid before the 12hr deadline maybe the rest will do also. Who knows...

Original price was fair for a barn project.

More than that, it's a money pit.

No picture of back of backglass - looks like it's delaminating - can't fix that. Look closely, it's a mess.

Rust everywhere, non-working, playfield wear.

Who knows if any boards work.

Very easy to overpay on projects.

Be patient and you will find better than this.

Hes hoping for the moon on a stick I feel if hes wanting £1400 for one in unknown state such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom