What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2021 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised if the winning bidder or bidders get them! someone else will message and offer more money! Happened to me with a vintage fruit machine a couple of weeks ago, it was a bin auction, I bought paid messaged Martin, seller was silent, next day a refund with " sorry we needed collecting sooner" I found out they sold it for 3 times the bin price
the fruit machine world has become dog eat dog especially on facebook

I am not into fruities but am curious.

What has happened to fruity prices ?

Quite a few commentators think we are sat on serious inflationary pressures ...

I am not into fruities but am curious.

What has happened to fruity prices ?

Quite a few commentators think we are sat on serious inflationary pressures ...
Like Pinball, they're still arcade related. Pinballs sat next to videogames, which sat next to pushers and pinballs. So there's nostalgia at play.

Most modern arcades are now tickets only, not cash. You know - 3,000,000 million worthless tickets for a pencil sharpener, that sort of thing. I don't see the fun, or point.

However, while Pinball has seen a resurgence with new games & themes that appeal, and they're increasingly seen as better than the older games (rules, not build quality), fruit machines definitely haven't - they have basically turned into the same thing over and over, getting steadily worse - endless Deal or No Deal clones. I haven't touched anything made since 2003, and glad.

If you think about playing a game on 20p a game/spin/play - set to £6jackpot... your stake to jackpot ratio is about 30x (20p x 30 = £6). That was fun - you'd get some game for your money, few wins, a bit of 'action', and if you lost £5 you didn't feel (too) cheated as such. You'd find little tricks yourself, or someone would show you one they'd learned (like 3 holds, or holding after nudges, using the cancel button to slow down skill features). 5p / £6jp games were often poorer as you had x120 ratio. Nowadays you have 50p play, but £100jp. That's x200. Then add to the mix any possible chink in the armour of modern gaming code is rapidly shared and exploited via the internet these days, so unless you're in the know, there is literally no point playing them, let alone any fun from doing so. And if you do you can easily lose SO MUCH MORE in a very short space of time. So you walk away feeling cheated and frustrated, not "well i've had an hour of fun and spent £10 in the process, oh well".

So the older 80's-90's and some early 2000's games have become much more popular. Because they did have little tricks (which everyone now knows thanks to emulation), they were fun to play, lots of feature variety, could be unpredictable, and it's still fun to have a big arcade-grade novelty money box in your house, just like a Pinball.

Just my opinion.

...and i WISH i'd known about JPM 'numbering' back then! The number of emptiers being found on older games through emulation is astonishing. Just search fruit machine emptiers on YouTube.

Last edited:
Like Pinball, they're still arcade related. Pinballs sat next to videogames, which sat next to pushers and pinballs. So there's nostalgia at play.

Most modern arcades are now tickets only, not cash. You know - 3,000,000 million worthless tickets for a pencil sharpener, that sort of thing. I don't see the fun, or point.

However, while Pinball has seen a resurgence with new games & themes that appeal, and they're increasingly seen as better than the older games (rules, not build quality), fruit machines definitely haven't - they have basically turned into the same thing over and over, getting steadily worse - endless Deal or No Deal clones. I haven't touched anything made since 2003, and glad.

If you think about playing a game on 20p a game/spin/play - set to £6jackpot... your stake to jackpot ratio is about 30x (20p x 30 = £6). That was fun - you'd get some game for your money, few wins, a bit of 'action', and if you lost £5 you didn't feel (too) cheater as such. You'd find little tricks yourself, or someone would show you one they'd learned (like 3 holds, or holding after nudges, using the cancel button to slow down skill features). 5p / £6jp games were often poorer as you had x120 ratio. Nowadays you have 50p play, but £100jp. That's x200. Then add to the mix any possible chink in the armour of modern gaming code is rapidly shared and exploited, so unless you're in the know, there is literally no point playing them, let alone any fun from doing so. And if you do you can easily lose SO MUCH MORE in a very short space of time. So you walk away feeling cheated and frustrated, not "well i've had an hour of fun and spent £10 in the process, oh well".

So the older 80's-90's and some early 2000's games have become much more popular. Because they did have little tricks (which everyone now knows thanks to emulation), they were fun to play, lots of feature variety, could be unpredictable, and it's still fun to have a big arcade-grade novelty money box in your house, just like a Pinball.

Just my opinion.
"....novelty money box in your house, just like a Pinball."

GASP! That ban talk mister!

I guess there is a small element of skill in some fruit machines. They are AFAIK divided into 2 types. SWP and AWP. Skill wins paid and All Wins paid. The former mean there are features like numbers on the reel and some kind of "Trail" where you can boost your wins with a little skill. AWP is just "these combos pay this"

I guess there is a small element of skill in some fruit machines. They are AFAIK divided into 2 types. SWP and AWP. Skill wins paid and All Wins paid. The former mean there are features like numbers on the reel and some kind of "Trail" where you can boost your wins with a little skill. AWP is just "these combos pay this"
SWP = Skill with Prizes. Genuinely skill, in theory you could win every game. Quiz machines were in this category.
AWP = Action with Prizes. There's stuff to do and interact with while it tries to take your money, but you are in with a chance. Almost all regular fruit machines are AWP. This is subdivided into Lo-Tech and Hi-Tech. Lo-techs are the simpler BarX type, straightforward and little to learn or do.

Last edited:
fruit machines prices are up because of supply and demand 80s fruits are hard to find and the prices on eBay and facebook are being manipulated by a hand full of people 90s fruit machines are good to play especially jpm and electocoin and now are changing hands at strong money after 2000 fruit machine became boring and after 2015 they need a Dongal to work and are really boring I like to look at pinballs but deep down im a fruit machine guy

which machine are you looking for ?
A handful of my favourites and the ones I used to own but sold for a pittance a few years ago.

Big Bucks, Big Banker, Big50, PowerSpin and Astra Ready to Roll.

A JPM badge and a grey cabinet seems to add a grand to prices these days. It’s bewildering exactly why. Probably just supply and demand as you say.

https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...-even-the-dreaded-facebook.49283/#post-402224

i‘d love to know who’s rigging the prices too…

Last edited:
fruit machines prices are up because of supply and demand 80s fruits are hard to find and the prices on eBay and facebook are being manipulated by a hand full of people 90s fruit machines are good to play especially jpm and electocoin and now are changing hands at strong money after 2000 fruit machine became boring and after 2015 they need a Dongal to work and are really boring I like to look at pinballs but deep down im a fruit machine guy
What are the good machines to buy for someone who wants just one for the house but has never really played them before but likes all the flashing lights?

My mates used to be utterly addicted to fruit machines back in the 90's. I never played them as I never had any money but I enjoyed watching. Same thing with the pinball machines too.
Been offered one to pick up this weekend, but wasted so much money on them in my teens and early 20s, can't bear to look at them now.

Used to be the flashing lights and the lure of picking the pattern or learning when it's going to pay. Shudder.... I understand why you'd want one, if you'd not had a problem with them in the past. Great fun,until they aren't. Safe at home I suppose.

"Surf Champ pinball machine made in USA 1976 fully restored to collector quality...." £2,999.00
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164861331229

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 22.43.02.png

notodrugs.jpg

Been offered one to pick up this weekend, but wasted so much money on them in my teens and early 20s, can't bear to look at them now.

Used to be the flashing lights and the lure of picking the pattern or learning when it's going to pay. Shudder.... I understand why you'd want one, if you'd not had a problem with them in the past. Great fun,until they aren't. Safe at home I suppose.
Gambling has never had any appeal to me whatsoever. There is a bit of nostalgia there and I suspect these things will become legislated out of existence sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom