What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 41CA39A7-123D-420A-824B-2AF39507796D.jpeg
    41CA39A7-123D-420A-824B-2AF39507796D.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 61
It looks like I have upset a few people which was never my intention, so the first thing I want to do is apologize for that.
I don't want to go into all the details, I have had to raise some extra cash after not getting paid on a job that started in December, this is like £13k
So the last few weeks have been a bit of a panic, I listed the car on ebay to start with, they I had a email from ebay about free listing and thought I would try it.
I have always sold games on here before this and and have always lost money, I sold the first Aerosmith to Big Bear at £4500 just 3 months after I had it, all my other Games apart from Elvis have sold at a loss, I have always spent a good £500 plus on these games, a few orders from Marco, full premium LEDs from Pinball LED, powder coating and thats £500 gone.
I am sure you can find the sale posts and see what I have sold games for in the past.
As for ebay the asking price was because its ebay, I asked for £5k got offers of £3k and would except £4k, today when I woke up I had a email from my old boss that can give me half the cash for the bathrooms we have fitted, so I then removed the Spiderman listing as now have a bit more time.
I have not had one message about this until today, any of you could of sent me a message, even on the Facebook group, I was in a panic and just wanted to list some stuff on ebay and get some cash in the bank as fast as possible..
I used to get notification from the sales page, the sales page is saved to my favourites and now I get a link and then have to look through every sales item for pins, the site is not working like it used to.
I have never bothered too much about the price I sold games for, I have sold games back to people at the same price such as Ironman to Lee, I then sold the Walking Dead LE to Chris same price I had it from LEE, I also sold Lee a real nice Sopraons for £3k, I paid 3k then fitted a new plastic kit, red powder coating, side blades and other bits, I know that game is still on here in a happy home as I offered to buy it back.
Games like Woz I lost £1000 on each one I had with those bloody light boards, I am not in this hobby to flip a game and make money.
I have not read all the pages of posts as I really dont want to see how many people I have ****ed off.
Many Thanks

It looks like I have upset a few people which was never my intention, so the first thing I want to do is apologize for that.
I don't want to go into all the details, I have had to raise some extra cash after not getting paid on a job that started in December, this is like £13k
So the last few weeks have been a bit of a panic, I listed the car on ebay to start with, they I had a email from ebay about free listing and thought I would try it.
I have always sold games on here before this and and have always lost money, I sold the first Aerosmith to Big Bear at £4500 just 3 months after I had it, all my other Games apart from Elvis have sold at a loss, I have always spent a good £500 plus on these games, a few orders from Marco, full premium LEDs from Pinball LED, powder coating and thats £500 gone.
I am sure you can find the sale posts and see what I have sold games for in the past.
As for ebay the asking price was because its ebay, I asked for £5k got offers of £3k and would except £4k, today when I woke up I had a email from my old boss that can give me half the cash for the bathrooms we have fitted, so I then removed the Spiderman listing as now have a bit more time.
I have not had one message about this until today, any of you could of sent me a message, even on the Facebook group, I was in a panic and just wanted to list some stuff on ebay and get some cash in the bank as fast as possible..
I used to get notification from the sales page, the sales page is saved to my favourites and now I get a link and then have to look through every sales item for pins, the site is not working like it used to.
I have never bothered too much about the price I sold games for, I have sold games back to people at the same price such as Ironman to Lee, I then sold the Walking Dead LE to Chris same price I had it from LEE, I also sold Lee a real nice Sopraons for £3k, I paid 3k then fitted a new plastic kit, red powder coating, side blades and other bits, I know that game is still on here in a happy home as I offered to buy it back.
Games like Woz I lost £1000 on each one I had with those bloody light boards, I am not in this hobby to flip a game and make money.
I have not read all the pages of posts as I really dont want to see how many people I have ****ed off.
don't think you've ****ed off many people mate, a lot of the blustering is discussing what rules could be put in place to protect the community from chancers in the future in an attempt to keep the og's from losing faith in new members cutting a good deal and running.

As the buyer of Robert's much maligned Woz (subsequently sold on from here) can I just note for the record that you couldn't get anyone less suited to the description of being a 'flipper'. Robert was very straightforward to deal with and went out of his way to explain his many Woz-related trials and tribulations, the opposite of 'talking up' the price or chancing his arm.

I am personally not interested in profiteering from any member on here, BUT I'm not sure how it's feasible, or workable, to mandate some kind of "good conscience profit limit" on buying and selling things on here. Who decides what a "fair" profit is? How long does someone have to own a pin before they can move it on with a clear conscience?

As @robertlucas1970 highlighted above - people can find themselves in circumstances where they need to sell something quickly, that they genuinely weren't planning to sell and may even have promised the seller that they weren't going to sell it (for what that is even worth). Without the benefit of knowing the circumstances, which are none of our business, one might come to the wrong conclusions.

If someone is in the business of buying and selling pins, it'll be obvious pretty quickly and members who are selling pins can decide whether they want to sell their pins to that person.

At the most fundamental level people ought to list things on here for a price they are happy with. it's admirable that people are looking to do other members a favour, but once you've sold that pin it is ultimately that persons to do with as they wish, including selling it on for more money. I don't think you can really control that and you'll only stress yourself out thinking about it, I think.

People will only pay what something is worth.... Simple as. Was one of the ideas behind the new classifieds.. if something hasnt sold in 30 days then either 1) it's priced too high, or 2) not as desirable as the seller thought.

but once you've sold that pin it is ultimately that persons to do with as they wish, including selling it on for more money

Unfortunately i agree - and again i would argue that FB and Ebay are the avenues that cause most hassles. Not saying all is plain sailing on here, however i like to think that it is a little easier to get a smooth transaction.

This isn't an example of that though. I played this machine 6 months (ish) ago and it wasn't a barn-find. It was pimped, rebuilt, no damage to doc-oc, powdercoated, new coils, LED's & playing beautifully.

I'm pretty sure if Robert had have popped the advert on here for £4k listing the new upgrades then it would wouldn't be an issue. It's only the fact it pooped up on ebay at £5k rather than being offered back into the community that was the issue.

The pin was great, nobody would of done anything to this, but I cant help the way I am and I wanted it better. I get more enjoyment out of doing the work on these, before I even picked it up I had parts on the way from Marco, Pinball LED and Pinball Mania.
It had LEDs, but I like the ones from Pinball LED, have fitted those in every game now.
It was the best condition used pin I have every had, but I still wanted to do some work on it, I even replaced the screws, posts and washers.
So doing all this was my choice, it didn't need this doing because most of it had been done.

This is how it was, nothing wrong, but I just wanted to make it shine.
IMG_20201107_071236747.jpg

I started to replace all the metal bits which I could get
IMG_20201107_074617963 (1).jpg
IMG_20201111_192224752.jpg

Lots of little things like the shooter lane protector
IMG_20201111_192304469.jpg

@robertlucas1970, I lost a job a few years ago and was really up against it financially in a very short time, so I sold my pins on here. My Funhouse was like new and my Ripley's was excellent, it was very difficult to let them go but that's what I had to do.

I always knew I would get another pin someday, and the time is now, there is hope.

Not mine and the one I sold came with a boat load of extras not listed, had a new topper with decals which weren’t listed. And lots of other bits and bobs. This is the guy with the very nice BSD too.

What's the thoughts of that IJ on eBay £6650 I knew that machine holds a high popularity but seems a little much with a cab more faded than acid wash jeans.

Many Thanks

I'm sorry if you've fallen on hard times and apologise if I've been insensitive at a difficult time.

Fair play for fronting up and coming back onto the site.

@robertlucas1970, I lost a job a few years ago and was really up against it financially in a very short time, so I sold my pins on here. My Funhouse was like new and my Ripley's was excellent, it was very difficult to let them go but that's what I had to do.

I always knew I would get another pin someday, and the time is now, there is hope.
Good times come and go, they always do,
I'm sorry if you've fallen on hard times and apologise if I've been insensitive at a difficult time.

Fair play for fronting up and coming back onto the site.
Thanks, I had no idea this was going on until I got a txt message today.
My last post was looking for Rocky pinball, but so much has changed in such a short space of time.
I did have a quick look a few days ago to see if anybody had a wanted add up for a Spiderman, I still dont know my way round this update to the forum which must of turned the email notifications off.

People will only pay what something is worth.... Simple as. Was one of the ideas behind the new classifieds.. if something hasnt sold in 30 days then either 1) it's priced too high, or 2) not as desirable as the seller thought.

Not entirely convinced those are the only two explanations. I’ve stuck several machines up over the years and had zero interest. Relisted 6 months on and had several people biting my hand off to get them. We’re selling to a relatively small pool of people. If their games rooms are currently full or they’ve just bought something else then things hang around. Timing plays a big factor.

Strikes and Spares on ebay for £2K - is it just me or is that total madness.....

The £9,995 ToTAN.... which the guy adds - 'kept the cabinet art original'... how is this a £10K game?

On FB Market place, chap in Coventry selling a Party Zone at £2750 and a Roadshow at £3250. Funnily enough his posts start with the line 'how much is this worth' - not one answer to these questions was £2750 or £3250. PZ to me is a sub £2K game. I really like it - I would want it for around £1500 with that horrid lockdown bar drilled into each side of the cab.

Here's a suggestion - might be bollx, dunno:

If you offer a pin for sale on here at a good 'forum community' price, then clearly state that in the ad, and point out that the prospective buyer will be expected to offer it back on here first should they decide to sell it in the future. I would hesitate trying to tie them to the same price because a) prices move with time, b) pins go in and out of popularity c) repairs, refurbs, quality mods, etc. all add value. Damage, faults, wear and tear all reduce value.

Maybe this is already the rule - but it aint written down clearly anywhere? is it???
Alan - I really like the stuff you post one here and facebook. But I think this is absolutely impossible to do. In the ideal world it is incredibly moral. But lets say I buy on here and sell to a mate, then they post it for sale... Does it come back and haunt me if they ask £1K more?

What I am shocked that does not happen on this group is say six members buy a machine each (or put one in from their collection) worth say between £2K and £3K. Everyone swaps games around every six months. In that time, the current keeper pays for upkeeps like bands/coils/lamps and if anything big goes - then thats a discussion to have with the owner. This way is nobody gets 'ripped off' as they are in effect not loosing out ever.

Strikes and Spares on ebay for £2K - is it just me or is that total madness.....

The £9,995 ToTAN.... which the guy adds - 'kept the cabinet art original'... how is this a £10K game?

On FB Market place, chap in Coventry selling a Party Zone at £2750 and a Roadshow at £3250. Funnily enough his posts start with the line 'how much is this worth' - not one answer to these questions was £2750 or £3250. PZ to me is a sub £2K game. I really like it - I would want it for around £1500 with that horrid lockdown bar drilled into each side of the cab.
Never even noticed the screws in the lockdown bar. What is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom