What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad truth is, that is considered relatively cheap (unfortunately as my first bop was £400!!)
So you almost just have to say you’ll have it without seeing pics. Then when it’s showing as sold get the pics sent to you. If it’s not what you thought it was condition wise, back out of the deal.
Good advice i didn't think of that

Yeah @CHRIS B PINBALLS will tell you. When a cheap pinball machine is offered for sale. Your inbox goes nuts. Why would you **** about taking pics of the chewing gum stuck to the bottom when the next guy says I’ll get it tonight no questions asked. Be quick or be dead!!
Bang on Gaz
If you said you where having it then I sent you pics and you change your mind sadly you would go on the bared list

Barskits. Another FB new member, it's still live at the moment too. Confirmed FISHY.
Same as the BSD the other day.

2021 account.
Unreasonably reasonable price.
Images in some light industrial unit.
Long wait times on replies.
Desires contact via email then never gives you an email address.

Same as the BSD the other day.

2021 account.
Unreasonably reasonable price.
Images in some light industrial unit.
Long wait times on replies.
Desires contact via email then never gives you an email address.
Is the email part to keep conversation off of the place the item is for sale I.e Facebook/eBay etc, so there is no official chain,

Is the email part to keep conversation off of the place the item is for sale I.e Facebook/eBay etc, so there is no official chain,
1614461481411.png

One can only guess. He isn't getting my email address.

Yeah that's probably true. On the older games they will just put you on a list and start phoning around to try and get one. I would feel a lot more confident at getting my money back from HLD than a 23yr old in a bungalow in Great Yarmouth though :)
HLD customer service is shocking, I had the misfortune of buying a mame arcade machine from them, went to their show room, the sales guy wouldn't show me the one I drove 3 hours to look at and kept trying to sell me one 3x more expensive, took a month to deliver (which is fine) however missing the keys and couldn't get into it, endless calling and empty promises, they could't be bothered to check it before it was shipped. 3 months chasing them and nothing, in the end posting negative reviews on-line got a response, but by then it was too late as it was in storage due to re-location. I ended up drilling out the lock myself. Based on my personal experience i doubt you would get your money back.

HLD customer service is shocking, I had the misfortune of buying a mame arcade machine from them, went to their show room, the sales guy wouldn't show me the one I drove 3 hours to look at and kept trying to sell me one 3x more expensive, took a month to deliver (which is fine) however missing the keys and couldn't get into it, endless calling and empty promises, they could't be bothered to check it before it was shipped. 3 months chasing them and nothing, in the end posting negative reviews on-line got a response, but by then it was too late as it was in storage due to re-location. I ended up drilling out the lock myself. Based on my personal experience i doubt you would get your money back.
Crickey thats terrible customer service ,i was thinking of ordering im from them as pinball heaven don't have one .Defo a rethink on that one. cheers for the warning Chris .Has anyone else had a bad expierience with HLD?

Bit of a gamble that one. I bought a Genie in similar condition. Needed pretty much everything.

At 325 you should be OK though. Backglass is bubbling. Main playfield is beneath a thick layer of clear plastic and is normally mint on these games. Mini PF looks quite worn so she will have had a lot of use. The metal is corroding - I fear you will probably need to clean a lot of it..

6 flipper game will cost a lot in (surprisingly expensive) flipper rebuild kits, as I suspect they will be very sloppy.

But a wonderful title. Space theme is just perfect for the speech roms of the day.

One of the very last proper ballys before the cost cutting began.

More pics. Keep us informed !!!

Yea spotted a few of the issues and happy to get stuck in if the main parts are there. Looks like it just been abused and the seller has no idea about these things due to the type of photos. The lower level playfield has wear around the eye and I can't seem to find any reference to overlays online apart from the top half.

Plenty of info on here and pinside so should get there, with a few grey hairs!

Will do a shop log when I get it and make a start on it!

Well.......I emailed them this morning about a courier and they said it was booked in. I've just had an email from someone else to say it was meant to be listed as an auction. They have cancelled and refunded. I expect it to be relisted.
Annoyed and gutted!

Last edited:
Well.......I emailed them this morning about a courier and they said it was booked in. I've just had an email from someone else to say it was meant to be listed as an auction. They have cancelled and refunded. I expect it to be relisted.
Annoyed and gutted!

Ebay keeps saying that sales are legally binding - I would contact ebay and complain, and also remind the seller that Sales are legally binding, and they cant just change their mind because they feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom