What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The seller has quite a large and good feedback score, so that's a plus.
Re the £200, there are a lot of timewasters so maybe he's trying to see if serious. Having said that, I'd phone and talk to buyer before sending ANY money.
Looks like a shill bidder. Ended at 2.6k and resisted immediately

Definitely no reserve on that. They didn't get back to me on a shipping quote either, so I'll be steering clear this time.

Definitely no reserve on that. They didn't get back to me on a shipping quote either, so I'll be steering clear this time.
I asked him for extra photos of playfield wear between flippers and shooter lane which he added- but he wouldn’t take any pics of the boards on the backbox and said he didn’t want to mess on with lifting playfield up- told me he’d bought it off the FB group for £2.5k. Seems like he doesn’t know his way around a pinball machine. Could be genuine but I steered clear and bought off the forum instead as I wasn’t sure if he was scamming. Description is terrible and his replies weren’t much clearer.

I think "scamming" is probably a bit strong and doesn't really characterise what's happened here – there are a lot of eBay sellers who try listing things at a price way below what they're prepared to accept in an attempt to get people on the hook, and then shill all genuine bidders out of the equation in the closing hours for fear of letting it go "cheap".

It's unbelievably annoying but I think it's just cluelessness and a hamfisted attempt to protect an investment rather than anything out-and-out sinister.

Personally I can't imagine ever listing anything as substantial as a pinball machine so poorly though, but equally it's not lost on me that good, clear comms is a skill that not everyone has. If it was someone on here I'd like to think someone would give them a hand with pics and a description.

eBay has been a sewer since buyer feedback was removed
I had to deal with eBay recently and I asked about this and I cannot remember the BS reason they gave for removing it. All it’s done is given buyers a free pass to do what they want and simply not pay if they change their minds after winning.

eBay nowadays is full of shilling. Relisted items. 99p sales where the seller does not give a fūck, as they will just relist the thing.

Very, very nearly a waste of time.

I've been reasonably lucky over the years, with only a handful of vague nightmares from thousands of transactions, but they've made it a lot more of a lottery than it should be.

If I was starting from scratch today selling online I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Reactions: DRD
Hi did you notice that avengers go £3365 i dont know if avengers is a good game bout it seems cheap for a 2013 game

Hi did you notice that avengers go £3365 i dont know if avengers is a good game bout it seems cheap for a 2013 game
It's a weird one. I first played it at a US airport and really enjoyed it, but another example was a bit of a nightmare – ball got stuck several times in a handful of plays, which from reviews of it seems to be a failure of the design rather than operator setup. The theme will always inflate its price no matter what's wrong with it though and someone might have got a bit of a bargain there.

The main interest is from overseas, much more desired and I know of two different overseas buyers who will be interested.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to get the love in the UK.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
There's definately a bit of love for Spirit, of course it's on my grail list but I just can't warrant the money overseas buyers are willing to put up for it

Gottlieb Spirit is tempting. Got a bit of a soft spot for System 80s.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Honestly resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That spirit could be an absolute can of worms.

Seller says that he owned 2 spirits simultaneously. This game will probably have been stripped of every nice component and represent the worst of everything across the 2 games.

There was a time a few years back when strong money was paid for Haunted House and Black Hole, but there seems little love for them now. HHs in particular sit around unsold for months these days.

Having renovated a dead wide body Genie, I suspect that parts availability will be good but selling it on could be a nightmare

That spirit could be an absolute can of worms.

Seller says that he owned 2 spirits simultaneously. This game will probably have been stripped of every nice component and represent the worst of everything across the 2 games.

There was a time a few years back when strong money was paid for Haunted House and Black Hole, but there seems little love for them now. HHs in particular sit around unsold for months these days.

Having renovated a dead wide body Genie, I suspect that parts availability will be good but selling it on could be a nightmare
when I sold those 4 games for 2k there was a nice spirit and a rough spirit so your right drd one did get all the bits swopped over not buy me though I just sold them as is

Spirit is a great game, two busy playfields and lots of multiball options, not forgetting 6 flippers! :D

I think I've own mine 16 years now! :eek: I put a new PSU is it but otherwise it's still using original MPU and driver (after I'd done the earthing mods and rectified the battery corrosion).

Regarding the one on ebay, the biggest issue would be sourcing a new backglass as you can now buy new playfields. It should clean up nice. You can see the battery is still on the MPU and it has leaked down on to the backbox head holder bracket below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom