What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck in Rhodes

Sounds like what you need is another case of wine :)
It’s being smuggled in by secret passage as we speak.

And send a couple bottles next door? 😉
I was wrong. They are not Eastern European, but from an even stranger land: Swansea.

My initial assessment was actually correct-ish. they’ve both been working as cage dancers in a top Faleraki Night Club. I kid you not.

I was wrong. They are not Eastern European, but from an even stranger land: Swansea.

My initial assessment was actually correct-ish. they’ve both been working as cage dancers in a top Faleraki Night Club. I kid you not.

Did you discover that from hearing the strong Welsh accents through the wall? 😂 I don't know if I'd be disappointed or pleasantly surprised

Get me their numbers😂

I do smile @AlanJ reading your facebook posts. It is good to see that you are keeping your chin up! Not a great situation for you guys to be in.

The more I read this kind of thing, the more I think international travel has opened up too quickly.

Anyone for a Sun holiday in Great Yarmouth? Let me know and I will ask Phil Palmer to save me the sun coupons.

There is no ****ing sun in Great Yarmouth. I get out of here on Sunday and it can’t come soon enough!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guys come to Pembrokeshire, just as sunny as Great Yarmouth😂
Pinball and a pint what more do you want, get in touch if you are this way.

Track n trace rang again. total incompetence . i wound the poor guy up good a proper. to the point he was speechless and admitted he had no idea what to advice me but maybe i should call the local police😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

^ ha ha, sounds like you’re bored Alan, have you had a week in a hotel room or something

I think you should get out more 😉😂

Not long to go….

at least you won't have to isolate in the uk now,if your phone pings when you land and get off the plane

When you think about this it’s just plainly crazy. We have thousands of cases - greece has thousands of cases isolating a handful of the population is of zero benefit now. They should just put on plague class planes for people who have tested positive.

When you think about this it’s just plainly crazy. We have thousands of cases - greece has thousands of cases isolating a handful of the population is of zero benefit now. They should just put on plague class planes for people who have tested positive.

isnt that called "economy" class ?? ;) :)

Welcome back to the UK

So Alan, given you lost the gamble of going abroad what would your take be on it for other people? Worth giving the wheel a spin or is the threat of isolation too bad to take the risk? Would you consider a half term break now that your daughter presumably has some levels of immunity?

I would not risk it with unvaccinated kids who haven't already had c-19. Now both my kids have had it I would go again, as slim chance they will catch it again. My youngest who had it in January passed a neg PCR test out in Greece no problem.

I cant tell you how good it feels to be back home!

Thanks for all your support folks.

I would not risk it with unvaccinated kids who haven't already had c-19. Now both my kids have had it I would go again, as slim chance they will catch it again. My youngest who had it in January passed a neg PCR test out in Greece no problem.

I cant tell you how good it feels to be back home!

Thanks for all your support folks.

If that was the case I’d agree but by the time you go next year any immunity your kids had will be long gone and the odds of catching it again are probably closer than you think (subject to the infection rate of your holiday destination). Let’s hope they sort out vaccinations for the under 18s soon.

If that was the case I’d agree but by the time you go next year any immunity your kids had will be long gone and the odds of catching it again are probably closer than you think (subject to the infection rate of your holiday destination). Let’s hope they sort out vaccinations for the under 18s soon.

My wife’s friend is a teacher, early 40s and really looks after herself. Dedicated to fitness training, Thai boxing etc. She had COVID last year at some point and is double jabbed with Pfizer. Currently very unwell with Delta variant - not quite hospitalisation unwell, but having a seriously bad time with it and it’s lasted a couple of weeks at least.

Dealing with that at home is one thing; abroad would be a nightmare. I really miss travel but at the moment I just can’t see how it’s worth it.

Last edited:
Finally got around to downloading the tracing app on Friday. I’ve always previously figured I’d constantly be getting notifications due to travel on the tube and my work setting.

Took less than five days to get my first notification.

Anyone know if you get multiple notifications if you’ve been in contact with multiple people or is it limited to one per day?

Back
Top Bottom