What's new

Team TNA - The UK's Total Nuclear Annihilation Pinball Club

Just had around 20 games, made it to Reactor 3 about 5 times. Still have not destroyed it, and twice out that 5 down to the last destroy target and mess it up argh.. Not stopping till I do it tonight haha

I also paid close attention to when hitting the start reactor scoop, quite a few rejects maybe 5 out of 20 hits. I noticed then when rejected it was never hit dead straight, or I hit it with the ball travelling super fast. I just say to myself that I am not hitting it dead straight enough haha.

Back to the game :)

Finally Destroyed Reactor 3 and had a like 5 shots trying to start Reactor 4's keypad then drained.

Score was absolutely terrible mind you 😂

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 19.50.08.jpeg

Though I did manage to Destry Reactor 3 quick enough to get my name on the Spped Run Champ leaderboard.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 19.50.19.jpeg

Reactor 3 Destroyed again and even managed to start Reactor 4, failed to overheat it though.

A better score this time.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 21.15.33.jpeg

Changing things up a little by keeping my eye on the ball saver timer more, and using it wisely to complete the keypad when also not in a multi ball. Started using the Tilts and keeping an eye all the ball saves in the outlines also.

im lovin the love for TNA. Not really had time this week but beers are in the fridge for this weekend. Sound system upgrade is complete and if i get a min i’ll do a vid of what i’ve been up to…

When taking a vid and uploading to you tube can i pause the vid a few times whilst i reposition and it will still play as a continuous piece ?

Reactor 5 you are in my sights buddy

Does anyone elsesometimes get reactor 2 music on reactor 1 and vice versa ?

im lovin the love for TNA. Not really had time this week but beers are in the fridge for this weekend. Sound system upgrade is complete and if i get a min i’ll do a vid of what i’ve been up to…

When taking a vid and uploading to you tube can i pause the vid a few times whilst i reposition and it will still play as a continuous piece ?

Reactor 5 you are in my sights buddy

Does anyone elsesometimes get reactor 2 music on reactor 1 and vice versa ?
Awesome sounds a great TNA weekend ahead for you.

Looking forward to seeing what you have been up to with the game on the video.

The music for each Reactor should not change I believe, though you will get new music when the Reactor is started and the value is maxed out. I have had this a handful of times, mainly on the first Reactor.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 09.43.31.png

In other news, last night I gave my TNA a clean and some new balls. So easy to work on with no annoying ramps in the way!! :D Then made the mistake of waxing it... Oh lord what have I done lol - on the flip side I immediately got the spinner rip champion!

ok - no kids - no wife - nice n loud

Amateur vid at best but easier than writing it all down. Fitted my stickers shortly afterwards. Also forgot to mention that I still had the original sub in once complete and it was acceptable. Prob could have stayed but after fitting the new one there is a massive difference in sound and quality - I also fitted ferrite clamps to the amp, EQ and Phone cables. Had to earth the amp too.

Other variables are what you have under the game and around it - like other games . I think given its no Bang & Olufsen it will never be spot on

Hope it explains / helps if you do make some changes.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Excellent video mate, nice and helpful on the audio upgrades you have carried. I'll be sure to revert back to this and ask for your opinions and help on things if or when I decide to do any audio upgrades.

I see you have got the new target decals now fitted now also, looks good.

Also see you got a Green Spooky keyring with your machine, I got an orange one.

Appreciate the feedback Scott

Yeah, I have seen a few orange now and no green. I haven't fitted the pop bumper decal as not sure I like it really. Plus the pop bumper is curved and when I tried it I got a crinkle in the decal.

Just installed the additional rubber mounts on the shaker. Glass rattle is gone , steady cabinet wobble is up and aggressive reactor destroy has gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3317.jpeg
    IMG_3317.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 2
So, 1st game today. 1st ball to reactor 3 with 4th ready to go. Next 2 balls drained away taking all my excitement with them and a sneaky 4th ball got me onto reactor 4 but as usual it was all over in a flash.

Sometimes the lighting on this game reminds me of an elaborate cocktail

I’m starting to get complaints about the sound level now 🤓

Attachments

• IMG_3367.jpeg
    IMG_3367.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3368.jpeg
    IMG_3368.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 7
Just installed the additional rubber mounts on the shaker. Glass rattle is gone , steady cabinet wobble is up and aggressive reactor destroy has gone.
If glass rattle is a problem, another solution that works (I put it on mine) is to put a length of foam tape down the long edges of the glass. I think this is what I used.

If glass rattle is a problem, another solution that works (I put it on mine) is to put a length of foam tape down the long edges of the glass. I think this is what I used.
I thought I had isolated it to mainly the top edge. Im slowly applying electrical tape in layers which is getting there but was unsure how to tackle the sides. Ive ordered this thanks and will take off mine and try again.
My shaker is set to low and also now on the double vibration mounts is no longer an issue and I get a nice wobble to the cab. My problem now is with the sound upgrade my sub is picking up so much more frequencies or able to throw them out and that is the problem. So even at low volume it vibrates more than rattles

thanks for the link and suggestions @C&C

Maybe a west London / north west and nearby areas TNA meet up towards the end of summer ?

Had a sticky left button that was slowing getting worse to the point where the button would stay pressed.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-26 at 22.12.35.jpeg

Easy fix though by removing the (factory over tightened) plastic nut and a minor sand on the button shaft.

Also had a few games and managed to Destory Reactor 3 but lasted seconds when playing on Reactor 4.

Forgot to check my Reactor Speed times but noticed that is me now registered 522 games played now.

Played around another 40 games in the past week, still failed to Destroy Reactor 3 many time. I'm getting worse, average ball time and game time is dropping 😂

Played around another 40 games in the past week, still failed to Destroy Reactor 3 many time. I'm getting worse, average ball time and game time is dropping 😂
Don’t loose hope - i’m right behind you

Did have 2 in the reactor area for a while earlier. Couple of times i got a newton ball and happening more now i’m getting a 2 ball chase around the loop

Lowered the super spinner to 25 as the rip noise now through the new system sounds great. That along with the loop sound.

Still not nailed the plunge into the reactor. Seem to get it to the right gate then it rolls back down

No hurry to play better, love playing this game though it can get frustrating at times haha.

I am ok at plunging in to the Reactor now, and not to bad when beating the auto luncher now. I find for the Super Skill shot I light up the O in the CORE, seems to be the most consistent for me. The ball landing in the C is not great, goes straight into the scoop.

Do you ever give it a nudge when it’s not gonna make the top flipper ?

I meant that don’t loose hope as i’m not improving either 😂

Do you ever give it a nudge when it’s not gonna make the top flipper ?
Yes sure do, though can result in a tilt danger as my tilt is set quite high. I have now started to make sure I use these in every game I play now though, sometimes more than I should.

At first with pinball i never agreed with the logic of nudging - Saw it as cheating.
Times have changed , with it now find myself at times slapping the flippers and yelling
Prob have to blame @Calimori for it after watching him play Creech and getting good ball times and progressing through the game more
my game time is just under 400 set on 4 ball
The first or last ball generally are my best goes

Back
Top Bottom