What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steves 55th Birthday Matchplay IFPA Tournament

steve brum

Site Supporter
There will be food at about 2pm

We dont ask for pre registration and there is no admission fee but an ideal of numbers would be appreciated!

post on this thread if you intend to take part!

Who has more details on the format? What's the minimum number of games that I could end up playing because I'm a bit crap for example 😬

Should be something like 13 rounds of Matchplay, balanced arenas, random players.

Playoff finals for either top 4 or maybe extended to extra rounds of playoffs and a top 6-8 depending on turnout.

I'm hoping turnout will be roughly 24 or so

Probably start about 12 (depending on how long it takes to wake up the local participants who literally live next door) finish at about 7?

Don't worry about being 'a bit crap' that's our general vibe around here - just about having a laugh mostly.

Ah that sounds fine. It was the 'knockout' part that had me reminiscing of a time I traveled hours for a comp and then got knocked out round one 😂

Cheers Gene. Sign me up

Yeah I just read that too, I'll have a word with the birthday boy and confirm. Maybe he has some strange idea in mind but seeing as I'm likely 'running it' I probably have some sway.

If its not the format I said then we'd probably go with 3 strikes/4 strikes matchplay or something.

I think the set rounds format is good since people are travelling from quite a way but let's see.

Would be great if you can make it @Wizcat

13 round March play

Realistically start around 12.30 as its far too early for locals to get in gear

Same format used in the last matchplay

With older games In the random mix its more "equalising"

Booked into the Abbey Grange for Saturday night, so will be there bright and early (well not sure about bright) on the Sunday.

For people coming up early, is there anything happening on the Saturday?
I assume you'll be open for a bit of practise?
Possible trip up the road to the curry house Sat evening?

Booked into the Abbey Grange for Saturday night, so will be there bright and early (well not sure about bright) on the Sunday.

For people coming up early, is there anything happening on the Saturday?
I assume you'll be open for a bit of practise?
Possible trip up the road to the curry house Sat evening?
I'm in the Abbey too Conrad, curry sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Any idea as to how late it'll go on until?
Was thinking of coming, but bit of a trek to get back to London afterwards and need to be at work Monday morning.

7pm it wound up last time

Pub and arcade open as normal Saturday 11am to 12 midnight and 11 to 11 Sunday

I'll probably open up at 10am Sunday for early practice. Bar can't open until 11am but you can help yourself to free tea and coffee

Live rock / blues covers band in main bar from 9pm Saturday

Hot and cold food Sunday at 3pm including veggie options . Serving in main bar as more space

7pm it wound up last time

Pub and arcade open as normal Saturday 11am to 12 midnight and 11 to 11 Sunday

I'll probably open up at 10am Sunday for early practice. Bar can't open until 11am but you can help yourself to free tea and coffee

Live rock / blues covers band in main bar from 9pm Saturday

Hot and cold food Sunday at 3pm including veggie options . Serving in main bar as more space
Lovely stuff; cheers Steve! I'm going to look in to hotel/travel arrangements and will most likely come 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom