What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The all new eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2020 thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted in the back of a photo on eBay, so just for fun name that pin, no I haven’t got a clue? Just looked it up another I haven’t seen!
7A564E19-E26C-4077-BA88-7DDBC14E6ACF.png

Last edited:
Apparently the TZ sold, it sold within a few minutes of being posted.
I think the guy just wasn't aware of Pinflation
The seller posted in the comments about how it’s “not all about profit” but he must surely be trying to face it out and is secretly gutted that he didn’t list it for at least £1500 more. Probably would’ve sold just as quickly.

As said above one of these pins you see now and then that are basically great for those people with their own van who can hop straight in, like that TOM that was in that hotel.

The seller posted in the comments about how it’s “not all about profit” but he must surely be trying to face it out and is secretly gutted that he didn’t list it for at least £1500 more. Probably would’ve sold just as quickly.

As said above one of these pins you see now and then that are basically great for those people with their own van who can hop straight in, like that TOM that was in that hotel.

He can’t say he wasn’t warned. Within 5 mins of posting it I made a comment. See if he’s happy if he flips it for that profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was the first person to comment and sent a pm straight away and didn't hear anything back until last night. It may be the cynic in me but it seems a bit fishy with Wes saying that he has to approve all of the posts before they are seen by the group...

Ahh good ol' Wes. Sadly I can't get onto that group anymore as he blocked me from it because I told him to stop promoting my restoration services as if I was a huge company with hordes of staff. Instead of just one lad working from his spare bedroom. I'm certain the new posts only have to be approved so he can filter through what he wants first.

I was the first person to comment and sent a pm straight away and didn't hear anything back until last night. It may be the cynic in me but it seems a bit fishy with Wes saying that he has to approve all of the posts before they are seen by the group...

Yup, so he gets first bid!

I remember when the 747 flew over Birmingham carrying the Shuttle. I was still at school. 1983.

View attachment 112203

I was at Stansted for Enterprise's arrival from Paris.

Saw two Shuttle launches day and dawn and 1 scrub!

Also been lucky enough to visit Star City in the Russian Federation when Mir was still operational, though not as glam as NASA.
And been in the Buran in Moscow.

As Neil says....fantastic.
There is slow down HD camera footage on you tube of the shuttle engine ignition . Stunning and you can see the rockets take the weight of the orbiter.

I saw 5 shuttle launches and one landing - fantastic!

Neil.
One of each for me.
both at Kennedy, landing was much better than the launch. listening to the crew each time they passed, eventually they got the right weather and came in. The birds all taking flight and the triple sonic boom were awesome to see/hear. Watched from the roof of our hire car

The seller has been trying to sell that Fathom for years now. Pops up every now and again.

Just received this in case anyone is interested:

Closing down sale for Vintage Amusements

Hello everyone

Well, we're living in a very different world from a few months ago. When I was forced to cancel our March auction, I don't think anyone could have foreseen how quickly this bastard virus would take its toll on society. And talking of auctions, although back in March I was hopeful that we would be able to go ahead with our annual auction in November, realistically, I think it pretty unlikely.

However, I do have machines for sale - quite a lot actually, plus tons of other stuff. I'm sure some of you will have visited my Mechanical Memories old penny arcade in Brighton at some point, and some will perhaps be aware that I was planning to close down in September. Well, as the best I was likely get out of this year was the school holidays in August, I have now closed for good and most of my machines are for sale.

A dozen or so have already gone, but there's still plenty left.

I'm using this site to list some of what's available, but please note - this is NOT an auction. Everything is available for sale - make me an acceptable offer for what ever is of interest and take it away. As I'm not open now, visits will have to be by arrangement - just email me.

Of course, the location isn't ideal. One of the reasons we hold our auctions in Coventry is that it is fairly central, so for most it will be a reasonable travelling distance. Unfortunately, you couldn't get more south than Brighton - if my arcade was just a few yards further south, it would be in the English channel! So obviously, this won't appeal to many of you. If you are one of those, just drop me an email and I won't pester you with any more updates.

So I've already listed some stuff on the site, but there's much more to come. I'm hoping to have everything listed within a couple of weeks.

You'll notice that I've disabled most of the site, so that the focus is on this disbursement sale - once again, this is not an auction.

Anyway, take a look at what I've listed so far. If anything is of interest, please get in touch.

All the best

Jerry

http://www.vintageamusementsauctions.co.uk/closing-down-sale/4594979303

For a minute there i got excited about a Fathom for sale! how can that be worth £1750, let alone £2500??!!! Broken plastics, scratched glass, etc, it is really tatty. At least the battery has been changed and it is working
Wow, that is players condition. I dunno what it's really worth but if I paid anymore than £600 I'd feel done. Fathom or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom