What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stranger Things Pinball - now with Video reveal

Lonnie can’t be that bad..... two Pins of his I would take in a heartbeat:-
1- Kiss LE
2- Tron LE

Been waiting to see if any new releases catch my eye.....if not, I’m seriously considering Kiss LE as my next purchase over anything else at the moment.

Also, further to the fact that lyman sorted out torn, gotg came out and was a copy and paste job from aerosmith, then mike (the play test guy) had to come up with new rules so lonnie could 'have another go'. Jees, time for him to pass the torch over, he's done. So recent form, not so much....

Also, further to the fact that lyman sorted out torn, gotg came out and was a copy and paste job from aerosmith, then mike (the play test guy) had to come up with new rules so lonnie could 'have another go'. Jees, time for him to pass the torch over, he's done. So recent form, not so much....
you should apply! working remotely of course...

@stumblor - just look at what happens when others need to get involved with a vision of something like a film though, ones I can think of that had major rewrites and director changes.

Justice League - Dawn of Justice
Superman 2
Fantastic Four 201X
Ghostbusters: Answer the Call
Die Hard 4.0

It just messes with the overall vibe of the game. One person should have creative control.

Look at TWD - code was a huge mess until Lyman got full control and saved the game, turning it into one of the very best.

@stumblor - just look at what happens when others need to get involved with a vision of something like a film though, ones I can think of that had major rewrites and director changes.

Superman 2
Fantastic Four 201X
Die Hard 4.0

It just messes with the overall vibe of the game. One person should have creative control.

Look at TWD - code was a huge mess until Lyman got full control and saved the game, turning it into one of the very best.
Lyman didn't save TWD it was clelands custom code that saved it

Superman 2
Fantastic Four 201X
Die Hard 4.0

There's no reason why a team of developers (or directors) can't turn out a polished & focused work - as long as that's the intention from the outset. In a normal dev world, the structure and vision would be provided by the team leader who would ensure than everyone keeps to the plan. Not sure who fulfils this role usually in the pinball world?

Like you point out, when it isn't part of the original plan to use multiple people it gets messy. Understanding, let alone fixing, other peoples code is twice as hard as writing it fresh - Lyman/Clelands probably invested serious hours in TWD!

There's no reason why a team of developers (or directors) can't turn out a polished & focused work - as long as that's the intention from the outset. In a normal dev world, the structure and vision would be provided by the team leader who would ensure than everyone keeps to the plan. Not sure who fulfils this role usually in the pinball world?

Like you point out, when it isn't part of the original plan to use multiple people it gets messy. Understanding, let alone fixing, other peoples code is twice as hard as writing it fresh - Lyman/Clelands probably invested serious hours in TWD!

Normally the role of 'lead programmer' would assume the responsibility for the game functions working together with the game layout designer (to some degree). Additional code support is often provided by other team members (on graphics/screens/cut pieces/sounds etc), but working under the lead programmer. Also you usually have a lower level os team to nowadys. When the lead programmer cant hack it, that's when you get into a pickle, as the main guy has to be swapped or looses the direction.

Yes picking up someone else code is never straight forward, though places like stern no doubt have strict rules on organisation/comments/structure etc (any we know how well that sort of thing works..)

Superman 2
Fantastic Four 201X
Die Hard 4.0

I get this point but it can go the other way as well. See Rian Johnson and The Last Jedi... AWFUL

I get this point but it can go the other way as well. See Rian Johnson and The Last Jedi... AWFUL

Oh don't :mad:........seething about this latest trilogy . What a f*cking car crash. It was so clearly started with NO overall vision, story, plan . Now smacks of desperately making it up as they go along and hoping to paper over the cracks enough in this last part. What a bloody shame. They had one shot at this and they blew it. Haven't seen ROS yet. Will do at some point over festive period.

I have seen the entire saga on the big screen since Star Wars back in 1978 , and I aim to finish it - even if I have to watch cringing through my fingers and with a strong drink in hand.

Anyway probably for another thread ........

My point was that all of these were awful too... Lyman only made it work as he assumed full control again.

Oh don't :mad:........seething about this latest trilogy . What a f*cking car crash. It was so clearly started with NO overall vision, story, plan . Now smacks of desperately making it up as they go along and hoping to paper over the cracks enough in this last part. What a bloody shame. They had one shot at this and they blew it. Haven't seen ROS yet. Will do at some point over festive period.

I have seen the entire saga on the big screen since Star Wars back in 1978 , and I aim to finish it - even if I have to watch cringing through my fingers and with a strong drink in hand.

Anyway probably for another thread ........

The mandalorian is good tho give that a try

But is it really Stranger Things next?

A year ago Neil was saying James Bond was next or at least coming soon......I'm still waiting.

You guys are suckered in by the bs on pinside Garry stern waffled on for half an hour about the new operating system on Thursday was bored after 5 mins
As already said next pin will be shown in vagas it will be in the UK for the eag probably shipped for jan delivery with no code and Gary will bring usb stick with code with him
Distributor stream this week I believe

Think they are all smoking weed on Pinside.
Saying the distributors already have them....
The minimum wage factory workers are awesome at keeping secrets apparently 🤫

I do like the playfield, colours and from what I can see of the mechs so far, looks really innovative for sure, good use of assets too.
Is this a Premium model.....
Who is Kaneda?

Nice bit of Netflix branding.
I’m not a massive fan of having photo mugshots of characters plastered all over a pin unless it’s done in an artful way....not a problem I guess if you love the show however......... employ an artist?
Wonder what the main decals are......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom