What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebay keeps saying that sales are legally binding - I would contact ebay and complain, and also remind the seller that Sales are legally binding, and they cant just change their mind because they feel like it.
ooh - Plus if you have paid a contract is formed... therefore Legally they are obliged to supply at the price they set.

Ebay keeps saying that sales are legally binding - I would contact ebay and complain, and also remind the seller that Sales are legally binding, and they cant just change their mind because they feel like it.
Reality is eBay don’t really care, they would have collected a fee off that sale, that’s all they are bothered about.

I do a lot of business on eBay, time and time again eBay just wash their hands if there is an issue thankfully I’ve only ever had 2/3 issues over the years that had to go through eBay, both times eBay sided with the buyer even though I had photos time stamped and even they admitted the buyer was full of ****, but ultimately they didn’t care, luckily one chancer was fairly local so I just popped to his house and sorted that on the door step.

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. I have emailed the seller and reported them via ebay. Lets see what happens.

Whats even more frustrating is that I received an email from their courier to say its all in hand!!!!

Rule of thumb. Never ever tell people what you've won until it's sitting in your house. There are some right snakes around that will gazump you.
Arv that is the perfect statement, eBay is a total minefield I despise it nowerdays. Sorry to here you were gazumped. I saw a creech on Facebook the other week. Within minutes the lady had 4K plus offers with only afew photos . I believe a Yorkshire chap was driving to her house as she messsged me . He had cash on the hip and wheels , right place I guess

I'd like to think that isn't the case as everyone on here seems decent. I guess I'll be careful in future anyway.

They've said their expectations are 1400-1600 and have been offered 1000 and turned it down!

Surely the staff know what they're doing to put it online at that price, then accept it, then arrange delivery!

The seller of the Elektra is a house clearance outfit.

They offered it up with rubbish photos and description. The price paid reflected that buying it blind represented a gamble. Complete ? Woodworm ? Horrendous corrosion ? Cut wiring looms ? Missing game specific parts ? Any or all could apply.

Now, there will be decent house clearance organisations. But house clearance - mainly dealing with recently bereaved relatives, or elderly citizens being moved into care homes - is not an industry which is synonymous with sound ethics and good corporate behaviour.

I'd be surprised if the buyer gets his hands on that Elektra at the agreed price.

If folk on here feel inclined to show solidarity with the buyer, they might contact the auction house with offers in excess of £2,000. Not that I would condone that sort of thing

Just rang the company that’s selling the Elektra on eBay and asked what the situation is with the pinball machine? I was informed by the salesperson on the phone that someone made an offer of £700 after it sold - they’ve now decided to list it on auction later tonight.

I think what happened is someone tried to guzump Wintonmartin and it alerted them that they might have something that’s worth a lot of money, so they’ve decided to list it on auction and hopefully sell it for more.

Jokers!!
I won it on ebay the second it was posted as I had refreshed my search and it appeared. I've not shared it elsewhere and they're not advertising it elsewhere else so that must only mean one thing......

Nice investigation work @8bit-1up

Last edited:
Could be a member or someone looking in, either way what a tosser if that’s what’s happened.
1614694940939.gif

Just rang the company that’s selling the Elektra on eBay and asked what the situation is with the pinball machine? I was informed by the salesperson on the phone that someone made an offer of £700 after it sold - they’ve now decided to list it on auction later tonight.

I think what happened is someone tried to guzump Wintonmartin and it alerted them that they might have something that’s worth a lot of money, so they’ve decided to list it on auction and hopefully sell it for more.

Doesnt matter what platform it is - Illegal.

Wouldn’t surprise me if someone has tipped them off when it sold cheap, it happens within our very own community when one person will tell another what to pay for a game but then tell them something completely different when it comes round to selling It in the hopes they snag it cheaper off them in the future.

yep claim through ebay, and paypal if paid via that method. Guess you will probably just get your money back.

If they list it copy the ad and send as evidence to ebay, the seller might just see sense and send it as not worth the hassle and bad marks etc

Good luck, looks decent

I've been going back and forth with the seller and he confirms a number of people called up to offer way over the odds. He still stands by his guns that it was a clerical error and not in the name of greed.

If someone did do it, then its also their loss because it'll go to the wolves and most likely go over the odds of what they offered.

It has been refunded but yet to receive something from ebay. From what I can see they can cancel it up to 30 days aslong as its not been posted? He has said ebay have sided with him and hes done nothing wrong.....

Same thing happened to me a few months back, just gotta roll with the punches and try for the next one, sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't.

I've been going back and forth with the seller and he confirms a number of people called up to offer way over the odds. He still stands by his guns that it was a clerical error and not in the name of greed.
Yet he won’t sell it to you as agreed? That my friend is greed right there.

You say it’s a bargain...... but a project machine is an expensive thing.
Case in point, my £50 Gottlieb Rocky.
Prices below includes shipping

Machine (missing legs and backglass) £50
New backglass £300
Backglass trim and second hand legs £85
Correct coindoor £60
New rubbers, drop targets and general service items £190
Board repairs £??? Maybe £200 don’t know yet.
If the displays don’t work then I’m gonna smash it up with an axe but they are about £300 plus.
Hundreds of hours of labour priceless

So I’m in to this “bargain project” to the tune of almost £900. Assuming that is the board repairs don’t run me even more and the displays fire into life!!

Cheaper obviously if you have skills to repair boards yourself.

How much even is a Rocky worth in players condition? Maybe £1500.... maybe!!!!

just a little perspective from a bargain machine owner

Well.......I emailed them this morning about a courier and they said it was booked in. I've just had an email from someone else to say it was meant to be listed as an auction. They have cancelled and refunded. I expect it to be relisted.
Annoyed and gutted!

Well.......I emailed them this morning about a courier and they said it was booked in. I've just had an email from someone else to say it was meant to be listed as an auction. They have cancelled and refunded. I expect it to be relisted.
Annoyed and gutted!
Gutted for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom