What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steves 55th Birthday Matchplay IFPA Tournament

Hope you can work it out Den... did they notify you that the train you were getting wasn't running?

I actually have a ticket back from London on Saturday night from Euston to New Street, no notification or anything that it isn't running so I assume/hope it's ok?
I don't think I got an e-mail, but within the Trainpal app it showed both my trains as cancelled.
I've not re-booked via the trainline app (double the price..-() and it looks like on the Saturday Avanti run trains are o.k (or maybe just a reduced service), but sunday it's a bus home, so if your train is with Avanti you should be o.k (but I'd check online)
(screenshot below) - my train on Saturday takes me to Birmingham New street, then half hour wait before a short train to Nuneaton (never been to Birmingham before, so wondering if I can use that half an hour wait to have a quick look around - unless there's a Black Sabbath statue within 5 minutes walk, prob not worth it ha ha)

@Benleigh250 - are your trains o.k mate?

Attachments

• Trains.jpg
    Trains.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
I don't think I got an e-mail, but within the Trainpal app it showed both my trains as cancelled.
I've not re-booked via the trainline app (double the price..-() and it looks like on the Saturday Avanti run trains are o.k (or maybe just a reduced service), but sunday it's a bus home, so if your train is with Avanti you should be o.k (but I'd check online)
(screenshot below) - my train on Saturday takes me to Birmingham New street, then half hour wait before a short train to Nuneaton (never been to Birmingham before, so wondering if I can use that half an hour wait to have a quick look around - unless there's a Black Sabbath statue within 5 minutes walk, prob not worth it ha ha)

@Benleigh250 - are your trains o.k mate?
Hi Den

Thx for checking in I’m travelling via Orpington with Clive and Diane.
See you on Saturday

Look forward to seeing everyone at the weekend

Saturday
Curry house booked for 7pm
Rock /blues cover band at the pub from 9pm

Sunday
Open for practice from 10am . Early birds can help themselves to tea and coffee
Bar opens at 11
Tournament starts at 1pm
Hot and cold food with Veggie options in main bar at 3pm
There is no registration fees etc but a donation appreciated towards the food (suggested £3)
There are trophies for winner and runner up plus IFPA points

Last edited:
Heads up for anyone travelling from London- I'd imagine it will be sorted soon, but currently stuck at Rugby, due to a fatality on the track ahead.

I'm heading to curry house at 6.45 . We have tables reserved upstairs so if early say you're from Fife St

Huge thanks to Steve for hosting this weekend. Thanks for arranging the curry Saturday evening and the local band were brilliant!
Thanks also to Mark for the food.
Thanks to Gene for running an excellent tournament.
Well done to Matt on winning, Kirk second, Nick third and a BIG shout out to Andy on his fourth place!
Thank you to everyone that donated to the whip round. Really pleased to say that £250 was presented to Steve.
Great to meet old and new faces!
Till the next one!
Diane & Clive

Just back home after a long day. Fantastic tournament put on by Steve, and ran brilliantly by @Genotime . Was a great, relaxed atmosphere, and so good to see so many people play. It was great to catch up with friends, and make some new ones.
A superb win by @Matt Vince who played brilliantly all done, and was an honour, a very unexpected one, to share the final with @mufcmufc and @Tilt_Birmingham , I felt like a bit of an imposter.
Very happy with my Stegosaurus, thank you @steve brum 👍

and to everyone for my Birthday bonus. its great to see the machines been played by such a large crowd.

only 2 casualties so far machine wise and one is just a broken rubber. thats less failure rate that some league nights!

Thanks everyone for coming. I really enjoyed seeing a great mix of people coming together and being able to enjoy some pinball and each others company! Was really cool to see the local community being able to mix and match with the rest of you who I have gotten to know so well at various events around the country.

It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. Well done to all and once again showed the strength of the pinball community just being an overall great gang of people.

Thanks as always to Steve and the rest of the Electric Circus gang for putting up the venue and machines for all to enjoy. The machines held up suprisingly well!

Do let me know if you have any feedback about how we could improve things. Hopefully we can run more events in the future and hope to see you all there soon.

Huge thanks to @Genotime for running a smooth comp which went perfectly to time, very impressive and awesome to see the passion for pinball amongst the many newbies. Very friendly atmosphere, machines held up well, prizes were awesome! Congrats to @Matt Vince for the win, but player of the day had to be @AndyB, needing a win to have a chance at a bye into the final, he put up a rather impressive 427m on Stranger Things and made it into the top 2. Finally thanks to @steve brum, thanks for having us all again

Thanks everyone for coming. I really enjoyed seeing a great mix of people coming together and being able to enjoy some pinball and each others company! Was really cool to see the local community being able to mix and match with the rest of you who I have gotten to know so well at various events around the country.

It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. Well done to all and once again showed the strength of the pinball community just being an overall great gang of people.

Thanks as always to Steve and the rest of the Electric Circus gang for putting up the venue and machines for all to enjoy. The machines held up suprisingly well!

Do let me know if you have any feedback about how we could improve things. Hopefully we can run more events in the future and hope to see you all there soon.

Only thing I would say that could have improved - maybe have a score sheet on the high score game so that everyone writes their name down and you have a record of all players

Many thanks to birthday boy Steve for hosting us all and Gene for an excellent job in running the comp.

Congrats to Matt who plauyed great all day for winning and Kirk and Nick for 2nd and 3rd. Special mention to Andy for great play all day and well deserved finalist.

Morning all, got in to bed last night and started shivering uncontrollably out of nowhere. Feel like crap today, so did a test and have Covid:-(
If you feel rough; worth doing a test. Hope noone else at the event got it 👍🏻- I mightve picked it up on the coach and train home on Sunday night (was packed in pretty tight)

Morning all, got in to bed last night and started shivering uncontrollably out of nowhere. Feel like crap today, so did a test and have Covid:-(
If you feel rough; worth doing a test. Hope noone else at the event got it 👍🏻- I mightve picked it up on the coach and train home on Sunday night (was packed in pretty tight)

Ack. Rest up well Den, hope you get over it quickly.

Hope you get over it soon. Rest up and take care. 😘

Back
Top Bottom