What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh ok, well yes glad to steer clear then. Looked nice enough but I hate that feeling of getting into a pin sale and having a bad vibe

Eight ball deluxe ltd edition on ebay.

Question: Does the head come off easily like a normal pin? And is the head in one or two parts?

Question: Does the head come off easily like a normal pin? And is the head in one or two parts?
It's in 2 pieces, can be a little bit of a ball ache compared to normal pins but nothing horrific at all, just a bit strange

Ive fitted one on it's side with the top part of the head removed in a mk4 astra estate before,it's heavy with the extra wood on the rear but easy enough if you have help loading/unloading

shame the front of the cab has been hacked about and an extra coin door ect . added

Largest mass produced pinball of course. It would seem due to weight of em parts Bally Big Foot would have been slightly bigger and of course the magnificent marble machine was huge!

I was looking at that and thought it strange, looks like it could be in HLD warehouse in Bristol unless someone else in Bristol deals in pins etc.

High Speed on EBay finishes today.

Currently £1242 and as far as can be seen from the pics it could be quite nice, however it is an import with the wrong beacon and it’s a zero feedback seller.

Best of all though is the mains light fitting with incandescent bulb fitted inside the middle of the cabinet next to the transformer! :eek:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174600190208

Looks like left slingshot plastic has been replaced by a home made effort. No clear pic of playfield but doesnt look too bad.

It would make a great first pin but the "works as far as I know" statement is probably putting people off. It must be too much of an effort to play a game and find out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was looking at that and thought it strange, looks like it could be in HLD warehouse in Bristol unless someone else in Bristol deals in pins etc.
JNC and AMR Amusements are both in Avonmouth, could be one of those?

In the 90s and early 00s JNC especially used to have dozens and dozens of ex site pins in stock, and exported lots back to the US.

I think both firms are still there, but very few pins nowadays.

JNC and AMR Amusements are both in Avonmouth, could be one of those?

In the 90s and early 00s JNC especially used to have dozens and dozens of ex site pins in stock, and exported lots back to the US.

I think both firms are still there, but very few pins nowadays.
Possibly, but still strange that he is not technically minded to answer questions considering where it is?
Must be someone there that knows something.

T2 bust would make a great topper on Facebook

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

Possibly, but still strange that he is not technically minded to answer questions considering where it is?
Must be someone there that knows something.
Maybe....but I doubt there's anyone at most coin op dealers who'd know the first thing about 1981 Bally pinballs to be honest.

If it IS in fact JNC, I bought a Flash Gordon from them in 1988, and would probably have expected someone knowledgeable to be there back then! :p

The auction may be phrased that way to make sure the buyer knows its sold 'as seen' with zero warranty, comeback or help provided once sold.

Or it’s someone playing dumb and it’s well ****ed
Yeah too many people do that or don’t mention something that you should know about especially on eBay.
There was a jukebox on there not long ago that I bought, near Bristol funnily enough that I took back pretty quick as it was ****ed.
Seller knew it and turns out it wasn’t the first time he has done that and in the amusement business. Tosser.

Looks like left slingshot plastic has been replaced by a home made effort. No clear pic of playfield but doesnt look too bad.

It would make a great first pin but the "works as far as I know" statement is probably putting people off. It must be too much of an effort to play a game and find out.

I sent the guy a message for some extra pictures but he said he will send some if he gets back home because he is stuck in the snow and he did say he is listing a eight ball champ in a few days.
To much of a gamble for me to bid and not know how to fix the bad bits

“Works as far as I know” = it doesn’t work, and/or I’ve already found out that repairing it will cost too much, otherwise I would’ve done it already.

See also: “Should be an easy fix” (it won’t be)

only because i put in a last second bid of 1,400 but someone had already bid that. ha ha i should have done 1401 but to be honest i was a bit flustered as got waylaid putting my bid in, and only just made it . 😂😂. i had budgeted a few £100 on top to sort out whatever problems it had so 1400 was as far as i wanted to go.

only because i put in a last second bid of 1,400 but someone had already bid that. ha ha i should have done 1401 but to be honest i was a bit flustered as got waylaid putting my bid in, and only just made it . 😂😂. i had budgeted a few £100 on top to sort out whatever problems it had so 1400 was as far as i wanted to go.
Well you gave it your best shot

OMG that Atari Hercules. Very interesting TNT video about it here ...

To repair the underside of the playfield you have to lie beneath it and open up the "floor" of the cab. Presumably hot solder can then land in your eyes if you get carried away/ unlucky.

The pinball is a cue ball.

Absolutely ridiculous.

“Works as far as I know” = it doesn’t work, and/or I’ve already found out that repairing it will cost too much, otherwise I would’ve done it already.

See also: “Should be an easy fix” (it won’t be)
Well the pictures show the displays working so it is definitely booting.

There may have been other issues but 1400 was a pretty reasonable price.

I would definitely have had a punt if I hadn't already had one[emoji16]

OMG that Atari Hercules. Very interesting TNT video about it here ...

To repair the underside of the playfield you have to lie beneath it and open up the "floor" of the cab. Presumably hot solder can then land in your eyes if you get carried away/ unlucky.

The pinball is a cue ball.

Absolutely ridiculous.
there was one on Burham on Sea Pavillion and Weston Grand Pier at one point so must have been a few in the UK. Must have all been scrapped as never saw one for sale in this country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom