What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress TAF workshop

IMG_4313.JPG IMG_4314.JPG IMG_4315.JPG IMG_4316.JPG Right ok time to start got it on it's legs today and by hell its dirty so first thing let's see if it fires up after a good check over re fit a few connectors turned on and it boot up but no display and no solanoids quick check and replace off fuse 116 for the 12v and f112 and jobs a good one even the time was correct on it didn't check anything else I will do all that at the end of the workshop

IMG_4321.JPG IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4323.JPG IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4330.JPG Next thing is a good clean I don't normally do the cab first but it's just too filthy to leave till last first thing is to clean all the crap out of the bottom of the cab more spares in here than Marco after I clear the cab I needs a good vac out this brings it up really good a good clean with tfr and it's come up great a little tip I do on these hinged type is to lift the playfield forward to get better acces to the back of the cab

IMG_4325.JPG IMG_4326.JPG IMG_4328.JPG IMG_4329.JPG IMG_4330.JPG When cleaning out the cab noticed it had a counter wired in to the thing knocker pretty normal on operated games luckily enough there was enough wire left on it just to re crimp and put a new connector on I bought a full set of extraction tools from e bay they are metric but work fine

How the hell do these machines get so filthy?

I work in an environment where huge amounts of coal are imported so there's a monumental amount of coal dust in the air. The PC's at some locations at work are chock full of coal dust and I can understand given the environment; but I struggle to fathom how so much dirt gets into a Pinball machine.

IMG_4339.JPG The lower playfield was black so again a full douse in tfr I always put card and a towel in the bottom of the cab so the waste tfr that runs off doesn't swell the mdf in the bottom of the cab I start at the top and work down blasting the muck off do a good job on the inserts as this makes a massive difference to the lighting

Loving this Chris and looks a lot of spent on it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the pic of all that crap stuck to the speaker :D You may have told me this before mate but what does tfr stand for?

Chris your a machine!
can't believe how much you've already done, mind you, you do it for a living!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom