What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Street fighter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
EcstaticSlimyJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

When did you tell me you had a bad back... could you screenshot that part of the conversation and show everyone....and if not to far please come and collect it i live in queensferry an hour drive unless using tolls (48minutes) so a return journey is 2hours... and YOUR PICTURE SHOWS IT NOT WORKING IT SHOULD COVER WINNER BUTTON JESUS!
For what it’s worth sf2 was my first machine and the car Mec gave me bother too. It’s simply a case of a little fiddling under the playfield anyone with abit of nouse will figure it out and it is entirely possible this spring was damaged in transit had the machine been tipped up or “tombstoned” as there is a smaller ball bearing in there. You collected the machine and had the chance to play it first. You really have no argument sorry.

Last edited:
Buying old games is always a risk.

Pretty much every game I have ever bought has had additional things wrong with it that I find.

As long as they can be fixed, I just fix them.

Heck, most NIB games have issues!

To save hassle, I now always video every game I sell on the day I pack it up, in case it develops faults in travel.

Oh the drama! Should have tested it when you picked it up. I remember buying a Gorgar that was sold as working, did sweet fook all when i got it home.

What did i do, i found myself a safe place and sat there crying why me, why me. Drank my soya latte, put on my skinny jeans and LGBT t-shirt.

No did i hell i fixed it and moved on with my life.

Get your toolbox out, warm up that soldering iron, find a replacement fecking battery for the multimeter, get your finest swear words memorised, procure a selection of Ye Olde Queen's Imperial screwdriver bits, and get stuck in to the discount pinball ownership experience.

Other people seem to have other ideas but all bets are off once you take it home. It's up to you to verify as working when you get it - and to inspect the machine internals for dodgy mods, warning signs or signs of wear. I wouldn't deal with someone that refused an initial inspection. My table I got was an absolute dog when I bought it, but it was a fully honest transaction and I knew all of the foibles when I slid the cash across the backbox.

And transport of a large, mechanical game that is nearing three decades old, can result in a lot of workings that were previously just holding together via rust, dirt or pure and simple pinball fairy wishes coming apart during the move. It's normal. If there was an Unobtainium part shattered in the backbox/under-playfield, or fried chips or acid damage or the like, and this was undisclosed, then it would be a different story indeed and worthy of the faffing around. But, then again, faults of that kind of expense and nature don't happen in a transportation and would be spotted during an inspection!

A spring failing - again, my own opinion - isn't even worth the time posting the back-and-forth ******** to me. Give that spring a vinegar bath, wire brush it a bit to boot, and if it hasn't vaporised as a result of that, cut it and stretch it out so that the machine is instantly playable while you wait for the replacement to arrive. Job done, all good in the hood. If a spring is the only issue with a £1100 machine even SF2 then you got a good deal in 2018.

In the words of the iconic game, Cyclone... yer pays yer money, yer takes yer chances

Last edited:
I have to say I have been on the end of picking up a pin that I felt wasn't as described, it can be very frustrating, especially if you don't have money to throw at it, I had issues with bridge rectifiers, flashers not working, etc. etc., but in the end the buyer supported with the parts and I am overall happy with how he responded in the end, and got it going with the help of the forum. Springs and a coil, aren't too big of an issue. Board stuff, that's a bit different... I am sure you will get there and hopefully you guys can put it behind you - this is a good forum and for something which is an easy fix, you can work together to sort.

Argh that awkward moment when as a buyer you get a game home and it isn't quite working as you had been told or as a seller you get a call from the buyer telling you it isn't quite working as you told them it did.
For my sins I have been in both camps.
As a buyer, I have tended to bite my lip and blame myself for not checking it more before buying.
As a seller, I have tried to offer support to the buyer to identify the fault to see if it can be fixed easily.
The only advice I can offer which appies in either camp is to try to remain courteous throughout it all.
Good night.

Thinking back he said he was going to his mates in flintshire wales on the way back.. Thats listed in shotton (town in flintshire)
And he said he collects consoles.. lots of consoles for sale

Yeah at first I was like "Nah, no way". But it quite clearly is him. He did do a similar thing with his last Streetfighter trying to sell it on the Facebook group for almost double what he got it for on eBay a few weeks later.

If it is up for £1,400 and he put a £300 colourDMD in though...

Not saying this isn't silly though.

Assuming he paid somewhere near the asking price, collected it, fit a couloir DMD , i just cant see how he can make any profit.
Complete bizarre thread from start to ............finish?

Its the fact he says he regretted selling his old street fighter and he wanted another but a week later its up for sale

Or I should say "Item updated on 16.04.2018." - he might have even listed it earlier than the 16th lol

Yeah the day after so he might of had it listed the day he got it .. the whole things just weird lol

Oh well... weird things happen in life hey.

Was he a member?

Clearly thought he could get £1500 - £1700 on it, with the DMD and make £400. What a strange... strange way to turn a profit though.

Anyway, peanut. Done now hey.

So yes i had bought a colour dmd for my previous pin which i had sold on. Got a new pin which was advertised as full working with the intention of putting the new colour dmd in and keeping. However after findi g the fault with car plunger and a few other minor faults. ( and fixing other issues myself) bulbs out refitting rubbers etc etc. I decided to give up on it aftdr spending a good 6hours in the garahe working on it what i was told was FULL working pin. So yeah i fitted new dmd told the new buyer exactlt what the issues where and he paid it. I didnt make ANY profit on it i wanted a full working pin... so all this talk about buying and aelling on is rubbish.. no profit made i just wanted something working which is not what i picked up.... and yeah i advwetised it quickly with it not working as i wanted to fit the dmd and move it on so i cam get a full working pin Simple really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom