What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Street fighter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously wanted a cab to flip easy but because you cant fix whats gone wrong you have sold it a bit cheaper :/ the rubbers came with it and now your making out it had other problems haha... If you wanted it to keep you would sort the minor flipper problem as you said the machines in great condition for its age.. funny how when the adverts are posted on forums they are suddenly sold/ deleted

So yes i had bought a colour dmd for my previous pin which i had sold on. Got a new pin which was advertised as full working with the intention of putting the new colour dmd in and keeping. However after findi g the fault with car plunger and a few other minor faults. ( and fixing other issues myself) bulbs out refitting rubbers etc etc. I decided to give up on it aftdr spending a good 6hours in the garahe working on it what i was told was FULL working pin. So yeah i fitted new dmd told the new buyer exactlt what the issues where and he paid it. I didnt make ANY profit on it i wanted a full working pin... so all this talk about buying and aelling on is rubbish.. no profit made i just wanted something working which is not what i picked up.... and yeah i advwetised it quickly as i wanted to fit the dmd and move it on. Simple really
So you bought one of the cleanest looking SF2's I've seen because you wanted one and then sold it on because of a fault that shouldn't of taken more than an hour and £5 worth of parts to fix. Yep, makes perfect sense to me. :cuckoo: On that note I might have to sell my car because it could do with a set of front brake discs and pads...:rofl:

If u didnt sell faultt goods in the first place this wouldnt happen wanted a street fighter to use not keep fixing. Anyways its gone now so i have learnt not to trust people and always check items before.purchasing now thanks to you :)

If u didnt sell faultt goods in the first place this wouldnt happen wanted a street fighter to use not keep fixing. Anyways its gone now so i have learnt not to trust people and always check items before.purchasing now thanks to you :)
Darren, this is a pinball machine. If you're not prepared to work on it, then you shouldn't of bought it in the first place. Many of times have i bought blind and had simple fixes to do on them. No biggy. I don't see what the fuss is about? It's over 20 years old and it had to ride in transport with you. It only takes one bump in the road and that spring could of broken. If you want a toy that doesn't break as often then stick to a PlayStation.

I had this same problem with a buyer. I can't stress enough how it is the sellers responsibility once they take it. Especially if you collected yourself. Check, double check and triple check on arrival. Otherwise watch videos and get plenty or pictures. As far as I'm concerned @stegrey as done is part. More than what he is required to do in my view.

Last edited:
It's a classic story of someone who really shouldn't own pinball machines buying a pinball machine. How will this tale end? Charity NLP Boxing Match?

Pistols at Dawn!

The story makes no sense to me. And to say ‘selling faulty goods’ is just crazy.....It’s a 25 year old pinball machine, not a brand new TV!

Oh and that was not a ColourDMD, as they don’t work in Gottleibs, it was probably the cheaper PIN2DMD, about £200.

I know this post is resolved and finished and nothing to do with me. But I couldn't help but laugh while looking through old sales posts and saw this
Yeah thats why i put longshot.

Unfortunately ebay or evilbay as i like to call it is full of people that buy stuff and claim items dont work so they get free stuff or money back. All gaming sites advise not to use ebay... hard when selling gamibg related items :(. Atleast in person sales can show items working and no comebacks.

For someone that has yet to learn how to say 'no, actually that's too much of a project' sometimes, I must admit I am completely unable to understand how basic fault fixing is such a trauma that it would result in this thread.

I have absolutely no comprehension of it whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom