What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big b'ball guy so was always drawn to that Stern. Never seen one for sale though.

And yeah that Star Trek is hilarious. 3m power lead ffs

Man and I thought Home Leisure Direct wanted too much for theirs. They had one for like 6k. Looked in the same condition as this one as well!

It’s supply and demand. Many more machines over in the USA. I don’t think they’re that much cheaper, esp once you’ve added in the cost of usa-uk shipping, import vat and onward shipping to you in the uk. Then you have a bit of work to convert to 230v.

Prices have risen for sure in UK, due to a number of factors:
a) increase in demand as pinball has grown in popularity, more barcades opening helping to promote pinball and also using up some of the stock of available pins.
b) Lockdown effect. people wfh/furloughed with time to have a go at a project.
c) Increase in the number of man caves as people convert garages and install ‘sheds’ and then want to put in some ‘toys’.
d) Rising prices of spare parts, and NIB machines. caused by general inflation and changes in vat rules, etc.

I cannot list one reason that prices should fall. if inflation took off and interest rates shot up, then people would be selling their doo-dahs to pay the mortgage, similarly, if we got a hike in income tax rates. But if either of those happened, most of us won’t be buying either, we’ll all be selling!

Depends what your buying... Maybe for NIB but older machines are more expensive then the UK

Europe Sterns hold value and older machines increasing in price...

UK probably the cheapest country to get machine from.... Mainly because of people being tight...

People have to face the fact the hobby is growing, the demand out strips the supply... So old bangers will only continue to go up in value... So every machine is worth saving now

So a lot of people on here are going to upset soon when their tightness stops them buying games 😂

Is the new normal buy a machine, clean the glass, put on new flipper rubbers and relist it for £500 more?
There is something more to this, as yes i agree the quick wipe over with a yellow duster and new rubbers has always been a "thing", maybe it is supply and demand with a hefty portion of price gouging, whatever it is then it has stopped me looking now. Just have to be content with the ones i have, until this madness ends, or get out completely, oh my, i never thought i would say that.

Taxi
Pinball Machine - Williams,

Price: £ 750

Stevenage.

Photos do little to describe machine - classic 'just a fuse' - but maybe worth a punt. I'm out of room else I'd be sniffing....

Sent from my FP3 using Tapatalk

I'd have been all over it if I had a Facebook account, was 100 miles closer and had seen the ad when it first came out[emoji1]

Its a great game though. Would have another if the opportunity arose.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Within 1 minute, Gumtree Taxi guy probably had about 1,000 desperate emails from 100 foaming at the mouth buyers

Reactions: Arv
What is this 'Gumtree Taxi Guy' referance I keep seeing. Some insiders joke no doubt? 😅

I’d have that f2000 but i really can’t fit another machine in. Not unless i rent an industrial unit!😂

But, on the other hand.... that 8 ball deluxe LE is calling out to me. 😂😂

Thanks - I do have a Totan. Re-decal this bank holiday weekend. I have been toying with brass or inclux plating hardware but now not convinced.

It will be for sale once Re-decal.

I live way up North but have a small holiday home near Crewkerne, but being a 1st floor flat in a listed building I don't think that I could submit the downstairs neighbours to it (otherwise I would have put in a cheeky bid myself). A friend who lives down there alerted me to it; he's a regular auction-goer but he has no interest in pins. Glad it may go to somebody on the group..
Went for £180. So ~£250+ after all costs - which is way more than what I'd bid, with the amount of work needed my £95 was way off.. dodged a bullet methinks!

Sent from my FP3 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom