What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

So - £100 for the manual.
£10K for the game.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Oh - would you give a guy £10K for an Addams family when he can not spell FAMILY.

Never even noticed the screws in the lockdown bar. What is that.
It has been turned around 180 degrees.

Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 23.17.05.png

Oh - would you give a guy £10K for an Addams family when he can not spell FAMILY.
I wouldn’t buy anything down this way, we just had an mot inspector here for my sons car after the torsion bar fell from the rear axle 6 days after the mot and sale!!!
Rotten axle plus other things and very dangerous, as with most cars these days they look good on the outside.
The father of the lad who sold my son the car was the MOT tester🤬
Also known to the inspector WTF.

The TAF has no wheels so might be ok but a pat test might be a good idea😂

I wouldn’t buy anything down this way, we just had an mot inspector here for my sons car after the torsion bar fell from the rear axle 6 days after the mot and sale!!!
Rotten axle plus other things and very dangerous, as with most cars these days they look good on the outside.
The father of the lad who sold my son the car was the MOT tester🤬
Also known to the inspector WTF.

The TAF has no wheels so might be ok but a pat test might be a good idea😂
im a mot tester by day and if the tester sold you the car what he tested /or not as the case my be then he's in more trouble than a pinball flipper on here

im a mot tester by day and if the tester sold you the car what he tested /or not as the case my be then he's in more trouble than a pinball flipper on here
😂 Crazy that he would be in more trouble for the financial thing than safety, my bro-in-law has a garage down the road and when we put it on the ramp☹️
We did give him a chance before my son reported it to sought out a refund but he didn’t respond.
He is a farmer and has a MOT test/garage on the farm that is in the middle of nowhere with race tracks around and does mot’s one day a week🤔

What I am shocked that does not happen on this group is say six members buy a machine each (or put one in from their collection) worth say between £2K and £3K. Everyone swaps games around every six months. In that time, the current keeper pays for upkeeps like bands/coils/lamps and if anything big goes - then thats a discussion to have with the owner. This way is nobody gets 'ripped off' as they are in effect not loosing out ever.
I think that does happen more than people realise.

I've had WPT, GoTLE, IM, I500, and currently STTNG in on loan

With some of my machines going out to other people. Definitely a good way of experiencing different games without the issues surrounding buying and selling.

Well this got a tad out of hand quickly!

Lots of ideas floating about, and lots of opinions of what a game is worth, based on how good it is, or it’s condition/work that needs doing to it.

The Taxi on Ebay, I think is one of the Duncans on the group.. and at £2600.. he’ll I’m tempted! It looks to be in good shape. Really looking for a Diner tho.

I have seen, and I like that some sellers put a game on here and let it ride for a Month or so.. if it doesn’t sell at the price they want.. then rightly so, put it on EBay/ Facebook for what they want... more if they think they can get it... the group had its chance!

There is a lot of price police on here.. but not all of us have the income of some members on here, that if they want to move a game on for a good price and can afford to be a Good Samaritan, then it’s up to them.. someone buys it on here , but then wants more when they sell it, they shouldn’t be chastised for it.. I think it does come down to jealousy In part, didn’t have the money first time round and now do but want it at same price as before.

When reselling a going rate mark up - I see no problem With. - I’m not talking prices like Home Leisure & Games Room.. but they have overheads to pay for, and I doubt that they tell the customer that the resale value is going to be half of what they pay... or wait 10yrs and it will be worth what they have paid 😂

With NIB now running in the 10K - 12.5K, it’s absolutely no surprise that lower games are becoming more in demand- pushing up prices.

How are people going to get new games, or the games they want if they can’t afford to buy and are constantly taking a hit to sell at a below market/ demand value.

I have sold a few games on here, or to group members that have then sold them on 1-2yrs later at a £1.5-£2k + mark up as demand has increased so price has.. fair enough I say..
and I have come to realise that if I want that title back I will have to come up to new price.

Hell, I sold a NIB TBL for £2500 LESS - with demand sky high and skip of the wait list of 8months. Could have got full retail price for it.

Example - GBLE - £8000 (2016)Topper £300,

Demand now - LE £9000 with Toppers going for £2000 alone -
am I going to sell the game for £7000 or £8K - what I paid for it.. with the topper to then go and buy a new LE or CE and have to then put another 3- 5.5K in when I could just be putting in 2.5K max.. sorry no.. not anymore, I can’t afford to do that.

Wonka CE- £12500- 2 sold on group for £8500 via Chris B! AMAZING PRICE! a £4.K hit after 6months WOW! I was tempted to sell mine as didn’t get the rules.. glad I didn’t. Have now learnt the rules and so have many others and Wonka is now sold out in US across all models and people are scrambling to get one, and will hopefully hold a better value so that now I don’t take a £4-5K loss on one game.. I can’t afford to loose that.

I bought a BM66 LE Topper for my Catwoman- paid £2700 for it (maybe more with import and shipping) That was they guys price and I accepted that as I wanted it.
I get remarks about it - because in people’s (well 1 😉) opinion I am a sucker or an idiot for
Paying that amount.. well there are more of me out there! Just look at what toppers are selling for now!

I have sold a GB topper for £2K + postage to AUS - that’s $4000 for a topper! and just sold my BM66 Premium topper to US for £1000+Postage! (I paid £500 all
In) - $1750 - for a topper that was originally $399

These have now of set my BM66LE topper to a level I am happy to pay for it.

Guess what I’m trying to say is that I know it’s a hobby, but people should not be expected to take a loss of £1000’s because it is. And if they don’t have to!

Like it or not, Pinball is now a rich mans game..

How many members on here got their games for a song way back when.. £800 MM, £400 TAF’s, £600 WW’s. And far more at far less..

Do you think that they have sold them for what they paid, I would happily pay £2k or 3 K more than they bought it for right now! I would still save £1000’s!

I maybe wrong, but I think a lot of group members have managed to trade over the years with games they paid £100’s.. not £1000’s for so have managed to get newer titles due to that.

Maybe people would have less of a problem with a mark up if the seller who bought it from here listed it here again at whatever price they want? That way anyone who owned it previously could discuss in the classified section if they have a problem with the price. Going straight to eBay without listing it here suggests that the new seller knows fully well that they are mugging off the market (not saying that's always the case) but if that was a rule set in stone there would be less people feeling like they got mugged off.

One of the biggest issues in the hobby, going back since I started over 10 years ago, is that everyone expects to 'get back what it owes me'.

No idea where this first came from, but it's been one of the reasons why games keep going up and up.

It's one thing to overpay for a working machine that's been done really nice, but the machines being advertised as non working or having faults are going for silly money, hopefully it all calms down in a few month's

It's one thing to overpay for a working machine that's been done really nice, but the machines being advertised as non working or having faults are going for silly money, hopefully it all calms down in a few month's
That BOP just went for £1300+ although by the sounds of things, it was essentially working - just had a wire crossed or something. I'd love a semi-project for a reasonable price, especially bally/williams

That BOP just went for £1300+ although by the sounds of things, it was essentially working - just had a wire crossed or something. I'd love a semi-project for a reasonable price, especially bally/williams
I was hovering around offering £1400 at the death.

Great price for whoever got it, assuming it's in good shape. The images left a lot to be desired and I got no response asking for better ones. Had I got them I might have gone in.

I haven't bought many machines but I've bought enough broken ones to know to look at them before I buy them.

Anyone want a Maverick for 2.5? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maverick...652322?hash=item2f54c4e362:g:ZasAAOSwvypgMsma 😆

I was hovering around offering £1400 at the death.

Great price for whoever got it, assuming it's in good shape. The images left a lot to be desired and I got no response asking for better ones. Had I got them I might have gone in.

I haven't bought many machines but I've bought enough broken ones to know to look at them before I buy them.

Anyone want a Maverick for 2.5? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maverick...652322?hash=item2f54c4e362:g:ZasAAOSwvypgMsma 😆
I bid up to 1251, that was my limit on the bop

Anyone on here manage to get the Williams Diner on Facebook?

Spoke to the guy that sold it and he said someone from London bought it.
I’m messaging the person that allegedly has it now in London. I’m waiting on more photos of it. I have my reservations as the only photo I got sent was the one in that advert with everything in the background cropped out.
If this comes to fruition, I will post details (as I’m also looking for a Diner)

might have been taken down mate cos i know the one you are talking about and it's not coming up anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom