What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Pinball - now with Video reveal

Shock horror. If distros have stock already does this finally mean the ordering blind model for LEs is thankfully coming to the end?

My kids love this show I’ve only caught the first episode of season 1. Might give it another chance.

Love the art. Looks like a fun game.
I did laugh at the Pro features vid. It is basically just the centre toy. So let's show that a few times haha. Still a cool toy though.
I really don't see why the magnet lock can't be on the Pro though. Surely it doesn't cost that much compared to the post that pops up.

Yes Neil I saw Star Wars when it first came out and loved it! 😀

Also saw Terminator originally and ET but never saw Ghostbusters (my mates went without me)!

Maybe with Goonies I was a bit older than some on here when it came out (17).

Greg - I’m bringing you the goonies to watch when I’m down for robotbash - there will be a test! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why does the dice have 011 on it? 11 or 01 would be on a d20 but not 011. Is it a reference to something?

Re. The Goonies. Really don’t think myself and Greg have missed anything there. Ditto the karate kid.

Why does the dice have 011 on it? 11 or 01 would be on a d20 but not 011. Is it a reference to something?

Re. The Goonies. Really don’t think myself and Greg have missed anything there. Ditto the karate kid.

011 is the name of the main girl character with special telekinesis powers , as she was ‘experiment child 11’ in the evil Hawkins lab

And to quote the best line of the series

‘She’s our friend and she’s crazy’

Pure genius, the whole show

I think this game looks the absolute ********, I love Eddy games and those projected images on the targets etc, the...dogs... ********...

I’m with you re Eddy games but I’m not so sure about the projected images for a couple of reasons. My main concern is will they actually look very good / bright / clear in person, but I also remember Stern making a big deal out of the ecto goggles on GB Prem / LE and in the end we got a few basic animations and not much more. Assuming it looks good, will they really put the effort in to making this something special?

Edit: Will you have one at EAG Phil?

Last edited:
I’m sure it’ll be fine they’ve had plenty of development time and talent to work it out

A bit of projector chat on IGN from Zach Sharpe for anyone who hasn’t read -

For more details on gameplay, audio and video from the show, and the projector, we interviewed Zachary Sharpe, Director of Marketing at Stern.
How does the projector work and where is it mounted? Does it work in well-lit rooms? Is it an off-the-shelf projector or custom?
The projector is mounted under the bottom arch so as a player you can’t actually see it. The effect is magical as you initially wonder how all the surfaces on the playfield are lighting up and animating. The image projects onto the whole game and on to specific surfaces where we focus images. Some of those surfaces include the big screen in the middle of the playfield, the ramps, the standup targets, and drop targets. As with any projector the brighter the room the lighter the images but the projector is pretty bright because it’s only about 26” away from the surfaces. In an ambient home or arcade environment, it shows up really well. The projector is off the shelf technology customized for Stern. We tried a lot of different routes before we found the right partner to make it happen.

The Pro has no magnet and no projector? That's a massive fail. Shame, game looks great and the show is good fun

Stern are certainly knocking them out at the moment.

presume Electrocoin will be showing one at EAG

Great show especially nostalgic for us 80s kids

look forward to playing it but the pin pot is empty!

From watching the stream this morning with a nice cup of tea, pro layout looks fun, based on the first 2 series with 6 modes each and some extra ones up the middle for the beasts. Classic center shot with drop target bank

Nice to hear mike and Brian worked with Lonnie on rules. Does look like an expansion of lonnies gotg code base to me, but that’s ok. Obvious restrictions on video assets like guardians to where you have video clips but not audio, though it’s still looks cool with the custom stuff overlaid or clips spliced together

Audio soundtrack is there which is important to. Layout defo has a retro feel with the shoot 3 times to start that arm approach. Personally I don’t see the missing things on pro being a major thing as the flow looks good on it. See Deadpool to where lack of toys doesn’t matter.

Looking forward to playing one, just wish my pinball funds were not empty 👍🏻

agree Jim, its defo Lonnie's standard code deployment, so much of it was like GOTG but, the shots look alot of fun, modern AFM/MM style game - what's not to like? Plenty in the Pro. Music is a bit samey. It could really do with some 80's music, feels like GOTG when they didn't get any of the music.

also suspect that those drops are going to be the bane of my life with this game.

When I was a kid I used to be obsessed with The Goonies. Out of all the 80's golden era cinema I don't feel it's held up in the same way as some others. I still love it but coming to it as a newbie, not sure it'd have the magic today. Karate Kid on the other hand is god tier

Back
Top Bottom