What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2021 Festive Pinball Gathering

We're staying in the King's Head ( wetherspoons).
We're also staying at the King's Head - thought it was pretty reasonable (£72 per night for a double room), with the added advantage of food and beer on site.

Trains from London were pretty reasonable too - travelling from Waterloo on Fri afternoon, and returning Mon afternoon, was a total of £62 for 2 of us, so £31 each return.

One quick question @Moonraker - the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are scheduled until 18:00. Am I correct in assuming the venue closes then at 6pm? This is probably a good thing if so, as it removes the temptation to play more pinball instead of meeting up with my wife to go out for drinks and a meal! 👍

One quick question @Moonraker - the sessions on Saturday and Sunday are scheduled until 18:00. Am I correct in assuming the venue closes then at 6pm? This is probably a good thing if so, as it removes the temptation to play more pinball instead of meeting up with my wife to go out for drinks and a meal! 👍

Yes, all machines will be switched off except those still being used by a tournament... some tournament finals have been know to finish later than 6pm, people are welcome to remain and watch the finals.

I keep getting asked so here's who's currently registered:

Sat - Classics
Ben Leigh
Hilary Hector
Peter Blakemore
Luke Grayson
Roy Smith
Nick Hamill
Bob Marlow
Greg Mott
Clive Bush
Diane Bush
Wayne Russell
Donald Gwilym
Rich Mallett
Keith Burden
Conrad Chambers
Kevin Donovan
David Bowery
Martyn Iles
Josh Iles
Tony Molloy
The mad professor
Nick Baxter-Sibley
Jonathan White
Jim king
Graham Swaffield
Jack Burden
Dave Willcox
Wayne Russell (again)
Total: 28

Sun - Main
Ben Leigh
Hilary Hector
Peter Blakemore
Roy Smith
Nick Hamill
Greg Mott
Wayne Russell
Dave Morgan
Rich Mallett
Dan Williams
Conrad Chambers
Kevin Donovan
David Bowery
Martyn Iles
Josh Iles
Claire Lickman
The mad professor
Nick Baxter-Sibley
Jonathan White
Deb Gilbert
Graham Swaffield
Dave Willcox
Wayne Russell (again)
Thomas Evrenos
Jack Burden
David Mainwaring
Total: 26

Claire and I are around the entire weekend, but heading to London at 1500 on the Saturday.
I don't think it's worth playing in the classics as we'll miss out on a third of the rounds?
Will still come and enjoy the atmosphere and other games though.

Claire and I are around the entire weekend, but heading to London at 1500 on the Saturday.
I don't think it's worth playing in the classics as we'll miss out on a third of the rounds?
Will still come and enjoy the atmosphere and other games though.
The other 2 thirds of the rounds would be most enjoyable though...! :cool:

Machines for the weekend...

Friday Night league:
Jurassic Park
Transformers
Star Trek:TNG
Whitewater
Fathom
Genesis

Saturday Classics (all to be used):
Future Spa
Harlem Globetrotters
Dark Shadow
Space Hawks
Fathom
Nitro Groundshaker
Sinbad
Genesis
Spirit
Pink Panther

Sunday Main (Final Selections Sunday Morning):
The Simpsons Pinball Party
Jurassic Park
Metallica MOP LE
Transformers Combo LE
Star Trek:TNG
Star Wars LE
Whitewater
Monster Bash
Medieval Madness
Cactus Canyon Continued
Terminator 2
Pinball Magic
Scarred Stiff
Revenge From Mars
Twilight Zone (3rd Magnet installed)
Fish Tales
Tron
Attack From Mars

Trophies Sat and Sun:
First
Second
Third
Fourth
Best Lady
Best Junior

I'd just like to add my thanks to Peter, Moira and Hilary for a very enjoyable weekend. It was great to meet lots of new people, and I particularly enjoyed the classics competition on Saturday. The format of playing 4 player games was great fun and meant the day was very sociable. I've not been a great fan of classic machines, but playing them all day meant you got to know them, and I found myself playing several classic games between the modern competition games on the Sunday. Future Spa was particularly interesting/challenging.

Great fun, and I look forward to going to Salisbury next year, all being well.

Thanks. 👍

I totally agree with you @C&C - I really enjoyed Saturday, I hadn't expected to enjoy playing the classics as much as I did. I've never really been a fan of older games but it's definitely made me rethink! They are all so creative and different. And I think so many of us not having played those games before levelled the playing field a little bit. Peter's set up, making them so much faster, made a big difference too!

Thanks so much Peter, Moira and Hilary for having us and for hosting such a great weekend of pinball!

Aww, Peter, you Hilary and Moira put together the most excellent and fun weekend, we all needed that and I appreciate all of your hard work. The nibbles were welcome and so perfect!

XXX

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. It was an excellent weekend and it was great to see everyone enjoying themselves. All the positive comments, in person and on here does help make all the effort feel worthwhile. It's not been easy juggling my daughters needs with preparations for this event.

Well done to all the trophy winners. The results are on matchplay and should be in the next IFPA site build for those ranking points.

The results are as follows:
Saturday - Classics
1 Rich Mallett
2 Luke Grayson
3 Jack Burden
4 Nick Hamill
5 Dave Willcox
6 Peter Blakemore
6 Keith Burden
8 Kevin Donovan
9 Greg Mott
10 Bob Marlow
11 Vin Jauhal
12 Tim Thornton
13 Clive Bush
14 Graham Swaffield
15 Wayne Russell
15 Josh Iles
17 Donald Gwilym
18 Tate Young
18 Trent Hendy
20 Jim King
21 Roy Smith
22 Martyn Iles
23 Conrad Chambers
24 Hilary Hector
25 Diane Bush
26 Ben Leigh
27 Claire Lickman
28 David Bowery
29 Rhian Best

Sunday - Main
1 Jack Burden
2 Keith Burden
3 Peter Blakemore
4 Greg Mott
5 Josh Iles
7 Thomas Evrenos
7 Vin Jauhal
7 Emily Raison
9 Conrad Chambers
10 Nick Hamill
11 Tim Thornton
12 Andrew Wilson
13 Martyn Iles
14 Kevin Donovan
15 Dave Willcox
16 Martin Borrill
17 Helen Swaffield
18 Roy Smith
19 Wayne Russell
20 Graham Swaffield
21 David Bowery
22 Hilary Hector
23 Jim King
24 Jonathan White
25 Ben Leigh
26 Claire Lickman
27 Rhian Best

Thanks Peter, Moira and Gilary so much for the great weekend.

My first time at SWL and it was wonderful, so many familiar faces and new friends 😊

@Lecari did great on Saturday and only dropped down to the bottom as we had to leave and missed 3 or 4 rounds.

😁
Look forward to the next one!

I've just looked, it was 5 rounds,,! :oops:
Wow, I was spying on the matchplay page and Claire was still top lady till the second to last round I think.. Around 1700 so was thinking there was still a chance 😁
Then you kept going hah!

Back
Top Bottom