What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me sir.

Eve bought this on the day (didn't find out until later on) didn't want to curse it as the blokes had people asking to sell it for more.

Picked it up today:

IMG-20201212-WA0001.jpeg

Ah cool, it's hard to tell when some one is joking or not without a smiley ;)

Anyone seen these on Costco?

Seem very expensive compared to builds ive seen from @pickholder and others listed.

Dave.
They are not instore - custom order.

Built in the UK -

Sure I can match the price :) :) :)

Any one know this seller? Mate of mine will be bidding: -

1969 Bally King Tut Pinball Machine Rare | eBay
Does look pretty tidy, if 10p/3 games was its last pricing then not operated for a good while too! I'm a big Zale fan but wonder if he was cajoled into doing the two "jumbo flipper" games within his successful run of Zipper Flipper games for which he's well known. Good luck to your mate if he's still bidding, it's getting pricey :thumbs:

Just a heads up ,i know a mention of the johnny memonic for sale in Penzance has been mentioned before but as im in Plymouth i thought i would check it out .The guy rang me after i left him a mail but sounded like he was abroad going through an exchange.(he spoke in broken English)The line went dead when i asked about batteries and he called back with a response almost like hed asked a mate.I said i would like to view as im local and he said he would check his schedule and get back to me Funny he never did please do not give him a deposit .

Just a heads up ,i know a mention of the johnny memonic for sale in Penzance has been mentioned before but as im in Plymouth i thought i would check it out .The guy rang me after i left him a mail but sounded like he was abroad going through an exchange.(he spoke in broken English)The line went dead when i asked about batteries and he called back with a response almost like hed asked a mate.I said i would like to view as im local and he said he would check his schedule and get back to me Funny he never did please do not give him a deposit .
Nice one

Can you tell a newbie like me what's wrong with it

There is playfield wear around the fish inserts. To be honest it's a very common problem with this game and you're more likely to find it than not. Here is a more obvious example of the same wear:

1608576736253.png

You can see that the fish inserts (stickers basically that sit over the transparent plastics that allow the insert lights to shine through) are rectangular. Wear happens and the top and bottom of these, and then continues.

Buyer beware on that fish tales...

View attachment 128499
Isn't this @MarkS 's one? was discussed here about how much it was worth i think he said he was going to try ebay?

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-how-much-is-this-table-worth-thread.5286/page-87

Yes that is my one.... as discussed by many people on that thread! I actually relisted it to get a £1 selling fee offer on eBay.

I'm not sure why it's "buyer beware", I've been 100% honest about the condition on the listing with loads of photos, just as I was on here when I asked for opinions. There's not much more I can do than spell it out... it plays 100%, but it's not a mint condition beauty you would want to caress and take selfies with all day. I bought it from someone on here, it was serviced by Andy at Pinball Mania and plays fast and well... I've put new rubbers in and you get what you see. There's no topper and the cabinet is faded, but equally there are no rusting wire forms like the last one that sold on eBay for £2400. I think if you want a mint one with topper you'd be paying more like £3000-3500? If anyone thinks there is something else I should be mentioning then please feel free to say so, I won't be offended even though you might not have commented on the original thread when I asked for opinions ;)

The values here ranged from £1200-2500. I had offers of £1200 to £1800 - that's why it's on for Best Offers and I can see what's offered... no point saying £1200 is there, I'd buy it back off myself at that price! :)

Yes that is my one.... as discussed by many people on that thread! I actually relisted it to get a £1 selling fee offer on eBay.

I'm not sure why it's "buyer beware", I've been 100% honest about the condition on the listing with loads of photos, just as I was on here when I asked for opinions. There's not much more I can do than spell it out... it plays 100%, but it's not a mint condition beauty you would want to caress and take selfies with all day if that's what you're into. I bought it from someone on here, it was serviced by Andy at Pinball Mania and plays fast and well... I've put new rubbers in and you get what you see. There's no topper and the cabinet is faded, but equally there are no rusting wire forms like the last one that sold on eBay for £2400. I think if you want a mint one with topper youd' be paying £3000-3500? If anyone thinks there is something else I should be mentioning then please feel free to say so, I won't be offended even though you might not have commented on the original thread when I asked for opinions ;)

The values here ranged from £1200-2500. I had offers of £1200 to £1800 - that's why it's on for Best Offers and I can see what's offered... no point saying £1200 is there, Id' buy it back off myself at that price! :)

I don't think you've overpriced it mate. It'll sell.

There is playfield wear around the fish inserts. To be honest it's a very common problem with this game and you're more likely to find it than not. Here is a more obvious example of the same wear:

View attachment 128505

You can see that the fish inserts (stickers basically that sit over the transparent plastics that allow the insert lights to shine through) are rectangular. Wear happens and the top and bottom of these, and then continues.
Thanks for the info

I'm not sure why it's "buyer beware", I've been 100% honest about the condition on the listing with loads of photos, just as I was on here when I asked for opinions. There's not much more I can do than spell it out... it plays 100%, but it's not a mint condition beauty you would want to caress and take selfies with all day. I bought it from someone on here, it was serviced by Andy at Pinball Mania and plays fast and well... I've put new rubbers in and you get what you see. There's no topper and the cabinet is faded, but equally there are no rusting wire forms like the last one that sold on eBay for £2400. I think if you want a mint one with topper you'd be paying more like £3000-3500? If anyone thinks there is something else I should be mentioning then please feel free to say so, I won't be offended even though you might not have commented on the original thread when I asked for opinions ;)

The values here ranged from £1200-2500. I had offers of £1200 to £1800 - that's why it's on for Best Offers and I can see what's offered... no point saying £1200 is there, I'd buy it back off myself at that price! :)
Mark, your one doesn't look that bad, nowhere near like the example

I'll give you £1850 😉 (seriously)

Further to this, I live in Penzance and have asked to come and have a look at it. Not heard back yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom