What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Street fighter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upload a picture of the broken springs, seems strange that the day i took the pictures it worked :/

Theres pictures online of street fighters on and the car isnt covering it, upload a pic of the springs damaged.
I offered you a refund this morning on bringing the machine back to me but you didnt want to know so no

Theres pictures online of street fighters on and the car isnt covering it, upload a pic of the springs damaged.
I offered you a refund this morning on bringing the machine back to me but you didnt want to know so no
So im to use my petrol and time to bring back a faulty pin? Petrol is free nowadays?
I believe martin charges £75 to deliver i wonder if he will do it for free? .. i hope admin see all this and can show how you have lied to everyone and sold faulty pin....

If you wouldof even offered a partial refund for me to repair and get parts fair enough but no u expdct me to travel 2 hours to drop a pin off that was faulty from tbe start

You really are mad... The pin wasnt broke ..you live in chester thats just over half an hour away .. you turned up by yourself and even after me saying ive a bad back have me lifting the pin in the back of you car.. I offer you a refund you dont want to know.. you accuse me of being a lier too .. you need to sort your head out

When did you tell me you had a bad back... could you screenshot that part of the conversation and show everyone....and if not to far please come and collect it i live in queensferry an hour drive unless using tolls (48minutes) so a return journey is 2hours... and YOUR PICTURE SHOWS IT NOT WORKING IT SHOULD COVER WINNER BUTTON JESUS!

I told you when you arrived by yourself i said its here ready i had to get help moving it down with my bad back.. if i went to collect a machine i would ask first is there anyone to help me get it into my car i wouldnt just turn up alone,
As i said it worked.. and online theres a few not covering the winner button... i dont see why you wont send the pic of the broken springs.

EHonda-SF2-3.jpg

Hey guys - sorry to butt in, but to me as complete outsider, it sounds like this is a minor issue and a pretty cheap fix - a couple of springs. It's not like you have a major issue, set to cost £100's. It's a few quid either way.

There is now no 100% way to prove whether the fault existed before the item was collected. That opportunity has gone. The seller seems to have a genuine belief the item was fully working. The buyer could have tested it before collecting the item, but waived this right. The buyer therefore takes on the risk as soon as they put in in their car and drive away. I'm pretty sure no extended warranty or guarantee was given. As is usual in these cases, the seller has been trying to help, and has offered a full refund solution - return for full refund. This is normally the way it is done. To expect the seller to drive to collect a pinball with a minor issue for full refund is not a reasonable request IMHO.

Hey guys - sorry to butt in, but to me as complete outsider, it sounds like this is a minor issue and a pretty cheap fix - a couple of springs. It's not like you have a major issue, set to cost £100's. It's a few quid either way.

There is now no 100% way to prove whether the fault existed before the item was collected. That opportunity has gone. The seller seems to have a genuine belief the item was fully working. The buyer could have tested it before collecting the item, but waived this right. The buyer therefore takes on the risk as soon as they put in in their car and drive away. I'm pretty sure no extended warranty or guarantee was given. As is usual in these cases, the seller has been trying to help, and has offered a full refund solution - return for full refund. This is normally the way it is done. To expect the seller to drive to collect a pinball with a minor issue for full refund is not a reasonable request IMHO.
The evidence is the pictures showing the car not in its required position... so its perfectly acceptable to sell faulty equipment... no partial refund to cover parts or anythung has been offered just that i have to use my petrol and time because he lied about the pin.. a certain amoubt of trust should be given o these sites surely...

Theres no helping you atall you just keep calling me a lier.. you where going on about it going to cost £50 for a new flipper unit from phil this morning.. now the springs broke but you wont say what type they are to get some.. my head is pounding with you going round in circles

No pull back on spring all all (permanently extended as pic...

Attachments

• 20180416_190532.jpg
    20180416_190532.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 60
I can manually put it back to position by lifting playfield and positioning it but as soon as i nock car up it stays up

Both springs have very little / no resistance spring back so the contact is not touching the solenoid to reset car..

OK if the springs are rusty, then you could try sanding the rust off - this revives some of the springiness.

Nasty fix is to use part of the spring - stretch it to fit. It might work for a while, maybe weeks, months or even years.

Get a new spring. If you have the manual the part number should be listed. If not someone on here will have the manual and can get you the part number.

Or, get a box of assorted springs off ebay and use the nearest one that does the trick with the least amount of spring resistance. (If you put one in that is too powerful - it wont work, or may cause premature wear on other parts).
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Am-Tech-...301664&hash=item362a65842a:g:Jr8AAOSwEW9aZjPR

I can manually put it back to position by lifting playfield and positioning it but as soon as i nock car up it stays up

That bit is correct operation. Each time you hit the car it moves up a bit and locks into position. So you need multiple hits to reach the end bit by bit.

When the end optos are reached this solenoid is energised

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180416_02f12af92ec9e2ce8fb726089d7f1ead.jpg

It activates the cam seen in the middle of this picture.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20180416_5605f58a33f85bffa97b511c2af2460b.jpg

The shaft through the cam is then free to move to its home position under its own weight and assisted by the springs.

Operate the coil by hand to see if the car moves back freely. It’s hard to do this with the play field up as the car is not in its intended position.

If the shaft is sticky through the rest of the mountings when the cam is released then it may be gummed up and may need a clean.

Honestly I've never seen so much bother on here over a worn out/missing spring or two, absolutely crazy. 2 minutes using Google and I've found a manual which I've attached which reveals these are just standard Gottlieb drop target reset springs, part 25604. Andy from Pinball Mania likely has these on his website or if not send him an email. If it were my machine I'd just spend half hour to strip the mech and clean/rebuild with new springs and a new coil sleeve if fitted/needed. You might even get it working without parts if it just needs a clean to free things up but otherwise it will probably cost you about £3!

For the record I don't think I have ever bought a pinball machine that I haven't had to sort a few little bits on and that includes a brand new one. I've never complained to any buyer I bought a second hand machine from either because I looked at each machine before buying it. As soon as I put a second hand machine in my van then I consider any problems with it my own, it's just part of pinball ownership. Personally I'd feel embarassed to kick off in a public thread about something as simple as a sticky mech.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25604

Attachments

• Gottlieb StreetFighter2.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Honestly I've never seen so much bother on here over a worn out/missing spring or two, absolutely crazy. 2 minutes using Google and I've found a manual which I've attached which reveals these are just standard Gottlieb drop target reset springs, part 25604. Andy from Pinball Mania likely has these on his website or if not send him an email. If it were my machine I'd just spend half hour to strip the mech and clean/rebuild with new springs and a new coil sleeve if fitted/needed. You might even get it working without parts if it just needs a clean to free things up but otherwise it will probably cost you about £3!

For the record I don't think I have ever bought a pinball machine that I haven't had to sort a few little bits on and that includes a brand new one. I've never complained to any buyer I bought a second hand machine from either because I looked at each machine before buying it. As soon as I put a second hand machine in my van then I consider any problems with it my own, it's just part of pinball ownership. Personally I'd feel embarassed to kick off in a public thread about something as simple as a sticky mech.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25604

You beat me to it. 25604 is the part. I don’t have that exactly but it’s just a spring. Any drop target spring from any manufacturer will no doubt do the job.

The car mec works a bit like a silicon gun does !
To me that part of it works
The other part is the release mec ,which to me may have gotten a bit stuck !
You can release it by your finger it a memory serves me right .

Don't forget if that metal plate is stuck the coil cannot release it .

SF2 was my first pin :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom